Kris Richard turns down Atlanta, up yours Dan Quinn!

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2plritam said:
BOOM! Good news at last!

Couldn't you have at least edited it to an 'up yours Dan Quinn?'

FIFM. :thirishdrinkers:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
D coordinator for Atlanta or Seahawks?

Hmmm, not a tough choice there!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3ap9cdur said:
SomersetHawk":3ap9cdur said:
BOOM! Good news at last!

Christopher the mod came in an edited out an obscenity, I was asking whether he could have just cleaned up the language a little and let the sentence stand.

I guess we can expect Richard to be named our DC fairly soon then? Our underwhelming defensive performance in the Super Bowl made me miss Dan Quinn a lot less. Michael Bennett carried us.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1bmbf3p8 said:
NJSeaHawk":1bmbf3p8 said:
SomersetHawk":1bmbf3p8 said:
BOOM! Good news at last!

Christopher the mod came in an edited out an obscenity, I was asking whether he could have just cleaned up the language a little and let the sentence stand.

I guess we can expect Richard to be named our DC fairly soon then? Our underwhelming defensive performance in the Super Bowl made me miss Dan Quinn a lot less. Michael Bennett carried us.

Ahh I see... be that as it may, the application is still quite fitting, as Dirty Quinn tried to steal him, and is now our mortal enemy.

marko358

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2brb2yc7 said:
Perhaps the performance in the Superbowl had less to do with Quinn getting a job in Atlanta and more to do with the fact that the middle of our D line did absolutely nothing as far as moving the pocket.

I brought up that it might be a huge problem before the game.
Through 3 quarters we gave up 14 points and Brady had pedestrian numbers. Once Avril went down that all changed.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Reaneypark":204gvlxu said:

It's a no brainer. An elite defense, or a bottom of the barrel defensive without a single play maker.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
AirStrike":hix5cbg2 said:
Reaneypark":hix5cbg2 said:

It's a no brainer. An elite defense, or a bottom of the barrel defensive without a single play maker.
Not just about the Hawks elite defense but he'll be in a spot to be a HC in 2 years time.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
marko358":130m0pew said:
The_Z_Man":130m0pew said:
Perhaps the performance in the Superbowl had less to do with Quinn getting a job in Atlanta and more to do with the fact that the middle of our D line did absolutely nothing as far as moving the pocket.

Through 3 quarters we gave up 14 points and Brady had pedestrian numbers. Once Avril went down that all changed.

Yup, losing Avril and Lane were big. There was a tweet posted about Brady's numbers with Avril on the field, they were average at best. Once he left things changed.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I've said this several times since the game. Once Cliff went out they were able to stop Bennett. After that Brady had no pressure at all and was able to throw at will.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glad that Richard is staying. I hope Norton Jr stays as well. Carroll runs the defense so I believe that the Seahawks will be ok and can continue to be one of the top defenses.

Brady was getting the ball out within 2 seconds, even when Avril was in there. He had a monster game and they had a great game plan to beat the Seahawks with short passes. Brady averaged a little over 5 yards per pass. The Pats used the Chargers blueprint to beat the Seahawks and it worked. It also helped them that the Seahawk secondary was hobbled throughout the game.

kf3339

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":15tylafz said:

But I digress..

Quinn did a masterful job of creating pressure with just Avril and Bennett, especially considering the circumstances. I have no complaints.

Again, I have yet to see a team win a Superbowl with that many starters missing on the D line - you're too thin, and then one or two injuries in the game and it's over. The thing I feared showed up in the 4th quarter once Avril went down. Brady had all kinds of time to throw - on top of that the secondary was a M.A.S.H. unit by that point.

And it's not guarranteed that if we score that touchdown that he doesn't go get a field goal in 30 seconds. How do you defend a QB like Brady when they have plenty of time to wait for someone to get open?

We can blame that last call on Bevell and Carroll but the fact remains that the beaten to hell defense gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter.

They just flat ran out of horses. A team can only take so many injuries in a season, we were at the breaking point heading into the game, started struggling when Lane went down, and imploded when Avril went out.

That's the real issue of the Superbowl, that loss of depth on the D line... the guys we cut for salary cap reasons, the guys who went down, the risks we took that didn't pan out (Jesse Williams) - without those issues the play call never happens.

This is so very true. I was so worried and stated as such last off season that cutting both Red and Clemons was going to cost us at some point. No to mention losing McDonald to fee agency. The idea of planning a long term success formula unfortunately meant that we relied on guys that were either to young or not talented enough to pick up the slack. This is even true with losing both Thurmond III and Browner that weakened the secondary.

There is a lot to think about considering what happened last Sunday.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21vil50l said:
Glad that Richard is staying. I hope Norton Jr stays as well. Carroll runs the defense so I believe that the Seahawks will be ok and can continue to be one of the top defenses.

Brady was getting the ball out within 2 seconds, even when Avril was in there. He had a monster game and they had a great game plan to beat the Seahawks with short passes. Brady averaged a little over 5 yards per pass. The Pats used the Chargers blueprint to beat the Seahawks and it worked. It also helped them that the Seahawk secondary was hobbled throughout the game.

I guess to beat the Seahawks you have to hope that the temperature is unbearable and make the D play the whole game and/or having half the defense injured and playing

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
"Up yours"? I think that's kind of harsh. Personally, I'm just grateful that he didn't leave after last year's Super Bowl win. There was plenty of interest in him; and he did a fantastic job for us in the two years he was here as our DC.

I wish him all the best, except when he's playing us, of course.

...I'm glad we're keeping Richard, though. :)

morgulon1

Reaction score
sc85sis said:
I've said this several times since the game. Once Cliff went out they were able to stop Bennett. After that Brady had no pressure at all and was able to throw at will.[/quote

Is that what it was? I haven't rewatched the game. I don't know if I will.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":exsmnoz9 said:
"Up yours"? I think that's kind of harsh. Personally, I'm just grateful that he didn't leave after last year's Super Bowl win. There was plenty of interest in him; and he did a fantastic job for us in the two years he was here as our DC.

I wish him all the best, except when he's playing us, of course.

...I'm glad we're keeping Richard, though. :)

I think the OP is referring to how he's trying poach our coordinators. C-A-L-M.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1duvk1ot said:
I think the OP is referring to how he's trying poach our coordinators. C-A-L-M.
I know. I just meant that I look at Quinn fondly despite him being the HC of another team now.