Suck it up!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We had a great season.

We lost by one play.

We got a great team back next year ready to prove something.

Everyone in the NFL, including the Pats, should wish to have our situation going forward.

Let's quit feeling sorry for ourselves.

What's Next?!

/This is mostly for me.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Barthawk":cslavy6m said:
I got your back. Each time I want to feel pity I think of Rick Mirer leading our team

Indeed.

My brother told me yesterday that if someone told him after the Atlanta loss that in the next two seasons the Hawks would be the best team in the NFC, would pound the Broncos in the Super Bowl and lose on a last-minute play to New England in the following Super Bowl he would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.

I believe with all my heart that the Hawks are setting themselves up to be the next New England, with multiple Super Bowl berths and victories.

I'm done feeling sorry about what happened and am instead very excited for the future.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
No offense, but if you told me to "Suck it up" and "Quit feeling sorry for ourselves" today I would probably punch you in the junk and tell you to do the same.

Wait a few months before telling 12's to suck it up and get over it.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":1u16spxn said:
No offense, but if you told me to "Suck it up" and "Quit feeling sorry for ourselves" today I would probably punch you in the junk and tell you to do the same.

LOL I understand how you feel as well as the OP trying to rally himself as some of us. I told Mrs. SuperFreak I wasn't going to wear any gear for a bit not because I'm ashamed of the team or anything but if someone makes a comment I'd probably want to fight them. ( I live in Niner country so you know some loud mouth would pipe up given the chance )

andyh64000

Reaction score
It is incredibly difficult to win a Super Bowl. Until last year we had never done it. I am sure Dan Marino figured he would get many more chances. We are right to be upset.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":4qwkimzy said:

Sure, I understand. No hard feelings.

P.S. I'm a 12 too, been one since 1976.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think it's easier for us old timers to 'suck it up.' Otherwise we wouldn't have stayed with the team so long, and through some awefully lean stretches. If you've been through the valleys before, they are easier to walk. Further, compared to some of the lows i've experienced, back-to-back SB runs are barely a blip on the RADAR.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":287pb9a6 said:
I think it's easier for us old timers to 'suck it up.' Otherwise we wouldn't have stayed with the team so long, and through some awefully lean stretches. If you've been through the valleys before, they are easier to walk. Further, compared to some of the lows i've experienced, back-to-back SB runs are barely a blip on the RADAR.

Seeing moving vans taking the Seahawks to LA was the lowest of the lows for me. I'm so happy they were turned around.

KatarHol

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":7k26b3fc said:

Get over it

TwilightError

Reaction score
Even if the Hawks win it all next season, I cant get ovet it. It is something that will always be missing from this teams legacy. We have the greatest win and the worst loss in super bowl history.

It sure is not "meh" on the emotional side for us 12s.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Different temperaments heal at different speeds. Those who have a lot of melancholy in them will "hang on" to this loss a lot longer. At the opposite end of the spectrum are the sanguines who are just about over it by now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Reaneypark":317o7qqc said:
Let's quit feeling sorry for ourselves.

I hate when fans tell other fans how to feel. If you're ready to move on, then more power to you.....but other fans might not be.

We all deal with this stuff in our own ways. Me? I like to handle soul crushing defeats by drowning as many drifters as I can get my hands on for a good 2-3 months. But that's just me. If you prefer drowning hookers or small woodland animals? Who am I to judge?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1cjfe2hw said:

Agree. Age brings a bit more 'been there, done that, seen that, sh*t can be a lot worse' attitude.

We got that going for us. :D

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm already 95% over the whole thing. Sure, I will feel the sting of that final play for years to come but with this team being in such good hands with such young talent, how can I possibly be that depressed? Sure we were one play away from two back-to-back rings and that will always haunt us, but nothing cures depression like getting back to work and having another great championship year ahead.

Be Like Russ. Focus on What's Next.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Someone on here posted a short video from Wilson's presser following the Atlanta loss two years ago, the part where he smiles and tells reporters that he was so excited and planning for next year as he was walking toward the locker room. He has so much optimism in his voice. At the time (two years ago), I thought he was being a bit naive, but I liked his pluck.

Now, it gives me chills (the good kind) when I see it. For anyone still struggling (all of us), I recommend it - it's a little therapeutic. I can't find it on YouTube.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":cfbzhru0 said:
Sure, I will feel the sting of that final play for years to come

I made a move during the game that I am now very grateful for. After the stupid third down penalty happened that extended that Pats drive, I was turning into "Crazy Bill" and removed myself from the TV and went for a walk. I had it recording on my DVR so I wouldn't miss anything in case we won... I was being way negative and was convinced we were gonna lose, I just was. When I came back the game was over and it was obvious we lost. I just hit "erase" and went to bed. Never saw the interception, and hopefully never will, so it is not burned into my head. I have also insulated myself from all media so well since Sunday that, and I'm being 100% honest here, as of right now, I still don't know the final score. Haven't even heard it by accident. This is how I dealt with it. I was pro-active and avoided having some horrible play seared into my consciousness. And just like XL, I will never watch that game again. I was/am still in some serious mourning, but at least I didn't witness that! Something I didn't want broken would have been broken almost for sure! I know most would say "but then you miss the excitement of it happening live". Well, that's not how it works with me. If we win, then I can enjoy it without all the stress. Kinda like the NFCCG. Watched the ending after I knew we won, and got just as excited and didn't feel cheated at all. God I love DVR's!!

drdiags

Reaction score
One thing so far with Superbowls and the Seahawks, they are either a glorious domination game or head-scratching, gut-wrenching losses. I guess the gut-wrenching part goes without question for any team that makes it to the final game and loses.

It doesn't hurt to have thick-skin and being a meat-head. I guess it is time for Seahawks fans videos to give a few chuckles to other fans. Works both ways.

The entire secondary had major injuries besides maybe Burley. If that Madden crap was so much bunk, they might have me doubting my sanity. Football Gods are devilish. Every team that won in the NFC playoffs leading to and including the Seahawks had some type of unlikely event cost them the next game. Weird.