Super Bowl XXXIV and XLIX

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Both came down the final 1 yard/one play away from a different ending.

Rex

Reaction score
Big difference is XXXIV was as time ran out. It remains the most exciting Super Bowl ever.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rex":12opfrpm said:
Big difference is XXXIV was as time ran out. It remains the most exciting Super Bowl ever.

This one was better because of the elite coaching matchup, but I can certainly understand why a Rams' fan would prefer the other one.

Rex

Reaction score
hawknation2015":v9s1oivm said:
Rex":v9s1oivm said:

This one was better because of the elite coaching matchup, but I can certainly understand why a Rams' fan would prefer the other one.

Only thing elite about Belicheat is his cheating. Can't imagine anyone watching a Super Bowl because of the head coaches. What made XXXIV the most exciting (meaning ending) was the entire final drive with catch and tackle made as time ran out with Dyson reaching for the goal line.

Too much time was left when RW threw the INT. Now if Kearse had made that amazing catch and got in for the TD as time ran out, then sure. Or if Kearse made the catch and only enough time remained to get off one play and the TD was made, then sure. But for sheer excitement at the end it has to be XXXIV. Seahawks were walking dead for the last minute of this game which was anything but exciting in my opinion.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Difference I see in these two SB.

XXXIV last minute dive as time ran out would have just TIED the game.(pending xtra point)

XLIX Would have been for the WIN-

I think our SB was more exciting

Rex

Reaction score
DynoHawk":3a3vxa3q said:
Difference I see in these two SB.

XXXIV last minute dive as time ran out would have just TIED the game.(pending xtra point)

XLIX Would have been for the WIN-

I think our SB was more exciting

THE TACKLE did preserve the Rams win. As time ran out too. We'll have to disagree.