3 Moves I Would Love 2 See This OS

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
1. Fitzgerald and Cards mutually move on and he signs with the Seahawks on a cap friendly deal.

2. Broncos choose D Thomas over J Thomas who signs with the Bears and we trade for Martellus Bennett.

3. If we cant sign Maxwell long term, we sign Walter Thurmond back on a cheap prove it deal while picking up more DBs in the draft.

Also on a lesser note convince Kevin Williams for one more go around. I feel the worst for him than any other player on the team.

With Bennett and Fitz this offense would be unstoppable and I dont know how Lynch does not come back unless he absolutely does not want to play for Bevell.

ivotuk

Reaction score
We definitely need some help in the receiver department. I love what our guys have done, but they just don't give Russell enough of an option to throw the ball up and be confident his receiver will get it. He was able to do that with Chris Mathews, and I'd like to see more of that.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Hire a passing game coordinator along with the above mentioned moves. Last night became very obvious that NE's passing game is years ahead of Seattle's.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
like your plan,,,but 31 other teams would also love to have that scheme too. Thurmond cant stay healthy at all..maybe a one year prove it depth signing..

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
One of the big questions is Mathews. Was that a fluke or can he be the tall WR we've been looking for? I'd love to get Fitz. Wilson might throw 40+ TDs with a tall WR threat like that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I guess Scheinder wasn't kidding about Maxwell being a priority but honestly Lane being injured was even worse by then anyone we had was injured. The biggest thing was lack of pass rush we really missed Mebane, Jordan etc. and when Avril went out it was a wrap because Brady had all day it was Atlanta all over again.

The game also showed we need to fix the TE position group immediately not sure if Thomas is the answer but something better be. On a good note it looks like we might have something in Chris Matthews.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Does Fitz have anything left in the tank? Don't we need a "burner" type WR? Or are we just looking for depth? Honest question here. I was thinking that Fitz had lost a couple steps.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Frankly, Im all for bringing Holmgren aboard even almost everyone here hates that idea. I think Wilson can excel in his time based WCO. Wilson is the QB he wanted in Seneca Wallace.

Also, these moves come with sacrifice like moving on from Unger and Miller.

MVP53

Reaction score
blkhwk":1rd8mbfm said:
Hire a passing game coordinator along with the above mentioned moves. Last night became very obvious that NE's passing game is years ahead of Seattle's.

Well no kidding. That's how their team is structured, it's not how Seattle is structured. NE also has maybe the greatest QB in history.

Seattle doesn't need NEs passing offense to be successful. Just keep doing what you're doing, and find ways to do it better. No need to reinvent the wheel just because you lost a SB by 4.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":31ej98jh said:
Does Fitz have anything left in the tank? Don't we need a "burner" type WR? Or are we just looking for depth? Honest question here. I was thinking that Fitz had lost a couple steps.

A tall dependable possesion WR who can work the short to intermediate routes while doing all the little things like blocking and taking pressure off every other player in the RZ. Exactly what the Seahawks need.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Another question for the offseason, is Simon going to grow or is he going to be a liability? Whoever lines up opposite of Sherman is going to get picked on big time and if he cant provide a little something do we need a new CB? I'm hopeful Burley will show some growth too and help with some of those smaller shifty guys like Edelman.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Without the experience and game tape, I can't really say what the issue is in the passing game. Play calling, players, or both. Much like Brock mentioned on the radio today, they do need a go-to or gamechanger guy in the passing game. Someone you can target when you need the play. Someone to compliment the running game and stress the D. Baldwin's been somewhat that, but agree that his value comes in the slot. For the Pats, it's Edelman or Gronk.

calhawkfan

Reaction score
The only way the Hawks bring WR/TE to bolster the passing game is if Lynch is gone. Let's face it, the way the NFL salary cap is set up you cannot have playmakers at every position. If Lynch leaves, either by way of retirement or trade, Seattle will officially become Wilson's team and they will get him the supporting cast he needs. This team is run first, and they have no problem in letting the world know it, but to truly attract playmakers on the outside they probably need to move on from Marshawn (not what I want). I can't think of any way the team could stay the way it is, and afford to bring in a playmaking TE and WR. Personally I would like to see them bolster the defensive line, keep Maxi, add another cover corner, and extend Bobby and Russ. Just my opinion.

Exittium

Reaction score
Wilson needs some more Matthews clones. At a minimum. Theres a reason the dude was amazing in the CFL and had the best rookie season up there. I think Pete used him like harvin the year before. He was our "x" player. I like the grind and attitude of Baldwin and I like Kearse but they're too wish washy. Oline, sorry I don't care Okung isn't back, or Carp we need help there. And CB depth. (I think burley is better then Simon) In reality there's alot that can be done. But we wont know until we see who stays and who goes.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I like your WTIII idea. There could be a starting spot for him here. Perfect place to sign a prove it contract.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":30xshi2q said:
One of the big questions is Mathews. Was that a fluke or can he be the tall WR we've been looking for? I'd love to get Fitz. Wilson might throw 40+ TDs with a tall WR threat like that.

Matthews played great but when Belichick adjusted and put Browner on him, he was a complete non factor

But it does show what Russ could be with some size at WR. We need a legit #1 guy with some size and ability to beat man press.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Do wish we'd had Zach for the season. He's such a reliable catching and blocking TE. Especially, as the offense is predicated on the run.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why not sign whatever Thomas Denver can't?

Tical21

Reaction score
Because we signed Avril and KJ Wright and Russell Wilson and now talking about Maxwell, and supposedly made a big offer for Lynch. No way we have Thomas/Fitz money.