We need one of the Thomas fellas from Denver

Rob12

Reaction score
I think there's going to be some surprising and painful cuts this offseason to clear room to get us a truly elite talent in the passing game.

Agree? Disagree? Who do you want to help Russ out?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think we would have to trade for a WR. What free agent WR would want to sign up to be in our Offense?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'd love LOVE D. Thomas, it's a pipe dream though. He's on par with Megatron IMO.

marko358

Reaction score
HawkFan72":260r221y said:
I think we would have to trade for a WR. What free agent WR would want to sign up to be in our Offense?
One that would like a ring?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Both would be too expensive. I like the idea of trying to develop who we have now. Hopefully Paul Rich will be ready for training camp.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think it a lot of it depends on whether Lynch is here next year. If he is I think you will see the same receivers, maybe a FA pickup but not a #1 or even #2, and another receiver and TE in the draft. Even if he is gone I don't see them making a big FA splash. I still think Vincent Jackson for a mid round pick makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Demariyus is awesome but probably way too expensive. I think Randall Cobb would be a perfect fit here, but he's probably too expensive as well. Also, as was said above, attracting any WR who cares about personal statistical achievements will be really tough for the Seahawks.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Rob12":e6wapapd said:
I think there's going to be some surprising and painful cuts this offseason to clear room to get us a truly elite talent in the passing game.

Agree? Disagree? Who do you want to help Russ out?

Disagree. I would be really surprised if the FO went after a big ticket FA at all this offseason, especially at the WR position. Not to suggest that they'll feel burned by the Harvin debacle, but I think our best bet is going to be moving around in the draft to get a receiving option we can groom.

Hyak

Reaction score
Julian Thomas is way more likely of the two - plays TE and we know Schneider liked him as he proposed a Harvin for Thomas swap.

That being said, I just don't see them spending big on someone from outside assuming that Lynch is still here. If Beast Mode leaves either via a release, trade, or retirement, they may re-evaluate the offense some although I really doubt it even then.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There's no way in hell Demaryius hits the market.

Julius is a possibility, but I don't know if JS ponies up the cash that would be necessary to lure him over here.

Reaction score
12thbrah":a5bi77ob said:
both would be too expensive. I like the idea of trying to develop who we have now. Hopefully Paul Rich will be ready for training camp.

He will be lucky to even PLAY next year. He tore his ACL in January.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Will be lucky if he ever plays again, unfortunately.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we do make a splash. Pete has a history of trying to fix a perceived weakness although its a small sample size. I think he finds a way to bring in a guy or two and I wouldn't rule out a trade/free agent signing like a VJax, Cobb etc. It's even more likely with Richardson not being a likely option for next year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Coming out of that system, those guys' values are going to extremely over-inflated. The key is to find hidden value somewhere, as Denver did Emmanuel Sanders (who was previously Pittsburgh's version of Doug Baldwin) and Detroit did with Golden Tate. The mistake would be to pay an extreme premium for good players who put up gaudy system numbers, e.g. Housh, Branch.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
12thbrah":359tacp1 said:
both would be too expensive. I like the idea of trying to develop who we have now. Hopefully Paul Rich will be ready for training camp.

hahha dude is tiny and i think had his ACL torn about 3 times in his football career.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
12thbrah":25jkcfnj said:

I really don't see how we go into next season with this group of wideouts. I love Richardson, and believe he will be back, but dude shredded his ACL for the second time. Matthews is enticing.

Again, I think if we ignore the position and just "develop" our guys, we'll regret it. Russ needs a LEGIT weapon in the passing game... Someone who is proven.

Ranker777

Reaction score
12thbrah":2coy0tg7 said:

No possible way that Richardson will be ready by training camp. It is more likely he misses all of 2015.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
JTB":2aqzd2sb said:
Julian Thomas is way more likely of the two - plays TE and we know Schneider liked him as he proposed a Harvin for Thomas swap.

That being said, I just don't see them spending big on someone from outside assuming that Lynch is still here. If Beast Mode leaves either via a release, trade, or retirement, they may re-evaluate the offense some although I really doubt it even then.

If we're minus Lynch and have the same receivers next year I don't see how our offense isn't dicked.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2co3x72l said:
Coming out of that system, those guys' values are going to extremely over-inflated. The key is to find hidden value somewhere, as Denver did Emmanuel Sanders (who was previously Pittsburgh's version of Doug Baldwin) and Detroit did with Golden Tate. The mistake would be to pay an extreme premium for good players who put up gaudy system numbers, e.g. Housh, Branch.

Definitely agree with this.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Julius Thomas can't block. Simple as that.

If you want to pay top dollar for a great pass catching tight end who can't block worth a Doug Baldwin crap, then Julius Thomas is your man.