Marquand Manuel joining Quinn as ATL DB coach

kidhawk

Reaction score
Makes sense....didn't he spend a season working with Quinn in Florida as well as here?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Good for Manuel. Always liked that guy, and glad to see him moving up the coaching ranks.

In a related note, I'd really like to hear anything about us going through the process of interviewing/determining who our new DC will be.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
The assumption seems to be Kris Richard but I also wonder if a guy like Schwartz may be considered for DC. His preferred defense is very aligned with Pete's and he has produced some very good defenses when he had talent.

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3fmq0uis said:
Good for Manuel. Always liked that guy, and glad to see him moving up the coaching ranks.

In a related note, I'd really like to hear anything about us going through the process of interviewing/determining who our new DC will be.

Pete was asked yesterday and refused to answer. I'm willing to wager that he already knows what he plans to do (likely Richard) but with his "always compete" mantra, he may well look at other possible candidates to be sure he's hiring the best person for the job. I doubt it will be too long before we have an announcement.

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1dk99wow said:
Hawks wanted him back, so it's not a loss to just shrug off.

He might have been a guy Pete had in mind to coach our secondary.

The Seahawks tried hard Tuesday evening to keep Manuel, according to the source. Now, it appears Manuel joining the Falcons is inevitable.

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-fal...ion-to-interview-marquand-manuel-for-db-coach

Then maybe Pete should get off his duff and hire a DC so there is no more uncertainty and they can work on locking up a staff of their own.

hawknation2015

Reaction score

brettb3

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
Marquand was steller for us, taught the guys what it means to be a professional and a lot of technique at Safety, big loss.