R.E.L.A.X

2_0_6

Reaction score
Undoubtedly this was one of the more painful losses I can remember of any team I root for, but everyone needs to remember Russell is in his 3rd year, with one of the youngest teams in the league, and the defensive core is all signed for the next few years.

We need to sit back and look at how far we have come in the past 3 years and enjoy it.

We should be back to back champs, but the chips didn't fall our way this time.

Have faith, we will be back.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with the sentiment of the OP. It's tough seeing this board melt down after a really tough loss. Shoot some of the threads are being locked because of infighting on posts.

The team will recover from this and move forward. Pete and John are going to navigate us out of what looks like a huge pothole (WR talent, DB,DLine depth, injuries to key players for next year, D Coordinator gone, people calling for Bevel's head, etc.)

JonRud

Reaction score
I agree. I feel better today than I thought I would.

Bottom line is the Hawks have given us 3 straight amazing seasons with tons of exciting games. We had 2 insane NFC Championship wins at home, went to 2 Super Bowls and won 1 of them.

The core is young and this team will continue to be in the hunt for the Super Bowl. Yes that was a very difficult loss yesterday, but I am not focused just on the final play. As bad as that was our great defense did not get it done in the 4th quarter and the Lane & Avril injuries killed us.

JonRud

Reaction score
Look how many guys did not play in the 4th quarter of this SB - Lane, Avril, Mebane, J. Hill, P. Richardson, Z. Miller.

Banged up - Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor.

This Seahawks team was beat to hell by the end of the season and still almost won the Super Bowl. They fought their asses off as best they could. You just have to be proud of that and thankful to root for a team like this.

Damn who am I today? it's like Aliens took over my body. me being the voice of reason wow.

captSE

Reaction score
Amen and I agree. It's a little depressing to read all these Monday morning (qb) type comments this morning. Sheesh, everyone's a Monday morning expert. Leave the guys and coaches alone. I'm sure they all feel worse than we do.

hawk45

Reaction score
When Rodgers said it, it wasn't even that cute and by the second time I heard it I was gritting my teeth.

I'm ready to never hear it used again by someone thinking they're the first person to drag it out of the toolbox.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Did you just quote Aaron Freakin' Rodgers in an attempt to calm us down? We should talk about your approach. :)

ManBunts

Reaction score
Let me wallow in my anger and self pity! It's the first stage of grief: denial and isolation. I'm not yet done convincing myself that the world doesn't understand my pain.

And yes, you're right, we are a great, young team, but I see a few dangers here: between the NFL and what might be perceived as another disrespect by Bevell, could you blame Lynch if he hangs up his cleats? No run game and we are not here next year. And secondly, Bevell again, you can't keep a coach like that when half the team questions his ability and judgment. It may be one mistake, but if the guys don't trust you, you can't keep that as part of the team

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JonRud":rqhu7lo6 said:
Look how many guys did not play in the 4th quarter of this SB - Lane, Avril, Mebane, J. Hill, P. Richardson, Z. Miller.

This Seahawks team was beat to hell by the end of the season and still almost won the Super Bowl. They fought their asses off as best they could. You just have to be proud of that and thankful to root for a team like this.

Damn who am I today? it's like Aliens took over my body. me being the voice of reason wow.
Thats how I feel,we did all we could with what we had and it was almost good enough..

travlinhawk

Reaction score
JonRud":3rzl491a said:

Amen bro, amen.

Northhawk

Reaction score
JonRud":5jdmgjpd said:

Agreed. 100%

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawk45":2zf3mbpp said:
When Rodgers said it, it wasn't even that cute and by the second time I heard it I was gritting my teeth.

I'm ready to never hear it used again by someone thinking they're the first person to drag it out of the toolbox.

At the end of the day it's just a GAME. There really is no way of describing what it felt like to watch it end the way it did, but is it going to make anyone feel better to constantly talk about the "what if's'?

Gotta hit that reset button as Russell says and move on. No point in continually picking a scab with hopes of it magically healing and going away.