Is the rumor true?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I have a question is it true that the Seahawks are rumored to be extending Lynch? NBC mentioned this several times in the pregame so I'm curious if it has any validity.

Exittium

Reaction score
If I was lynch i wouldn't stay if bevell stays, that'd be my negotiation terms lol If he's gone I'll stay otherwise bye bye

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Exittium":3iscgrfu said:
If I was lynch i wouldn't stay if bevell stays, that'd be my negotiation terms lol If he's gone I'll stay otherwise bye bye

players dictating coaching staff decisions?

jblaze

Reaction score
Seattle offered him a two year contract it was rumored. Supposedly it's tearing up next year and giving him a new two year contract with only next year guaranteed at 11m.

It's all speculation at this point but that is what pro football talk was saying.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure how Bevell could look Marshawn in the eye after this.
Even if the hawks want to sign him, why would he come back at this point?

I'm scared as hell at what we would look like without Lynch, but this may be the time to part ways.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Apparently Lynch took the high road after the game. Said the game is a team game.

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
canhawkfan":1mcgtcl5 said:

I'm scared as hell at what we would look like without Lynch, but this may be the time to part ways.

Carrol asked for a pass play it wasn't Bevell's fault.

Exittium

Reaction score
Sonicsdave":2uz20trq said:
canhawkfan":2uz20trq said:

Your not so smart if you believe Carroll. He's just doing what good coaches do and take the blame. Unlike bevell who comes out and says he makes the calls and then throws Lockette under the bus.. Aka Jim Mora'd him.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jblaze":3g0ynkw2 said:
Seattle offered him a two year contract it was rumored. Supposedly it's tearing up next year and giving him a new two year contract with only next year guaranteed at 11m.

It's all speculation at this point but that is what pro football talk was saying.
Thanks, if I understand it correctly that means the guaranteed money can be spread out over three years as opposed to the 8M+ cap hit for next year currently correct?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would hate/love it if Marshawn told the team he will retire if Bevell stays. If Pete wants to stubbornly hold onto Bevell, he doesn't deserve Lynch

jblaze

Reaction score
Let's be clear here. Carroll asked for a pass play, Bevell called that specific pass play. Some blame to go around here but on the outside, it looks like a pass play was the right call on 2nd and 1 with 1 TO remaining with :26 left. That specific pass play was probably not the right one for the situation.

Should have been playaction rollout in my opinion.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":3pzx5mhr said:
Sonicsdave":3pzx5mhr said:
canhawkfan":3pzx5mhr said:

Your not so smart if you believe Carroll. He's just doing what good coaches do and take the blame. Unlike bevell who comes out and says he makes the calls and then throws Lockette under the bus.. Aka Jim Mora'd him.

And are you any different? You're throwing Bevell under the bus because the play wasn't executed properly?

Whose decision was it to call the timeout after Kearse's catch?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Sonicsdave":wi5mc8fb said:
canhawkfan":wi5mc8fb said:

According to an interview on fieldgulls. Bevelled said he made the call and added he makes all the calls unless Pete tells him other wise

(on if that goes for him and Pete Carroll and Tom Cable and everybody on the play call) "Well, you know I'm calling the plays, and I make the calls, unless Carroll tells me to do something different, but we communicate, we talk, and I make all of the play calls."

(on not running the ball) "I mean that's an option. The one thing we were just talking about was we were trying to make sure that we were using all of the time. We only had one timeout as well so we were trying to do that and then with the throw, one thing is going to happen. It is either going to be incomplete or it's going to be a touchdown. So either way we had a chance to stop the clock there and then we could still end up getting all four of our plays."

(on him making the call and if it came from somewhere else) "Yes. I made the call."

Bedell forget that there could be an interception too? It is part of the game Bevell.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/2/2/7962 ... nce-quotes

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
jblaze":v4nwiqjq said:
Let's be clear here. Carroll asked for a pass play, Bevell called that specific pass play. Some blame to go around here but on the outside, it looks like a pass play was the right call on 2nd and 1 with 1 TO remaining with :26 left. That specific pass play was probably not the right one for the situation.

My exact take on the matter. RW could have run it in himself at worst throw it away. Slant in that tight group?

Exittium

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2bapwg30 said:
Exittium":2bapwg30 said:
Sonicsdave":2bapwg30 said:
canhawkfan":2bapwg30 said:

And are you any different? You're throwing Bevell under the bus because the play wasn't executed properly?

Whose decision was it to call the timeout after Kearse's catch?
I am different I'm not a player therefore I can throw whoever I please under the bus. I'm sorry it doesn't jive with your bevell love feelings. But it doesn't change the fact that bevell himself admitted he makes the calls and then blamed a player. So go ahead, try and spin something else up.

PS Screw Bevell . And anyone else who supports his roont ass.

misfit

Reaction score
Suddenly, I wish I lived in Kansas City :stirthepot:

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jblaze":b92fcrjh said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Seriously why pick a play without several options in that kind of situation. To pass the ball wasn't a bad decision and may actually have been the correct decision (I don't completely agree if it is) but the type and location was asinine.

lobohawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":j2obbzxt said:
jblaze":j2obbzxt said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Seriously why pick a play without several options in that kind of situation. To pass the ball wasn't a bad decision and may actually have been the correct decision (I don't completely agree if it is) but the type and location was asinine.

Yup. I would have preferred a tight formation with play action to Lynch and a roll-out. The TE would leak out of the scrum toward the roll-out side of the endzone. This gives Russell a chance to "read" the play and make the pass or throw it away.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I would have been fine with a throw to the outside from the pocket, or the back corner. Basically what you can't do is throw a pass right into the area where there are tons of defenders, especially a touch pass that has to be thrown before you can actually see exactly what all is going on... you need to play to the strengths of the QB which is seeing the field and putting the ball somewhere where only our guy can get it, or it falls incomplete.

It was idiotic to call that play in that situation, given the defensive alignment.