Atlanta messed us up again

seahawks08

Reaction score
One when Matt Ryan came back and won the game , and one when they distracted Dan Quinn on game planning and giving his all for the Superbowl. I dont buy the argument that he wasn't distracted, when you have a guaranteed HC job and he was involved behind the scenes to put his team together, it is a distraction. I understand Petes philosophy but no team should be allowed to interview our coaches until the season is over. Take it from me who doesn't matter but if I put in my two weeks notice, I will be the most distracted worker at my current position and looking up to my next gig. Its human psychology and coaches are human. If Atlanta had not waited or if Dan Quinn pulled himself out of the equation, no team would have come back from 24 14 lead.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Or we could, you know, have bothered to score some points to widen the lead so Brady scoring a TD with his back against the wall ...didn't end up putting us in a position to lose.

It seemed like once we got the 10 point lead we decided to start playing not to choke away the game.

Which we then did.

Well, not the whole team - just one OC. But since it was his play call it screwed the whole team.

Bevell lost that game the moment the 4th quarter started, maybe sooner.

AirStrike

Reaction score
You can't deny that the Atlanta stuff obviously impacted his performance and preparation, we're all human, so it's expected. It's the same thing that just happened with the Broncos, you could tell in the playoffs that those coaches already had their foot halfway out the door, knowing that a loss was going to be the end of their run but they would have a new job lined up right away and were obviously preparing for that.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The defense was decimated by injuries to Avril, Kam, Sherman, Thomas, Lane, and Simon . . . our entire secondary, plus one of our best outside pass rushers, not to mention the earlier injuries to Mebane and Hill. This had nothing to do with Quinn's coaching.

We also won't miss a beat without Quinn, as Carroll is the true DC.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm not sure what was up with Quinn's pressure packages in the 4Q. Just as Brady was getting rattled by pressure, it seemed like we decided to drop a lineman into coverage and let Brady walk up the middle unabated. That 3rd-and-14 conversion is just one of a dozen things that will remain haunting about this game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Injuries, more than scheme, I think, killed. Losing Lane and the Avril on top of all the other injuries? Brutal.

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't see it that way. The Hawks offense got off to a slow start again, losing Lane early after the pic, then Avril after the second half adjustments had been made and paying dividends. To many injuries on D had more to do with it than play calling in my opinion. Hard to win when the D gives up 28 points.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Our D couldn't bring the fire because they were all beat up-
losing Lane really really hurt-
Wouldn't Marcus Burley have been a better match up for their receivers than Simon?

When was the last time we gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter?

I think we missed our rush up the middle the last two games. (Mebane and Hill)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The injuries finally caught up to them. Lane being the biggest IMO. The entire game changes with him in there to cover Edelman/Amendola

kf3339

Reaction score
gonzhawk":3r7qf9qz said:
Our D couldn't bring the fire because they were all beat up-
losing Lane really really hurt-
Wouldn't Marcus Burley have been a better match up for their receivers than Simon?

When was the last time we gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter?

I think we missed our rush up the middle the last two games. (Mebane and Hill)

I wondered about Burley as well. I can't understand keeping a good CB inactive and having both backup safeties on the game day roster. You would have thought that it would have been the other way and Shead or Johnson would have been the inactive player.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3uugs0i2 said:
The defense was decimated by injuries to Avril, Kam, Sherman, Thomas, Lane, and Simon . . . our entire secondary, plus one of our best outside pass rushers, not to mention the earlier injuries to Mebane and Hill. This had nothing to do with Quinn's coaching.

We also won't miss a beat without Quinn, as Carroll is the true DC.
All the more reason that Quinn needed to focus. If Pete is truly the real DC then he should have taken over two weeks ago. I get the feeling Pete is not an x & o guy. I think he is more of a motivator.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
All I am going to say is that I am up for a promotion at work and these last two weeks I have been absolutely dogging it because I can't wait to get to my next destination.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The biggest thing I learned from this game is you should never play not to lose.

Vetamur

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2lyj7r3e said:
All I am going to say is that I am up for a promotion at work and these last two weeks I have been absolutely dogging it because I can't wait to get to my next destination.

But have you been preparing for something like the championship of your chosen profession? Probably not.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Two most significant plays after getting the 10 point lead (on Hawk's offense).
- The drop by Kearse on the long pass down the left sideline (in field goal range)
- the non-call on the PI against Lockette. He was going to get good yardage and keep the drive alive.

zhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":28t0c2n6 said:
Two most significant plays after getting the 10 point lead (on Hawk's offense).
- The drop by Kearse on the long pass down the left sideline (in field goal range)
- the non-call on the PI against Lockette. He was going to get good yardage and keep the drive alive.

I believe both were key plays, but we still had an opportunity to win it. For the record, I'm ok with the pass call. Butler just unconsciously made a great play. Just remember, they're trying too.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
No doubt he took this loss with a grain of salt. That said, Carroll is hurting.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We knew about a lot of the injuries comming in and we knew exactly what the pats were going to do on offense so OP has a valid opinion.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
He wasn't distracted. Did you happen notice how injured the defense was?