What would the reaction have been if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyak

Reaction score
the second down play call was a run to Lynch that was:

1. Stuffed for a loss?

or

2. A fumble by Lynch recovered by NE

I would be willing to bet there would be plenty of people screaming about how predictable the play call was or why we didn't let RW handle the ball.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
JTB":2szlruep said:
the second down play call was a run to Lynch that was:

1. Stuffed for a loss?

or

2. A fumble by Lynch recovered by NE

I would be willing to bet there would be plenty of people screaming about how predictable the play call was or why we didn't let RW handle the ball.

There are 200 threads about this . . . and no, most rational fans would not have faulted the coaches for giving the ball to Lynch on the one-yard line, regardless of the result.

soxhawk

Reaction score
There would've been backlash, but those are both higher percentage plays than throwing into the heart of the defense. We tried to catch them off guard, but instead they caught us off guard. Have to give the Patriots some credit here for making the play. We'll be back.

djb28

Reaction score
I didn't mind that it was a pass play, It was the play selected that bothered me. Why aren't you throwing to the off shoulder back side end zone? I realize they were well prepared for the run but come on.I see in my mind Walter Payton flying over the pile regardless of the odds!

soxhawk

Reaction score
djb28":u7xrudcn said:
I didn't mind that it was a pass play, It was the play selected that bothered me. Why aren't you throwing to the off shoulder back side end zone? I realize they were well prepared for the run but come on.I see in my mind Walter Payton flying over the pile regardless of the odds!

To me, the play was the same as a run play down the middtle. We threw it down the middle where all their players were. That's what bothers me. If we at least tried to get it to Willson or Moeaki in the corner, it would've been less chance of a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.