Most of LOB requires surgery...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is why it's so frustrating with what happened last night, you just don't know how many times you're gonna get back, what with all these injuries.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3sowriob said:
This is why it's so frustrating with what happened last night, you just don't know how many times you're gonna get back, what with all these injuries.

We'll be back.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
First, let's hope these guys will make a full recovery and be back on time to ball at their same level.
This is where this year's draft will be very important. We will give our most productive players a massive pay raise, leaving little money to sign backups. If our main guys ever go down again (remember this is football, a violent sport) then those backups are expected to perform at a high level.
We need to reload quickly.

TAB420

Reaction score
To me it shows what heart these players have.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I really hope Kam's knee is ok.

Pete said it sounded like a previous injury, then it got hurt again. That could be an ACL. You can partially tear that thing and not even know it.

Typical Tommy John surgery is 9-12 months, but that's for a baseball player. Wonder how long it will take a football player ?

WCstripes

Reaction score
Can someone fill me in on why a non throwing athlete would get tommy john surgery? I thought it was more for qb's and pitchers?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
WCstripes":1qtm0ntx said:
Can someone fill me in on why a non throwing athlete would get tommy john surgery? I thought it was more for qb's and pitchers?
I heard he's getting a second opinion.

ringless

Reaction score
This is kind of interesting in the sense that it's similar to what happened to the 49ers going deep 3 consecutive years. Now Seattle has an extra half a season accrued in the last 3 years and it's possible that may be playing a part in injuries.

crosfam

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if we draft a corner in round one or two. Simon should be a back-up safety, as Johnson will get starter money and leave, along with $Maxwell$. I was sure Lane would be next year's starter until he broke his arm. Hope he can get back to form. Maybe Pinkins will work out in year two.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks46":3rkzvx9g said:
I really hope Kam's knee is ok.

Pete said it sounded like a previous injury, then it got hurt again. That could be an ACL. You can partially tear that thing and not even know it.

Typical Tommy John surgery is 9-12 months, but that's for a baseball player. Wonder how long it will take a football player ?

He doesn't throw the ball and he's right handed. Should be less.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete was just on KIRO and said that he was slightly misled on Sherman's surgery. He said because he's not a thrower, that he probably won't get the Tommy John surgery, but he seemed a little confused on the whole topic. He said first he's going to be there for the birth of his child, then have the surgery.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":32dud4i5 said:
Sgt. Largent":32dud4i5 said:

We'll be back.

Look at the Patriots.. they went 10 years between championships.. and that includes a team that was 18-0 going into the Super Bowl.

It's not the slam dunk a lot of people feel it is. Thats why this loss is hitting me especially hard, I can't speak for everyone else.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":250oc775 said:
NFSeahawks628":250oc775 said:
Sgt. Largent":250oc775 said:

We'll be back.

Look at the Patriots.. they went 10 years between championships.. and that includes a team that was 18-0 going into the Super Bowl.

It's not the slam dunk a lot of people feel it is. Thats why this loss is hitting me especially hard, I can't speak for everyone else.

One. Freaking. Yard.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":1vio4lf3 said:
This is kind of interesting in the sense that it's similar to what happened to the 49ers going deep 3 consecutive years. Now Seattle has an extra half a season accrued in the last 3 years and it's possible that may be playing a part in injuries.
I completely agree with this. Luckily they are young so with a good draft and a couple of shrewd FA moves and time to heal they will be fine for next year and right in the hunt for another Superbowl.

OrFan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2vly08ai said:
ringless":2vly08ai said:
I completely agree with this. Luckily they are young so with a good draft and a couple of shrewd FA moves and time to heal they will be fine for next year and right in the hunt for another Superbowl.

I think that is key to what will happen. Most teams that go to the big game are full of older players that have been around a while and gotten banged up many times. Our guys have accelerated the learning curve, and are still young with a lesser history of injuries. Much better recovery times usually when you are young and fresh as far as body damage.

I think we will need more attention paid to the defensive line than these guys, since we are oldest at those positions. The wear and tear on the big guys is more significant in my opinion.