Wilson as a product of Lynch media spin

Hyak

Reaction score
The media loves to point out that Wilson is the face of the franchise but Lynch is the heart and soul of it. Add in that some love to label RW as a pure game manager with minimal impact on the game inferring that most QB's could be as effective with Lynch and that defense and that RW would be mediocre at best without those components.

RW is not perfect. He has areas to improve without a doubt and there always will be some limitations in terms of his game due to being 5'11". At the same time, it's hard to find a better resume in the first 3 years than what this guy has produced in terms of QB numbers (efficiency not necessarily pass yards/pass TD's since the Seahawks attempt fewer passes than any other team).

I get that he comes across as robotic in interviews and I do think some are put off by his religious stuff. Even I wonder if he comes across as too goody two shoes at times although I think you can make the same comments about many of the top QB's. It goes with the territory of being the face of the team.

Lynch is a great back. I love his game in how hard and punishing he is but also in how he's an excellent receiver too. I honestly think he can have 2 or 3 more good years before father time starts to win, making an extension more reasonable.

Let's suppose we flip the question. Lynch without Wilson wasn't the same impactful guy either.

Lynch w/o RW (2007-2011) - 72 games (0 winning seasons, 1 playoff team)
1137 carries for 4542 yards (4.0 YPC), 35 TD; 143 catches for 1020 yards (7.1 YPR), 2 TD, 77 yards/game total offense

Lynch w/RW (2012-2014) - 48 games (3 winning seasons/playoff teams, 2 SB's, 1 SB win)
896 carries for 4153 yards (4.6 YPC), 36 TD; 96 catches for 879 yards (9.2 YPR), 7 TD, 105 yards/game total offense

In reality, these players likely bring out the best in each other and for how Seattle wants to play. Hopefully the team can resolve the contracts to ensure these two have a few more seasons together while the team is setup to contend for it all.

AVL

Reaction score
We have some great problems.Most teams would gladly trade problems straight up.

I fully agree with the Wilson Lynch relationship. Montee Ball had his career year with Wilson at Wisconsin.

I think something will work out with those two if Lynch doesn't hang it up.

Latest posts