Where was Russell Wilson Yesterday?

ivotuk

Reaction score
"2 days after the lowest point in his career, Russell Wilson visits the Seattle Children's Hospital, like he does every single Tuesday."

I Love our Quarterback, he is grounded in reality. While I'm wallowing in sorrow over a Superbowl loss, he's bringing joy to children who may never see another Superbowl.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2 ... is_career/

Rob12

Reaction score
I just posted something similar to this... Awesome, isn't it? We have an amazing leader, and I believe that greater is coming.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
this really put things into perspective doesn't it
I love our leader and see huge things for us in the future.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I heard that his SB QB rating was over 140!! I imagine that it still hurts to loose, however. It is a sign of emotional maturity to not get "too high or too low" emotionally. I'm encouraged that he did not have a "pity party".

KatarHol

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":o83tre40 said:
I heard that his SB QB rating was over 140!! I imagine that it still hurts to loose, however. It is a sign of emotional maturity to not get "too high or too low" emotionally. I'm encouraged that he did not have a "pity party".
It was at 140 before the final throw. Wound up at 110. Brady was around 100

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ I like Wilson, but his QB rating was kinda Tebow-ish for the game.

He had a few huge chunk plays (off of a circus catch and two jump balls) but overall I think it was actually a pretty mediocre day for him.

(and I'm saying this within the context of also not blaming him for that last interception, which was just an amazing defensive play and not his fault, IMO).

Bobblehead

Reaction score
A tail of two players

And one is still planning his next poop dance.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2h8h7tcw said:

He had a few huge chunk plays (off of a circus catch and two jump balls) but overall I think it was actually a pretty mediocre day for him.

(and I'm saying this within the context of also not blaming him for that last interception, which was just an amazing defensive play and not his fault, IMO).

I thought it was higher than Brady's.. no?

lobohawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":12ov0gns said:

Other than the circus catch he was dropping those onto his receivers. Sure some were high, because he knew his rec was taller, but they weren't exactly "jump balls". A jump ball is a 50-50 ball you hope your rec can win on. The only throw he was really off on I can remember, discounting the last, was to Lynch.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Oh please, never saw a Tebow throw to a guy on a fade like the one that hit Kearse in the hands only to be dropped. I have no ill will toward any of you guys but hilarious to think that this was a poor performance from Russ. Kearse catches that, holy moly.

I wish we would of hit a few TE routes though. :(

Popeyejones

Reaction score
lobohawk":3gwjkxqp said:
Popeyejones":3gwjkxqp said:

Other than the circus catch he was dropping those onto his receivers. Sure some were high, because he knew his rec was taller, but they weren't exactly "jump balls". A jump ball is a 50-50 ball you hope your rec can win on. The only throw he was really off on I can remember, discounting the last, was to Lynch.

I'm mostly thinking the two big Matthews receptions, which were good throws, but were jump balls that Matthews won. Then with the Kearse circus catch were up to 50% of Wilson's passing yards on the entire day in those three plays.

My Tebow reference was to the playoff game against Pitt where Tebow went 10/21 (rather than Wilson's 12/21) for 316 yards and 2 tds (rather than Wilson's 250 yards 2 tds and a pick) which looked amazing in terms of his QB rating, but it was kind of deceptive, because it all came on a few huge chunk plays (which were well thrown balls, just like Wilson's, but were chunk plays) and beyond that Tebow was mostly ineffective.

I mean, until 4 minutes left in the first half through the ground and air Wilson had contributed 8 total yards.

I just think the stats are kind of deceptive, and ultimately, it wasn't that great of a day for him.

I'm not knocking the guy, I just don't think he had nearly as good of a day as the stats make it look. It doesn't mean he's not a very good QB.

brettb3

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3m6w0tqb said:
lobohawk":3m6w0tqb said:
Popeyejones":3m6w0tqb said:

I'm mostly thinking the two big Matthews receptions, which were good throws, but were jump balls that Matthews won. Then with the Kearse circus catch were up to 50% of Wilson's passing yards on the entire day in those three plays.

My Tebow reference was to the playoff game against Pitt where Tebow went 10/21 (rather than Wilson's 12/21) for 316 yards and 2 tds (rather than Wilson's 250 yards 2 tds and a pick) which looked amazing in terms of his QB rating, but it was kind of deceptive, because it all came on a few huge chunk plays (which were well thrown balls, just like Wilson's, but were chunk plays) and beyond that Tebow was mostly ineffective.

I mean, until 4 minutes left in the first half through the ground and air Wilson had contributed 8 total yards.

I just think the stats are kind of deceptive, and ultimately, it wasn't that great of a day for him.

I'm not knocking the guy, I just don't think he had nearly as good of a day as the stats make it look. It doesn't mean he's not a very good QB.
Wilson was fantastic until the final play. Nobody was open in the first quarter.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1vv76i3e said:

Let's stay on topic please.

I swear, nobody here reads the rules, or if they do, they just ignore them.

You can find the forum rules here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20981

** Thread Hijacking **

Please make an effort to stay on topic in every thread, regardless of forum.

If you want to branch out and talk about a different topic, please do so in a new thread!

We realize that some threads will evolve and change, but do not jump into a topic and change the course of the thread!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
brettb3":1zlgo0g8 said:
Wilson was fantastic until the final play. Nobody was open in the first quarter.

Ehh, I think Wilson made a great throw on the final play of that drive. Butler just made an even better play.

Also, regardless of team, "nobody was open" is how fans who love their QB explain away their QB's mediocre days. heck, fully half of Wilson's yards on a good *statistical* day came from exceptional plays by his receivers. I just don't buy the "nobody was open" argument, and I'm pretty used to it, being a 9ers fan and all.

If anything I think Hawks fans should feel lucky that they don't have to lean on the "nobody was open" schtick nearly as much as 9ers fans do. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":8owih86m said:
We realize that some threads will evolve and change, but do not jump into a topic and change the course of the thread![/i]

Happy to stop posting on the topic (I've said everything I have to say on it), but I responded to a series of posts about Wilson's QB rating on the day with my own thoughts on Wilson's qb rating on the day.

Hijacking would have been if I brought up Wilson's QB rating on the day in a thread in which it wasn't being discussed, no?

In any case, I disagree with the hijacking label, but have no problem ending my posting on the QB rating as it relates to play with this post. :th2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1lo2a77y said:
ivotuk":1lo2a77y said:
We realize that some threads will evolve and change, but do not jump into a topic and change the course of the thread![/i]

Happy to stop posting on the topic (I've said everything I have to say on it), but I responded to a series of posts about Wilson's QB rating on the day with my own thoughts on Wilson's qb rating on the day.

Hijacking would have been if I brought up Wilson's QB rating on the day in a thread in which it wasn't being discussed, no?

In any case, I disagree with the hijacking label, but have no problem ending my posting on the QB rating as it relates to play with this post. :th2thumbs:
As you should, because you are arguing against the actual stats and using your own opinion to back up your non-stats theory.

brettb3

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14ukrxkh said:
brettb3":14ukrxkh said:

Ehh, I think Wilson made a great throw on the final play of that drive. Butler just made an even better play.

Also, regardless of team, "nobody was open" is how fans who love their QB explain away their QB's mediocre days. heck, fully half of Wilson's yards on a good *statistical* day came from exceptional plays by his receivers. I just don't buy the "nobody was open" argument, and I'm pretty used to it, being a 9ers fan and all.

If anything I think Hawks fans should feel lucky that they don't have to lean on the "nobody was open" schtick nearly as much as 9ers fans do. :lol:
You can choose not to believe it all you want. I've actually seen the all-22. It's the truth.

As for the plays to Matthews, yes he did make great plays to catch those balls. But he was also well covered. Wilson had to put the ball where only he could get it.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
ivotuk":p7z939bi said:
"2 days after the lowest point in his career, Russell Wilson visits the Seattle Children's Hospital, like he does every single Tuesday."

I Love our Quarterback, he is grounded in reality. While I'm wallowing in sorrow over a Superbowl loss, he's bringing joy to children who may never see another Superbowl.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2 ... is_career/

Class act A all the way , people we have to remember he is still developing , he will be a hall of famer on day and is going to win his share of super bowls with Seattle.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Of course its business as usual for Russell Wilson, he's going to inherit fort knox when he signs this offseason.. why should he be discouraged

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
We've got the best young QB in the game. It was really the only salve I had after the loss. We'll be fine, and Russ will lead us to more great memories going forward.