The better team won!

northseahawk

Reaction score
The better team won yesterday, which were clearly the Patriots. They came in prepared to the teeth, had a game plan and executed to perfection. This morning I woke up and thought about the game and it was clear that we didn't deserve the win.

A team that didn't have a pass completion till almost the mid of 2nd qrtr doesn't deserve a win.

A team whose receivers couldn't get a feet of separation doesn't deserve a win. Most of the passing yards came on fluke plays from a practice squad player and a lucky pass off the leg (kearse catch). And the #1 receiver has 1 catch for 3 yards. and I don't think the TEs had a catch.

A defense who couldn't tackle for s***. So many missed tackles that led to big yards. And a defense that had the same plays run against them over and over and over again, and they still couldn't figure it out. A defense like that doesn't deserve the win.

A corner, who is just an embarrassment to the NFL (it aches me to say his name..Simon)!

The only players who came to play and who should have been the only players to get a ring if we had won were: lynch, Bennet, Irvin, and Sherman.

After digesting all these, the loss yesterday doesn't hurt as much.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I don't think the better team won. I think the healthier and more consistent team won. Losing Lane right away hurt. Sherman was banged up. Earl was banged up. Kam was banged up. Losing Avril in the 4th when we really needed to stop them hurt. I mean, holy crap, that's half our starting D hurt in some capacity. The Pats are indeed good, and I'm not taking that away from them, but our offense was being fairly successful in picking them apart in the 2nd half. We had great rhythm. Usually that's when our healthy D steps up and stumps the other offense and we control the game

Reaction score
One thing I will give the Pats is that they at least seem like they had a game plan. They had a specific way they wanted to attack us and it work to a T. We look lost some times on offense. That to me was the difference in this game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It is hard for me to think that the Hawks deserved to win that game after giving up 14 points in the 4th quarter and giving up the largest-ever 4th quarter lead in Super Bowl history. For a defense that was in discussion for GOAT status, that was just pathetic. I don't care who was injured. Can't fold like they did in such a key moment.

In spite of them though, the win was there and the Hawks blew it.

Seafan

Reaction score
Did you see Brady on the sideline during the last drive. He was defeated. When the Hawks had the ball 2nd and goal he knew the game was over. That was pure luck that they won that last play.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
northseahawk":2usupnxi said:
The better team won yesterday, which were clearly the Patriots. They came in prepared to the teeth, had a game plan and executed to perfection. This morning I woke up and thought about the game and it was clear that we didn't deserve the win.

A team that didn't have a pass completion till almost the mid of 2nd qrtr doesn't deserve a win.

A team whose receivers couldn't get a feet of separation doesn't deserve a win. Most of the passing yards came on fluke plays from a practice squad player and a lucky pass off the leg (kearse catch). And the #1 receiver has 1 catch for 3 yards. and I don't think the TEs had a catch.

A defense who couldn't tackle for s***. So many missed tackles that led to big yards. And a defense that had the same plays run against them over and over and over again, and they still couldn't figure it out. A defense like that doesn't deserve the win.

A corner, who is just an embarrassment to the NFL (it aches me to say his name..Simon)!

The openly players who came to play and who should have been the only players to get a ring if we had won were: lynch, Bennet, Irvin, and Sherman.

The score actually says it was not so clear. If it were not for one very stupid play call it would have went to other way.

jake206

Reaction score
Old adage: "Players play the game, not coaches." Coaches get waaay too much credit and criticisms for football games.

Riley12

Reaction score
ManBunts":3j2r54w0 said:
I don't think the better team won. I think the healthier and more consistent team won.

Yup

AirStrike

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":vm8hz2uc said:
It is hard for me to think that the Hawks deserved to win that game after giving up 14 points in the 4th quarter and giving up the largest-ever 4th quarter lead in Super Bowl history. For a defense that was in discussion for GOAT status, that was just pathetic. I don't care who was injured. Can't fold like they did in such a key moment.

Half of our secondary wouldn't have played if this was a regular season game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
AirStrike":332fidon said:
Missing_Clink":332fidon said:

Half of our secondary wouldn't have played if this was a regular season game.

OK...good...? It wasn't a regular season game though.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
you can not tell me 90% healthy hawks team is heads and shoulders better then any other team in the NFL... but we were not even close to that... losing lane and avril was huge, despite all that we win that game 999/1000 it still blows my mind.... the pats executed well with the help of some key injuries... have you ever seen us as a team tackle that badly?

Zybot

Reaction score
I don't care what the scoreboard says, I actually feel as though the Seahawks won. As stupid as it sounds, after the Kearse catch, the Comeback against the Packers, the Percy Harvin distraction, the ending was supposed to be Seahawks win back to back superbowls. And they were right there with the best RB in the game, 2nd and goal from the one. Now, I know that everything I saw says the Seahawks lost that game, but I sort of feel like they won. Maybe I am still in denial. Am I crazy? Yeah, I might be a little crazy.

Anyway... I don't think either team played particularly great. It was a fantastic game, with a finish that was brutal, but neither team seemed markedly better than the other. They both played kind of average to be honest.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Teams and game about as even as could be. Pats made that one last play. They get a parade

MrThortan

Reaction score
Sometimes it's just how the game plays out. Hard to say the better team won/lost in competitive match ups like these. Play this game 100 times over and we would get a different game each time. They won, we lost.

kearly

Reaction score
The box score was very even, and the Seahawks basically should have won the game at the end if not for an epic fail by our coaching staff. I think Seattle wins at least 6 out of 10 against New England, probably more like 8 out of 10 if our team is healthy.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Total yards: Patriots: 377 Seattle 396
Interceptions: Seattle 2, Patriots 1
QB Rating: Russell 110, Brady 101
QBR: Russell 90, Brady 81.1

Patriots had more time of possession. 33.46 mins to 26.14 mins.
I think we were the better team. Pats were more consistent throughout the game. We were good in spurts.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't know who had the better team, but I do know who won and lost and that's all that matters.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Remember when we laughed at Aaron Rodgers. Yeah the patriots were the better team and won.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":26ejuhp8 said:

The only players who came to play and who should have been the only players to get a ring if we had won were: lynch, Bennet, Irvin, and Sherman.

The bolded part is on a whole other level of stupid.