Belichick defends Coach Carroll and " The Call "

SuperFreak

Reaction score
"There has been a lot of criticism that I don't think is anywhere close to being deserved or founded," Belichick said on WEEI, via ESPN.com. "That football team is very good, very well-coached, and Pete does a great job.

"Malcolm and Brandon [Browner], on that particular play, just made a great play. I think the criticism they've gotten for the game is totally out of line and by a lot of people who I don't think are anywhere near even qualified to be commenting on it."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 23435.html

marko358

Reaction score
I'd defend that garbage call too if it resulted in my team winning it all.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I like how that page also has an article with Wilson being one of the top 10 worst QB's to win a Superbowl

ivotuk

Reaction score
SuperFreak":3k40w3y7 said:
"There has been a lot of criticism that I don't think is anywhere close to being deserved or founded," Belichick said on WEEI, via ESPN.com. "That football team is very good, very well-coached, and Pete does a great job.

"Malcolm and Brandon [Browner], on that particular play, just made a great play.

I think the criticism they've gotten for the game is totally out of line and by a lot of people who I don't think are anywhere near even qualified to be commenting on it."

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3ehqbqhp said:
I like how that page also has an article with Wilson being one of the top 10 worst QB's to win a Superbowl

Dang Yahoo! Sports. The whole world's against you guys.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
BillBelichick":35hglmdj said:
Mike 4G":35hglmdj said:

Just go away.

Exploding

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2aflv39s said:
BillBelichick":2aflv39s said:
Mike 4G":2aflv39s said:

Just go away.

He's got a point. Who cares? We're a top flight team that was one amazing play away from being repeat champs. The inferiority complex we collectively display is kind of at odds with our reality.

swagcity21

Reaction score
I've said in another thread. The call wasn't a "bad" call. The play was a bad play for that call. Honestly as a coach I can see making that call. However, If you wanted to keep the clock running you run a boot leg to run a little more clock down and have RW Slide to the ground if the pass was not open.

We can all play MMQB after a call like that. it is what is and we move the best we can. I personally can't wait for the season to see how this affects our team and to see if it unleashes another level of competition that we have yet to see.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cool, PatsyChick and Bevell think alike. Nuff said... duher, duher! [EYES]

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Exploding":yre2ikhq said:
Seahwkgal":yre2ikhq said:
BillBelichick":yre2ikhq said:
Mike 4G":yre2ikhq said:

Just go away.

He's got a point. Who cares? We're a top flight team that was one amazing play away from being repeat champs. The inferiority complex we collectively display is kind of at odds with our reality.
If you had said that, fine. You are a Hawk fan. He's not. He needs to just go away and spend time with his Patriot fans on their board. SB is over.

A

Anonymous

I thought it was a good call as well. It was just a fantastic play by both Butler and Browner.

Let's take another look at it.

Lets not, and since this was a total troll effort in the main forums on top of your multiple posts in the Smack Shack your out of here........................

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
new_day":1jcvzym9 said:
I thought it was a good call as well. It was just a fantastic play by both Butler and Browner.

Lets not, and since this was a total troll effort in the main forums on top of your multiple posts in the Smack Shack your out of here........................
Buh bye.......
Nice work Chris. :th2thumbs:

nanomoz

Reaction score
And he kept a straight face the entire time? Impressive.

Belicheck gambled that he could get Bevell to get cute and it paid off. /fullstop

A

Anonymous

Sports Hernia":3fr22zmx said:
new_day":3fr22zmx said:

Buh bye.......
Nice work Chris. :th2thumbs:

Uhhh, ahem!

:roll:

captSE

Reaction score
I would agree with Bilichick but would add that the Browner and Bulter happenstance (especially Butler) was a bit of a defensive miracle as much as they would like to say they trained for that play before. For that ball to pass through Locketts extended arms , and, Butler catching it in a mili-second later that DOES not allow for Malcomn Butler thinking that catch through WAS A MIRACLE!! But, I accept that.
Again, I know they can train for that play but to say that Malcomn Butler would get around Browner and be there at the exact time AND to figure on the ball going through Locketts arms cannot be practiced.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
1. I don't need Belicheat to defend anything, least of which my team.

2. He's defending a fellow coach, so of course he's going to say the right thing when asked a question like this. So I put zero stock in what he says publicly.

All we needed to hear is the Patriot's ENTIRE team saying after the game "oh man, we all thought they'd give the ball to Lynch!"

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Exploding":jbcqgw1b said:

I agree with Exploding - great organization, two Super Bowl appearances and one championship in two years. I just think it's unbelievable some of you guys still have to project this whole "us against the world" thing. You guys are the elite now, no one is doubting you.

I like it here, most of you are knowledgeable and welcoming, and I'm willing to deal with those that aren't because I enjoy the content and conversation.

I think there's a real chance our teams will be seeing each other again very soon.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Old habits die hard. We had a legitimate "no respect" card for oh, about 35 years or so.

We've seen it the last couple of years. Some Seahawks fans are bitching that we get no respect, or that such and such analyst picked against us (gasp !), or so and so's an idiot because they didn't say we are a dynasty, while fans of other teams are bitching that all the media does is slobber over the Hawks. It's a perspective thing, probably what you went through if you were a Pats fan before 2001. Before that, your claim to fame was getting destroyed in the SB by one of the most dominant defenses ever, the 85 Bears.

By the way, stick around. Some of us like hearing from a different fan base's perspective, especially when said fans are knowledgable. I don't think it means you have to kiss our ass, either. :th2thumbs:

PackerNation

Reaction score
Hawks46":6xj841z6 said:
Old habits die hard. We had a legitimate "no respect" card for oh, about 35 years or so.

We've seen it the last couple of years. Some Seahawks fans are bitching that we get no respect, or that such and such analyst picked against us (gasp !), or so and so's an idiot because they didn't say we are a dynasty, while fans of other teams are bitching that all the media does is slobber over the Hawks. It's a perspective thing, probably what you went through if you were a Pats fan before 2001. Before that, your claim to fame was getting destroyed in the SB by one of the most dominant defenses ever, the 85 Bears.

By the way, stick around. Some of us like hearing from a different fan base's perspective, especially when said fans are knowledgable. I don't think it means you have to kiss our ass, either. :th2thumbs:

There are several teams in the NFL that everyone wants to beat. The Seahawks are one of them. I call that respect.