Has Anyone Else Just Kind Of Shut Down Their Sports Viewing?

Playmaker21

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you 12's, but I shut off my television right after Tom Brady took a knee on the last play and have not really turned it back on since. I did not want to see the Cheatriots getting all the glory. I have not turned on ESPN or any other sports network. I have not visited any sports websites (other than this) and have not listened to any sports radio. I made the decision to shut it down for about 3 weeks, as far as NFL goes, until the NFL Scouting Combine starts on Saturday February 21. I am upset at the play call. I am upset at the poor officiating across the NFL. I am upset at the poor leadership from Rodger Goodell. And I am upset at the Patriots constantly bending and/or breaking the rules.

Am I the only one that has shut it down when it comes to the sports world since Sunday night?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Nope.

About the only sports site I come to now is here, don't even look at ESPN,etc., or local news much either now.

Going to take awhile to get over this, I think it's normal. I mean c'mon that was a brutal way to lose a SB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We turned the channel as soon as Brady took the final knee. None of us were about to sit through the red, white and blue ticker tape and celebration. I've watched little snippets of NFL Network and NFL Primetime but that's been it. I am pretty much done with any NFL/Seahawks-related TV until training camp. I need to decompress, de-depress, and focus on other important areas of my life.

JonRud

Reaction score
I have not turned on any sports this week. I am only listening to Seattle sports radio because misery loves company. Nothing else.

Rainger

Reaction score
I logged on specifically to reply to this post. I agree with what you have said and it is how I feel to a T. I have even limited my .Net viewing but I have done just like you. I have not watched any sports shows, I used to listen to 710 all day every day. I have not listened since the game. I used to go to all the sports web sites daily. I have deleted all the links and have not looked at a single site.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head. I have just lost all feelings in regards to football. I will start getting back into the Mariners and I probably wont get back into football until August. This is the first time I have felt like this in 43 years of watching football.

I just cant take the sports media any more. I just cant take stupid rules and all the social re engineering. I just cant take the NFL anymore. It took a catastrophe like that last Hawk play for me to implode. I thought I was the only one but your post hit home. I am with you BRO.

White Devil

Reaction score
It's tough when you work from home to avoid everything, but I'm doing the best I can.

So now I have to watch Maury and Cheater's...how far my life has fallen.

This one hurts. Not the loss, but how it happened. Unbelievable. Still. I may need to seek professional help.

:les:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'm ahead of the game. I haven't had access to the ESPN network for 7 years. Don't have NFL network. Don't watch TV except for actual games. Makes it easy to avoid the noise.

I will cop to not checking out the NFL sections of the various sports sites, though. Just need to decompress from the last couple of years of football.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
YES
been not wanting to watch ANY TV.
Helps that my mom is sick and I'm helping her 99% of my not at work time.

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty much. I've been around here a bit, but haven't turned on any of the national sports media since then.

Screw it. I don't need to watch highlights, especially when everybody will be slobbering on Brady's knob. :pukeface:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1otq7pxh said:
We turned the channel as soon as Brady took the final knee. None of us were about to sit through the red, white and blue ticker tape and celebration. I've watched little snippets of NFL Network and NFL Primetime but that's been it. I am pretty much done with any NFL/Seahawks-related TV until training camp. I need to decompress, de-depress, and focus on other important areas of my life.

Same here.....well it might have been just before. I just know I didn't see one second of celebration or post game show. I turned off the tv and dumped my drink down the sink and began cleaning up the food and dishes from the viewing party and everyone went home. I did have to fast forward through some of the crap to get to the Blacklist later that evening. I haven't tuned in to any sports channels on the tv at all. I did listen to a little sports radio this morning on the way to work, but not for too long.

I also saved the actual game on my DVR and I'll watch it again sometime, but not yet....not for awhile. Maybe after the draft.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I watched snippets of PTI and Around the Horn - since they are mostly soundbites and not endless replays. Other than that, I'm sticking to Softy Mahler and that's it.

acbass

Reaction score
Yeah, I have completely shut it down too. Leading into the Super Bowl I was listening to ESPN Radio all day. I listened to the podcast and watched some shows. After Brady took the knee... Not a thing. I've been binging on Simpsons episodes and focusing on that whole law school thing I'm supposedly doing. I still need a little while. Haha

TheHawkster

Reaction score
We walked out of our party in Vegas and congratulated about 200 patriot fans walking down the street.
Got home last night and still haven't seen a damn thing.
Heard a lot of bitchin though. Reading a lot online.

Full disclosure.
I counted the d-linemen, turned to my buddy and called a pass.
It was the only thing that didn't make me go off the deep end.

Hyak

Reaction score
I have not. Really this site is my solitude right now in terms of Hawk related stuff.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Yeah, I only come here but far less than normal..

lobohawk

Reaction score
Yup. Shut down other than here and a little of 710. Couldn't stand seeing anything on TV.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm the same. Haven't watched the broadcast footage yet and haven't listened to any radio or TV at all.

The Scouting Combine is in 2 weeks so I'm sure I'll start watching stuff again then, so long as it is looking forwards rather than backwards.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Same. I didn't even see the fight. Usually watch a 20 min or so of NFL AM before heading to work and usually hit the NFL channel as soon as I get home. I'm just sick of hearing all the second guessing, the made up controversy, all of it. Tuned it out.