Free Agent Wish List (your top 6)

BlueBlood

Reaction score
We know we need help on the D Line, WR and at TE. We are also going to need to sign a back up quarterback. This is stricktly a wish list of 6 players that youd love to have period. No reason to over think your choices for salary cap purposes although salary cap talk would be fun as well. I want to do what I can to move on from Sunday and thought maybe this would be a good way to kind of get excited about the prospects. Ive listed my top 6 below and even getting 1 or 2 of these would really excite me. I have not included our own free agents however.

1. Justin Houston
2. Ndamukong Suh
3. Dez Bryant
4. Demarious Thomas
5. Jordan Cameron
6. Nick Fairley

Im sure some of these guys Ive listed would come with tepid applause but Ive weighed ceiling, athletic ability and elite status which I think combined makes all these guys legit wishes. You are welcome to provide a more realistic list as I know this is a pipe dream and in no could we afford all of the guys.

If we could only get 1 or 2 (if even that many) Id be happy with Cameron and Fairley

I dont want to spin the tires on Miller again as I feel his injuries are too much of a liability

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":j1x9orde said:
We know we need help on the D Line, WR and at TE. We are also going to need to sign a back up quarterback. This is stricktly a wish list of 6 players that youd love to have period. No reason to over think your choices for salary cap purposes although salary cap talk would be fun as well. I want to do what I can to move on from Sunday and thought maybe this would be a good way to kind of get excited about the prospects. Ive listed my top 6 below and even getting 1 or 2 of these would really excite me. I have not included our own free agents however.

1. Justin Houston
2. Ndamukong Suh
3. Dez Bryant
4. Demarious Thomas
5. Jordan Cameron
6. Nick Fairley

Im sure some of these guys Ive listed would come with tepid applause but Ive weighed ceiling, athletic ability and elite status which I think combined makes all these guys legit wishes. You are welcome to provide a more realistic list as I know this is a pipe dream and in no could we afford all of the guys.

If we could only get 1 or 2 (if even that many) Id be happy with Cameron and Fairley

I dont want to spin the tires on Miller again as I feel his injuries are too much of a liability

I would love any of the 6, but I also think there is no chance at any of the 6 because of the $.

AirStrike

Reaction score
It would be a miracle for us to afford any of those guys, they're on the wish list of 31 other teams, and handful of those teams have 10+ million more in cap than we do.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The only guy on your list with a shot at hitting the market is Jordan Cameron, and I honestly dont think hes much better than Willson.

I'd love Jason Pierre-Paul or Sheard .. wouldn't mind bringing WT3 back for some much needed depth in the secondary.

Long shots:
Iupati
Julius Thomas
Fitzgerald (if hes cut) or Brandon Marshall (if hes cut)

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1yt472b2 said:
The only guy on your list with a shot at hitting the market is Jordan Cameron, and I honestly dont think hes much better than Willson.

I'd love Jason Pierre-Paul or Sheard .. wouldn't mind bringing WT3 back for some much needed depth in the secondary.

Long shots:
Iupati
Julius Thomas
Fitzgerald (if hes cut) or Brandon Marshall (if hes cut)

Iupati. Ive thought about this and think hed look great on the line.

Thomas is a touchdown machine but how much of that was scheme? Cant argue with this though.

As far as Fitz, hed have to get released but hes made a ton of money and maybe just maybe he wants to get a ring which is there really any better place to go?

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
AirStrike":tmyirwq8 said:
It would be a miracle for us to afford any of those guys, they're on the wish list of 31 other teams, and handful of those teams have 10+ million more in cap than we do.

Of course it would seem that way but Im willing to bet they figure out a way to land someone that you currently believe is out of our league.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Not a FA but I am really thinking if they could somehow get a deal for Vincent Jackson and rework that contract, that would be a good paring for Wilson.

I hope Williams will come back for a season again though more than any of those other options.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I think we only have a chance at Nick Fairley, because of his bad rep. We could resurrect his career for cheap ... (like Avril). But, he needs a baby sitter.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Everyone outside of Seattle hates our team, might as well pick up Ndamukong Suh add to the hatred and talent.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
DT or Larry Fitz would be nice. I love Dez' talent, but we all saw what happened with Percy, don't need another head case on the team, although MAYBE just MAYBE he'd work okay cus of his relationship with Sherman.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
This isn't madden. Not a single guy listed will be signed. We will likely try to keep our own and draft for need.

crosfam

Reaction score
Revis for the other corner would be fun.

Seriously, we will be lucky to sign and extend our guys. Any free agents will be diamonds I the rough like Mathews, or vets taking a discount for a last shot at a ring. Draft picks from last year and 2015 will be the difference. our depth was less of an advantage this year for sure.

Could use a veteran tackle if Okung leaves.

I know it is hard to fathom, but 50-50 that Turbin/Michael is the running game next year. We can win with that if the defense is stout and deep, and Russell is just a bit improved as we can expect in year 4.

2_0_6

Reaction score
You cant have a steak dinner on a top ramen budget, so these are my ideas for impact players for less $$$...

WR:Jeremy Maclin

O-Line (if Carpenter leaves):
Orlando Franklin

D-Line (if Kevin Williams retires):
BJ Raji

TE (if Miller leaves):
Charles Clay

Back up QB (If T-jack leaves):
Jake Locker

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Unlike the thread starter, I'll post realistic free agents.

Kenny Britt
Wes Welker
Dwayne Harris (could fill the void at punt and kick returner)
Charles Clay (ton of upside)
JPP
Sheard
Tramon Williams

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":28gq0tmc said:
You cant have a steak dinner on a top ramen budget, so these are my ideas for impact players for less $$$...

WR:Jeremy Maclin

O-Line (if Carpenter leaves):
Orlando Franklin

D-Line (if Kevin Williams retires):
BJ Raji

TE (if Miller leaves):
Charles Clay

Back up QB (If T-jack leaves):
Jake Locker

I like it

hawknation2015

Reaction score
If they can't re-sign Maxwell, as expected, then it might be worth it to pay Walter Thurmond a couple million dollars on a one-year "prove it" deal. He should be fully recovered from his injury, suffered last September, by the start of training camp.

Other positions they may want to look at in addition to CB:
WR, G, DT, OT, DE, TE

kf3339

Reaction score
A new OC
A new OC
A new OC
A new OC
A new OC
A new OC

For those wondering I'm referring to an offensive coordinator, not a center.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":34fagn92 said:
Unlike the thread starter, I'll post realistic free agents.

Kenny Britt
Wes Welker
Dwayne Harris (could fill the void at punt and kick returner)
Charles Clay (ton of upside)
JPP
Sheard
Tramon Williams

Mine were wishful, admittedly..

I like Britt and always have.. He would be great in this offense if healthy.

Clay and Harris too.. The rest no