20 Years From Now

QuahHawk

Reaction score
How do we feel about this game? Does the average NFL fan remember this Super Bowl as one of the greatest ever? Does anyone care about Seattle blowing out Denver? I think in 20 years the game we just witnessed will still be talked about.

Crizilla

Reaction score
nobody will forget. That's obvious

it was a championship saving play he made. You remember walk off home runs that win titles, last second shots that win titles, and last second catches/interceptions that win titles

it's unfortunate we are one the bad end of it. But we have more chances in the future to be on the good end. You win some you lose some. Just 2 weeks ago we were on the good end

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If Lockette catches the pass, 20 years later would be remembered as one of the most exciting SBs ever.

But because of what we all saw, it will be remembered as one of the worst playcalls in SB history.

It is what it is.

Just hope the Hawks pull it off next year, and it'll be about how the Hawks COULD have three-Pete'd, but it won't look quite as bad.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
20 years from now I will still hate Bevell.

Or at least feel the urge to spit on the ground when someone mentions his name.

I am hopeful that he wears this loss like an albatross across his neck, because it IS his loss. And Seattle should hold him to blame as the key and almost only reason we lost a winnable game.

The Bevell name needs to go down in Seattle with a mixture of disdain and castigation - and to Bevell something should be the worst invective you can visit on a Seattle native.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
That was our Bill Buckner......it will always be remembered.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We remember it as bummer man.
The rest of the country will remember it as Choker

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1mqe6npf said:

I am hopeful that he wears this loss like an albatross across his neck, because it IS his loss. And Seattle should hold him to blame as the key and almost only reason we lost a winnable game.

The Bevell name needs to go down in Seattle with a mixture of disdain and castigation - and to Bevell something should be the worst invective you can visit on a Seattle native.

THIS.

He deserves the Roy Munson treatment.

Half the reason I keep checking here this week is to see if he's been fired yet (I'm also curious about the Ken Norton Jr. to the Raiders rumor)...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":2lmx7e7n said:
TwistedHusky":2lmx7e7n said:

THIS.

Half the reason I keep checking here this week is to see if he's been fired yet (I'm also curious about the Ken Norton Jr. to the Raiders rumor)...
That's what I'm hoping every time I log on. I love Paul Allen because he lets his football people make football decisions, but just this one time, I'd wish he butt in and call a meeting with Bevell to tell him his services are no longer needed and to wish him luck on his future endeavors. Then get back to being the wonderful hand off owner he is.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18yjl1yq said:
seaNOmercy":18yjl1yq said:
TwistedHusky":18yjl1yq said:

THIS.

That's what I'm hoping every time I log on. I love Paul Allen because he lets his football people make football decisions, but just this one time, I'd wish he butt in and call a meeting with Bevell to tell him his services are no longer needed and to wish him luck on his future endeavors. Then get back to being the wonderful hand off owner he is.

Thats all fun and well.. but who do you hire in his place?

crosfam

Reaction score
We will be like the Washington teams (who wear Burgundy and Yellow) that beat the Dolphins in 83, got blown out by the Raiders in 84, beat Denver in 88 and then the Bills in 92. Sustained competitiveness and greatness over less than a decade. Maybe Bevell takes over for Pete and wins the last one. Who knows. It could happen.