2015 will be Epic

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I woke up this morning pissed at the opportunity that was squandered, but I can't help but think this team leaves no doubt in 2015. Like every team, we have holes to fix, but this Front Office has proven that they will aggressively fix weaknesses that kept us from winning.

We have our core locked up for a long time and I have total faith that these guys don't want to experience this feeling again (ie Atlanta). I think this team has the proper leadership to do something crazy in 2015. Almost everyone on this team has the legit possibility of improving and I think 2015 will be something special. Bottom line: We have RW, Kam, Earl, and Sherm leading this team. Anybody have any doubt that these guys will take it to another level and demand the same of teammates? I have no doubts at all.

I don't want to make any crazy predictions, but I think this team will take it to another level and I think we are all in for one helluva ride.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it, as I do every year. But until then for me personally to get my football fix in I'm going to probably learn and watch arena football.. Idk I have family who love it and go. It'll be a good distraction from this loss. But Here's to 2015 season hopefully we get some decent talent in the draft and some good FAs.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
It will be epic if the team stays healthy and Simon isn't starting.

Simon looked awful against Carolina and New England.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I can't think of anything more fitting to describe my feeling than the words that Wilson started his 2012 post game interview with.

[vimeo]118533776[/vimeo]

I thought it would take at least 24-48 hours to feel that way, but I'm so hopeful for next year. I can't wait to see what the offseason brings us.

If you had asked me, back in 2005-2012, if I would be happy to have three years where we made the playoffs, won a Superb Owl, and the lost the next one, I would have been ecstatic to take that offer.

This team has so much promise and the loss will just make the next one that much sweeter.

We came closer to repeating than anyone in the last ten years.

Go Hawks

- bsd

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
This loss is crushing.
The POSITIVE: Only the STRONG and MATURE will emerge as true leaders of this TEAM. Selfish unprofessional players will have to follow or leave.
Pete and John will make sure this team will not be divided by immature and selfish intentions.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism rising over the board like the sun today, but I just don't see it. It takes so much, sooo many things to go right, to get to that game--health, favorable calls, opponent's records and seeding, weather even--that the same or better roster in ten scenarios does not make that game ten times.

Take the 49ers for instance (all biases aside): they came back this year with their key players, strong coach, high expectations, and by the end of the year they were fighting for a winning record. I'll bet Brees and the Saints thought they could keep the momentum rolling too. Rogers still hasn't been back since his victory. Peyton never won a second. Injuries, free agency, money, chemistry, the window closes fast. The dread that a lot of us are still feeling after the initial shock is the fear that we may be on the other side of our golden age.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Might be too early to reflect, but this year was pretty epic too... we were 3-3 at one point, not knowing if we would make it back. So many plays over the course of the season had to go right... before it went wrong for us to even be in the position we were in.

Winning the division, crushing our rivals, clinching the #1 seed.. and of course, witnessing an NFC championship game that was one for the ages. This was despite losing Miller, Bane, Hill and other key guys to injury. This is a resilient team that had to overcome so much this season.

This setback sucked, but it's no different. We have strong leadership in the locker room and a smart front office. This team will be in SB contention for years to come. Many other teams can't really say the same.

#whatsnext

svenge

Reaction score
Between all the secondary injuries, the Bevell situation and the high possibility of losing Beast Mode, I'm predicting 9-7 for 2015 and losing the tiebreak for a wild card spot. It won't help that Russell will be overpaid by 5+ million per year which will severely limit our ability to retain our 2nd-tier guys, let alone pick up decent free agents to replace some glaring failures (read: Tharold Simon).

We won't be seeing the Seahawks in the Super Bowl again for at least five years if not more. :cry:

JonRud

Reaction score
I too think the Hawks will have a record setting 2015. As healthy as the 2013 team was the 2014 was devastated by injuries by the end of the Super Bowl and still almost won.

Assuming we don't have such a bad run of injury again I can see the Hawks dominating next year. SF will be worse without Harbaugh and Arizona won't be that good again with Palmer coming off an ACL tear if he can even stay healthy. Rams still have no QB.

I know it's way too early to make any kinds of predictions but I think the Hawks are looking at 13-3 and winning Super Bowl 50 in Santa Clara.

jhoeHawk

Reaction score
Re: 2015 will be Epic
Post by svenge » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:28 am

Between all the secondary injuries, the Bevell situation and the high possibility of losing Beast Mode, I'm predicting 9-7 for 2015 and losing the tiebreak for a wild card spot. It won't help that Russell will be overpaid by 5+ million per year which will severely limit our ability to retain our 2nd-tier guys, let alone pick up decent free agents to replace some glaring failures (read: Tharold Simon).

We won't be seeing the Seahawks in the Super Bowl again for at least five years if not more. :cry:

Sorry we are not the Niners and thank the lord Jed York is not our leader.

original poster

Reaction score
svenge":mgytzei0 said:

Mr Optimist.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
svenge":2auhiv8o said:

A little over dramatic and negative maybe? :229031_shrug:

HawkEye

Reaction score
I see our Seahawks driven by revenge and playing with guns blazing all year...all the way to Super Bowl 50

I doubted before...I won't do it again.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2hc3chv8 said:
I appreciate the optimism rising over the board like the sun today, but I just don't see it. It takes so much, sooo many things to go right, to get to that game--health, favorable calls, opponent's records and seeding, weather even--that the same or better roster in ten scenarios does not make that game ten times.

Take the 49ers for instance (all biases aside): they came back this year with their key players, strong coach, high expectations, and by the end of the year they were fighting for a winning record. I'll bet Brees and the Saints thought they could keep the momentum rolling too. Rogers still hasn't been back since his victory. Peyton never won a second. Injuries, free agency, money, chemistry, the window closes fast. The dread that a lot of us are still feeling after the initial shock is the fear that we may be on the other side of our golden age.
I'm sorry, man, but the Hawks are on a different level from those teams. I see us as more like the Patriots--all time great team that's gonna be around for a long time and losing the big game just gets them pissed off. Oh God, did I just compare us to the Pats...? Sorry, maybe were more like the Montana/Young Niners... Oh damn. Well, anyway.

GO HAWKS!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2jlmhw9j said:

See, it seems like the opposite to me. We got to the SB this year.

Health? As if. We lost so many guys at various points and we were starting new D-line players as fast as we could pick them up.

Favorable calls? AHHHhahahahhaa :pukeface: We had just a stupid disparity between our penalties and our opponents.

Opponents' records and seeding? We spotted Arizona a huge lead in the division. We didn't take advantage of a weak division like in the past.

Weather? Yeah, I'm thinking that the weather in the NFCCG did us no favors.

About the only thing I'd point to as breaking in our favor this season was Arizona losing their QBs. Everything else was a hard-fought slog of a battle, and the Hawks still overcame it all to make the SB.

You have to put yourself in a position where you can benefit from all those things that can go right, and to handle it when those things go wrong. That's what the Hawks have done, and it's what I believe they're capable of doing every year. Now, I don't think this guarantees that we'll keep making the SB until Wilson, Thomas, and Sherman all retire, but I think we'll have a nice, long run of being a contender. We're not even in our prime yet, folks.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2n0qgplx said:
WindCityHawk":2n0qgplx said:

See, it seems like the opposite to me. We got to the SB this year.

Health? As if. We lost so many guys at various points and we were starting new D-line players as fast as we could pick them up.

Favorable calls? AHHHhahahahhaa :pukeface: We had just a stupid disparity between our penalties and our opponents.

Opponents' records and seeding? We spotted Arizona a huge lead in the division. We didn't take advantage of a weak division like in the past.

Weather? Yeah, I'm thinking that the weather in the NFCCG did us no favors.

About the only thing I'd point to as breaking in our favor this season was Arizona losing their QBs. Everything else was a hard-fought slog of a battle, and the Hawks still overcame it all to make the SB.

You have to put yourself in a position where you can benefit from all those things that can go right, and to handle it when those things go wrong. That's what the Hawks have done, and it's what I believe they're capable of doing every year. Now, I don't think this guarantees that we'll keep making the SB until Wilson, Thomas, and Sherman all retire, but I think we'll have a nice, long run of being a contender. We're not even in our prime yet, folks.

I agree with all of your points. I see big things for us next season.

byau

Reaction score
If you are on board with Russell Wilson, he will tell you that dwelling on past mistakes will drag you down. Dwelling on past achievements will also drag you down

I take that meaning as regardless of whether we won or not, the next few seasons WILL be epic. 2015. 2016. And on and on.

Sure, this summer won't be fun making all those purchases and re-watching all those games, that doesn't make 2015 any less epic-worthy. That doesn't make the Seahawks any less the SB contenders they will be for the next few years at least.

John will keep scouting, finding us diamonds in the rough
Pete will continue being the players coach
The Seahawks will continue to not only find players but develop them.
Russell will continue to be a leader by example
The LOB will continue to be a three all-pro backfield
The linebacker core will continue to develop (and we have a new all-pro there too!)
Little by little more holes will be patched

A lot of good things on this Seahawks team.

In short: 2015: Looking forward to making the run once again!