Patriots fan in peace.

LITP

Reaction score
Thought i'd give it a day or two for things to calm a little after the big game.

I hope this post will be taken in the spirit it was intended - from a fan who knows what its like to lose a Superbowl (or 2!) in heartbreaking fashion.

1. I thought the Seahawks played a hell of a game - people want to point the finger at the defence and the points conceded but the fact is they were up against the best QB of his generation and possibly the best OC in the NFL. Factor in that offensive holding is so rarely called in the Superbowl and the Hawks did well to generate as much pressure on Brady as they did.

2. I appreciate that Carroll took the heat for the Wilson game ending playcall, but really he has nothing to apologize for. Hindsight is 20/20 and every hack with access to a keyboard has been deriding him for the call - they really aren't qualified to this. Strangely, BeastMode hasn't had the best statistical success running it from inside the 5 - 1 for 5 on the year? Wilson put the ball where it had to go and the DB just made a fantastic, once in a lifetime play on it - not just to break it up but actually keep track of the ball through the collision and hang on to it.

3. BeastMode is amazing - I hope he gets paid and stays in Seattle. He runs with such violence and conviction - and lets be real here - this isn't the Cowboys O-line he running behind.

4. Russell Wilson is the future. The dude did well with very little help in terms of receivers this year - sure Matthews had a good game but I didn't feel like he could really rely on anyone consistently. I was suprised (actually horrified) at how good his deep balls were - right on the money where the WR had little do except hold his hands out and wait for the ball to hit.

5. Michael Bennett is a beast. You got a bargain with that contract.

6. No-one should read to much into the end of game scrap - it was just the result of a high intensity game between two tough teams who do not back down. I'm sure the Patriots haven't given it a second thought.

6. As much as a d1ck as Sherman can be, I was impressed that he went to shake Brady's hand after the game. Brady has had a lot worse said about him by the likes of Terrell Suggs and he know its all a game, and nothing more.

7. Anyone who says this loss will devastate the Hawks are just guilty of wishful thinking. The nucleus of the team is set - Carroll is an excellent HC. The 49ers have dropped off the map apparently and I don't think the Rams are ready to step up just yet. So its going to be Seattle and Arizona duking it out in the West. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Seattle back in the big game for the 3rd year in a row.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I appreciate the fact that Patriots' fans want to believe they earned this win rather than were handed it due to a poor decision to throw the ball on the one-yard line.

Running it from the five-yard line is a lot different than the one-yard line. That was a gimmee for Marshawn.

As far as our defense goes, we were decimated by injuries. Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, and Lane all need surgeries. Our backup CB, Simon, was also playing with a separated shoulder and broken finger. Avril, our best outside pass rusher, was eliminated due to concussion. And despite all that, we would have won the damn game if we had just given it to Beast Mode.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
congrats on the trophy...

was a great game

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LITP":257ft3zd said:
Thought i'd give it a day or two for things to calm a little after the big game.

I hope this post will be taken in the spirit it was intended - from a fan who knows what its like to lose a Superbowl (or 2!) in heartbreaking fashion.

1. I thought the Seahawks played a hell of a game - people want to point the finger at the defence and the points conceded but the fact is they were up against the best QB of his generation and possibly the best OC in the NFL. Factor in that offensive holding is so rarely called in the Superbowl and the Hawks did well to generate as much pressure on Brady as they did.

2. I appreciate that Carroll took the heat for the Wilson game ending playcall, but really he has nothing to apologize for. Hindsight is 20/20 and every hack with access to a keyboard has been deriding him for the call - they really aren't qualified to this. Strangely, BeastMode hasn't had the best statistical success running it from inside the 5 - 1 for 5 on the year? Wilson put the ball where it had to go and the DB just made a fantastic, once in a lifetime play on it - not just to break it up but actually keep track of the ball through the collision and hang on to it.

3. BeastMode is amazing - I hope he gets paid and stays in Seattle. He runs with such violence and conviction - and lets be real here - this isn't the Cowboys O-line he running behind.

4. Russell Wilson is the future. The dude did well with very little help in terms of receivers this year - sure Matthews had a good game but I didn't feel like he could really rely on anyone consistently. I was suprised (actually horrified) at how good his deep balls were - right on the money where the WR had little do except hold his hands out and wait for the ball to hit.

6. No-one should read to much into the end of game scrap - it was just the result of a high intensity game between two tough teams who do not back down. I'm sure the Patriots haven't given it a second thought.

6. As much as a d1ck as Sherman can be, I was impressed that he went to shake Brady's hand after the game. Brady has had a lot worse said about him by the likes of Terrell Suggs and he know its all a game, and nothing more.

7. Anyone who says this loss will devastate the Hawks are just guilty of wishful thinking. The nucleus of the team is set - Carroll is an excellent HC. The 49ers have dropped off the map apparently and I don't think the Rams are ready to step up just yet. So its going to be Seattle and Arizona duking it out in the West. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Seattle back in the big game for the 3rd year in a row.

Thanks for the post. It's always nice to hear an outside-looking-in perspective...especially on Wilson, who some people in this forum love to nit pick away at. Try to tell them the same things you observed about our WR's and they accuse you of making Russell into some sort of faultless deity, when all were are really doing is pointing out the very obvious shortcomings of our gritty, but limited WRs. Replace Kearse with Edelman and watch some of the detractors suddenly marvel at how Wilson 'suddenly got more consistent' at certain things, or maybe they would just give ALL the credit to Edelman. Very tiring when some people just don't realize what we have, but I digress.

Not so sure we will make it to 3 SB's in a row because: 1. That's super difficult for any team (two in a row is hard enough). 2. We had a lot of key injuries (3 of them to starters in our secondary) that happened deep in the post season, so it's questionable when or if any of those player will be healthy next season...especially early-on. Then there are always the injuries nobody knew about that magically appear in the off season to other key players.

I've got my fingers crossed that somehow Pete cobbles something together that's good enough to make a run, but am equally prepared to fall short.

Good luck to you and your team. As long as Belichick and Brady are with you, the Pat's will make serious noise every year (duh!). I'm glad that we also have a coach that finds ways to maximize the strengths of his players. It's a very refreshing approach after watching Holmgren jam square pegs into round holes for so many years. Once Holmgren had all of HIS players, our team was pretty strong, BUT lose one player and the drop off was too large because Holmy was so inflexible about what he wanted each position to do.

Anyhow, I wish you all the best, and thanks for stopping by.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
LITP":2e61zyfo said:

Congrats to the Pats organization and fanbase.

This is sickening for all of us here on .NET but I was surprised we had no answer to the NE passing game. You basically had 5 drives from the 30 to the endzone (Ryan's punting was seemingly very short on the day aside from 1 punt he got hold of) without us stopping you. Lane's injury was a part of this, but even when he was in I was alarmed at how easy the dink and dunk tactics were working (thought SEA would have adjusted for this pre game!).

My feeling when we were up by 10 was that it flattered us and I wasn't surprised to see you guys get in front, especially when Avril was forced to leave the game (hate the concussion variations...Edelman got popped and could barely stand upright afterwards).

Still, we get 1 yard away from Wilson leading a historic 2 min drill with the catch by Kearse. BUT it was a great play by Butlet. So congrats again, both teams did so much in this game to pull it out.

Bring on next year. We're coming back for more!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Followthelegion":1hntxr54 said:
LITP":1hntxr54 said:

BUT it was a great play by Butlet.
Does 'Butlet' mean small rear end? :mrgreen:

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
GREAT POST!

Everything I would say has already been said above, except that both teams should be feeling fortunate to have been in one of the most exciting Super Bowls in Super Bowl history, and one that will talked about and brought back up for decades to come, not to mentioned the most watched.
I'm certain The Patriots have some years left in their dominance in the AFC, and for the Seahawks this young team getting to the Super Bowl twice in a roll, and playing in a stadium that no team wants to visit, is just getting started and like Wilson said “Greater Things will come”. Getting to and winning Super Bowl 50 sounds like a great goal for the “What’s Next” list.

Rex

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind that in perhaps a few years credible evidence of cheating by the Cheatriots in this game surfaces. It is what they do.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Rex":30xs9nen said:
No doubt in my mind that in perhaps a few years credible evidence of cheating by the Cheatriots in this game surfaces. It is what they do.

coming to a theater near you.....the Los Angeles Rams

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. It was a great game, regardless of the ending. I actually feel better about this game than I have felt about most of our losses, just because it was a worthy opponent, strong play from both teams on both sides of the ball... just a really great SB. Congrats to your guys, but don't get comfy. We're coming for that championship next year.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Pats. You guys came and played your game.

I agree with most of what OP said. Except about Brady. The key to his success was when Lane picked him off and then broke his wrist and his arm. From then on Brady just went after our 4 th string DB Tharold Simon. Dan Quinn for whatever reason chose not to play press coverage when we had a physical mismatch with whoever was matched against Simon.

To the Patriots credit they made the adjustment when we had a mismatch outside... on Chris Matthews by playing Browner on him after he was having an MVP type of day. Dan Quinn never adjusted and BB and Brady just kept going that way.

Actually with the announcement yesterday that the entire LOB (Sherman, Lane, Earl, Kam) is going in for surgery this week I'm surprised we were competitive.

I hope to see you guys in Santa Clara next year!

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Chawks1":202g6iia said:
Congratulations to the Pats. You guys came and played your game.

I agree with most of what OP said. Except about Brady. The key to his success was when Lane picked him off and then broke his wrist and his arm. From then on Brady just went after our 4 th string DB Tharold Simon. Dan Quinn for whatever reason chose not to play press coverage when we had a physical mismatch with whoever was matched against Simon.

To the Patriots credit they made the adjustment when we had a mismatch outside... on Chris Matthews by playing Browner on him after he was having an MVP type of day. Dan Quinn never adjusted and BB and Brady just kept going that way.

Actually with the announcement yesterday that the entire LOB (Sherman, Lane, Earl, Kam) is going in for surgery this week I'm surprised we were competitive.

I hope to see you guys in Santa Clara next year!

Great game and good luck!

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Great post OP, and those who are being bitter to this posters is little much.

These were the two best teams and this was a great game. The ending was ah so painful but it is what it is.

Now we have to reset and work towards another run.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Congrats to the Pats, they deserve it. They beat us long before it came down to that last play.

If we had won, it would have been a "pulled it off". The LOB should never... NEVER have let it come down to that last play for us.

What's next...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Classy post.

At the end of the day, we were up 10 and Brady dissected us like a ginzu.

Pats earned the win, and that catch by Butler was an all-world play.

With that said, I hope we play you again in L with our team healthy.

Boycie

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1mf8u9b3 said:
I appreciate the fact that Patriots' fans want to believe they earned this win rather than were handed it due to a poor decision to throw the ball on the one-yard line.

Running it from the five-yard line is a lot different than the one-yard line. That was a gimmee for Marshawn.

As far as our defense goes, we were decimated by injuries. Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, and Lane all need surgeries. Our backup CB, Simon, was also playing with a separated shoulder and broken finger. Avril, our best outside pass rusher, was eliminated due to concussion. And despite all that, we would have won the damn game if we had just given it to Beast Mode.

Try being a gracious loser man! The guy came on here to give us props, and build us up.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8x0ehm36 said:

Well if they didn't let go of a 10 point lead they wouldn't have had to make that 1 play at the goal-line in the first place.

So, as usual, it's not just 1 play that cost a team a game.

original poster

Reaction score
Well done to you and your team, we nearly had you :)

Hopefully see you on Feb 7th 2016!