Don't poke the bear LeGarrette

Wizofwest

Reaction score
How many have seen this article? Changing BeastMode to B!tchMode. While we lost and have to take this kind of stuff, the fire within me that would be created would be enormous. Be careful people, we are still the most talented young team in the NFL. Not that we need motivation, but I doubt this is something I would do.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... lgar-shirt

Go Hawks!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wizofwest":28fskjxw said:
How many have seen this article? Changing BeastMode to B!tchMode. While we lost and have to take this kind of stuff, the fire within me that would be created would be enormous. Be careful people, we are still the most talented young team in the NFL. Not that we need motivation, but I doubt this is something I would do.

Go Hawks!

It's been over a decade, so I suppose the Patriots have forgotten how to carry themselves like champs.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Yawn. The bear can go into hibernation and come see us in 12 months at the minimum.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":rsbki48q said:
Wizofwest":rsbki48q said:

Go Hawks!

It's been over a decade, so I suppose the Patriots have forgotten how to carry themselves like champs.

It's been a decade. Not over. 10 is not greater than 10. :141847_bnono:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":34vi545f said:
Yawn. The bear can go into hibernation and come see us in 12 months at the minimum.

And Blount will have played for 4 teams by then.

You are really pressing hard for validation here today. Why?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2d0jgnh0 said:
GoPatsSB49":2d0jgnh0 said:

We are supposed to worship them for their last seconds of the game, backs against the ropes 'domination' of our mash-unit defense. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like Brady, but he's reminding me of Favre and Manning now with: "I still got a lot of football in me." Any vestige of a deep ball he might have had is completely gone now, so he'll be hanging on for dear life trying to play into his forties. Such a shame because it keeps the many bright, young, exciting prospects from having a chance.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":pl8k0z0r said:
Uncle Si":pl8k0z0r said:
GoPatsSB49":pl8k0z0r said:

We are supposed to worship them for their last seconds of the game, backs against the ropes 'domination' of our mash-unit defense. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like Brady, but he's reminding me of Favre and Manning now with: "I still got a lot of football in me." Any vestige of a deep ball he might have had is completely gone now, so he'll be hanging on for dear life trying to play into his forties. Such a shame because it keeps the many bright, young, exciting prospects from having a chance.

He broke the record (previously held by Manning) for most completions in a Super Bowl... and was still out gained by Wilson. I like Brady. They executed a very good game plan late. They took advantage of a hurt group and played to their strengths. Credit to them.

But still, they know they were 5 feet, 21 seconds and a timeout away from having it all crash in on them. That's why their parade was about the Seahawks. That's why Pats fans are still on here 4 days later trying to justify their trophy.

I still believe the Seahawks simply failed to win.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
It will be nice to see the T-shirt next season when the Pats don't make the playoffs that says "Reigning Super Bowl Champions... Insignificant!"

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":rl5b802t said:
HawKnPeppa":rl5b802t said:
Uncle Si":rl5b802t said:
GoPatsSB49":rl5b802t said:

He broke the record (previously held by Manning) for most completions in a Super Bowl... and was still out gained by Wilson. I like Brady. They executed a very good game plan late. They took advantage of a hurt group and played to their strengths. Credit to them.

But still, they know they were 5 feet, 21 seconds and a timeout away from having it all crash in on them. That's why their parade was about the Seahawks. That's why Pats fans are still on here 4 days later trying to justify their trophy.

Well you're not wrong. The Seahawks did fail to win. Because the Patriots were better than them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. And please, keep coming on here to do it. You're only proving our point more.

It's funny you can't see that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Why are Pats fans still here? I seriously don't get it.

After the Super Bowl last year, I didn't even go on Broncos forums. I just enjoyed the win.

byau

Reaction score
HawkFan72":8a5iy6cs said:
Why are Pats fans still here? I seriously don't get it.

After the Super Bowl last year, I didn't even go on Broncos forums. I just enjoyed the win.

The Pats fans are like the Pats players - it's all about us, not them. Because they know they got away with a win that wasn't theirs.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Because last year, The Seahawks left no question as to who the better team was.

This year however...

- bsd RPA

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ons24nm said:

This is definitely a meta comment (so stop now if you're not into that sort of thing), but:

I always find it weird how fans prefer to call their favorite team losers than their favorite teams' opponents winners.

I suspect it's because it allows fans to preserve the myth that their favorite team is always and indisputably the best team and always in total control of their own destiny, but as a fan it's kinda also throwing your favorite team under the bus.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3lyfe1zg said:
Uncle Si":3lyfe1zg said:

This is definitely a meta comment (so stop now if you're not into that sort of thing), but:

I always find it weird how fans prefer to call their favorite team losers than their favorite teams' opponents winners.

I suspect it's because it allows fans to preserve the myth that their favorite team is always and indisputably the best team and always in total control of their own destiny, but as a fan it's kinda also throwing your favorite team under the bus.

I know you're still on a wind up (congratulations on your stamina) but I will bite.

I like to think of it as a bit deeper and more reflective of the moment and everything before it. It's far more explanatory and exploratory. Nothing to do with my favorite team, to be honest. That game was in the Seahawks hands. They failed to take their opportunity. The Packers failed to beat the Seahawks, then lost the game. The Patriots beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Broncos. These things were not in doubt. The Red Sox failed to win Game 6, then lost the series. Truthfully, it's more engaging.

I've been a Seahawks fan (a sports fan, and a coach) far too long to be under any allusions regarding the status of sports teams and the events that define them.

gulliver

Reaction score
Uncle Si":18nrs2uy said:
they were 5 feet, 21 seconds and a timeout away from having it all crash in on them. That's why their parade was about the Seahawks. That's why Pats fans are still on here 4 days later trying to justify their trophy.
Who's saying 5 feet? All accounts have the ball on the half-yard line, or to be official, the "1 yard line". In reality it was 18 inches.

I too am surprised at how the Pats are feeling their oats the last few days. Bevell rescued defeat from the jaws of victory... we had an 87% chance of winning, Tom & Bill are on the sidelines with their heads in their hands rehearsing their answers to "why can't you guys ever win without cheating"... then Bevell throws a slant into traffic and suddenly they DOMINATED and are really keen to rub our nose in it.

They can pretend all they want, but we know. And we know they know. And they know that we know.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Ya I'm not sure how they can talk shit.. I'd be embarrassed myself if my team barely and luckily ulled out a come from behind win on a team w as many serious injuries as Seattle had in that game. The pats did what they had to.. but anyone with a brain could see a healthy team on d beats them pretty handily. It's not even close.

Rufus

Reaction score
I don't get all the discrepancy about where the last play was. We've all seen the play dozens of times. LOS was the 1 yard line.

AN-SB-XLIX-feat.png