I am kind of legitimately happy for Brady

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Is that terrible? 4 superbowl wins wow. I have always liked him much more than that media whore Peyton and I think this clinches Brady as the superior QB for sure. I think if the Pats were playing anyone but us I would have been rooting for them. So good for him, kind of....

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Nah, you're tipping your hat. Nothing wrong with that. Not sure I can go as far as to say I'm happy for Brady b/c it came down to a monumental cockup that was the difference between the talk being about him vs. the Seahawks historic repeat and Russell Wilson accolades instead. (yeah, yeah... I know. Not just one play. But, with the way the game played out and wrong, way-too-risky play call at the worst time.) Brady is deserving of lofty recognition whether he won or lost, which bothered me about all the talk leading into the game.

Gronkzilla

Reaction score
Congrats on a great season Seahawk fans, I mean it! What an unbelievable Championship game and truly one for the ages. As a fan of a team that has lost two super bowls in gut-wrenching fashion I know it hurts but looking around the board mostly you guys are handling it with class. But as last night proves, you can lose in a Super Bowl and get your heart ripped out but then come back and compete for another one. This is cliche but it's not about how you fall, it's about how you get back up. See you next season Hawks!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":2i8rw8rt said:
Congrats on a great season Seahawk fans, I mean it! What an unbelievable Championship game and truly one for the ages. As a fan of a team that has lost two super bowls in gut-wrenching fashion I know it hurts but looking around the board mostly you guys are handling it with class. But as last night proves, you can lose in a Super Bowl and get your heart ripped out but then come back and compete for another one. This is cliche but it's not about how you fall, it's about how you get back up. See you next season Hawks!

It definitely hurts lol, and as you said, you know the feeling too. It was definitely a game for the ages. Going in, was just glad that it came down to the Hawks and Pats. Would've dreaded watching Luck and IND win it.

Bryce84

Reaction score
I wouldn't call myself happy for him, but I have a great deal of respect him and Belichick for what they have accomplished together. That was one of the contributing reasons I knew I wouldn't be too upset about the outcome of this game if we ended up losing. The other being that we stole a win from GB in a game I felt we didn't have much business being in, so I felt lucky and thankful to have the opportunity. This team has come a long way in a short amount of time and its in good hands for years to come with Pete and John. I can only hope 15 years into the John+Pete+Russ era we have as much success as Brady and Belichick have had (minus Spygate).

aawolf

Reaction score
The Patriots made the plays in the fourth quarter to win it, especially Brady and Eddleman--to drive down the field and score twice in the fourth quarter with amazing proficiency should earn the respect of anyone who is a true football fan. They are ballers and worthy of a Championship. But, it hurts because we deserved to win as well, and almost did, and could have, and should have.

I want nothing more right now than a rematch in Superbowl 50. I want redemption.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":93ulg4tl said:
Is that terrible? 4 superbowl wins wow. I have always liked him much more than that media whore Peyton and I think this clinches Brady as the superior QB for sure. I think if the Pats were playing anyone but us I would have been rooting for them. So good for him, kind of....

he had a hell of a night.

still think we lost the game more than they won it, but they are champs because of him.

4 for 6 for him, and all of us just stomach punched by last night, Brady's pats are a perfect example of why we should still be holding our heads up high. good coach, good qb, patience, and we will continue to see championship opportunities

grizbob

Reaction score
I can't stand the guy and don't care what that makes me :pukeface:

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
What Brady was able to accomplish against our defense was remarkable, but I will never allow myself to be happy for him. Dude is an insincere, pompous douche with a helluva throwing arm. Bevell made deflate-gate go away in one fell swoop.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Definitely props go to Brady. He threw two picks, but stayed cold as ice. Peyton comes apart when things aren't going his way. Last year, I cringed at thought about Peyton 'adding to his legacy.' I don't like Brady's notch in the belt coming at our expense, but I can handle that much better than if we lost to PeyPey. Much more respect for Tom because of his mental toughness.

Another contrast to offers is -while losing is never fun- at least this one came in the final seconds of a hard-fought , evenly-officiated game. Nothing is comparable to the awful feeling I had after XL when the refs practically handed the game to the already-capable Squealers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2oqz6d19 said:
Definitely props go to Brady. He threw two picks, but stayed cold as ice. Peyton comes apart when things aren't going his way. Last year, I cringed at thought about Peyton 'adding to his legacy.' I don't like Brady's notch in the belt coming at our expense, but I can handle that much better than if we lost to PeyPey. Much more respect for Tom because of his mental toughness.

Another contrast to offers is -while losing is never fun- at least this one came in the final seconds of a hard-fought , evenly-officiated game. Nothing is comparable to the awful feeling I had after XL when the refs practically handed the game to the already-capable Squealers.

i dont mind losing. i just hate that we lost not playing our strength. thats what stings.