Pete Carroll on Today Show,,,,

JonRud

Reaction score
Just watched it. Good to see, very therapeutic. Pete will have his biggest challenge ahead of him in 2015 but if anyone is up to the task to lead them team back it will be him.

A lot of Pete's positivity has rubbed off on me the last few years. Instead of only looking back on what didn't happen on Sunday, I am already looking ahead to next year. What's done is done.

Early guess - Seahawks open on Sunday night football AT Green Bay in an NFC Championship game re-match. What a game that would be!

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those who haven't seen it, here is the full 20+ minute interview. Really good stuff. I actually feel a little better about "tomorrow"

[urltargetblank]http://www.today.com/video/today/56934537#56934537[/urltargetblank]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Things could be alot worse...we could be Lions fans who have experienced 1 playoff win in the Superbowl Era..ouch :D

huskylawyer

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2b4zxijc said:
Things could be alot worse...we could be Lions fans who have experienced 1 playoff win in the Superbowl Era..ouch :D

True that. I'm starting to see the positives. First, if the HAwks win it next year, they are a dynasty IMHO. Blowout superbowl, loss on a fluke call, and another superbowl? That team will be talked about for generations if that happens. With a set-back comes an opportunity.

And last year's ring definitely takes the sting out of this year's SB loss. The Hawks have completely taken off the table the, "get back to me when you win something" troll attempt, and when Pats fans say, "u mad bro?" I just give the Sherman reply, "Not that mad" with a picture of the SB ring.

Things could be a heck of a lot worse.

And when you are really low, just think how it must be like to be a Cleveland Browns fan...

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":26a7t17t said:
For those who haven't seen it, here is the full 20+ minute interview. Really good stuff. I actually feel a little better about "tomorrow"

[urltargetblank]http://www.today.com/video/today/56934537#56934537[/urltargetblank]
Wow. Nice interview from Matt NBC guy. He asked the tough question of course...why the pass? and tried to enter into Pete's emotional cranial dome from all angles, but he never brought up why Lynch didn't get the ball?? Pete sure stands fast though doesn't he? Kinda weird though in some respects.

Pete's got to be a new ager. :evil:

Threedee

Reaction score
It was nice to see Pete in that sort of conversation. He made me feel better for the first time, as his previous sports interviews all had pissed me off.

Reaction score
Read today that Pete still thought he needed to pass sometime in the sequence. I agree sometime we may of needed to pass but he should of ran it first. He was just thinking to much about the situation. I still feel good about him leading the way tho.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Threedee":2vj010ag said:
It was nice to see Pete in that sort of conversation. He made me feel better for the first time, as his previous sports interviews all had pissed me off.

??? whatever. The only one of his sports interviews that ever pissed me off was the day after the 'fail mary' when that haughty beyotch kept telling Pete he needed to 'apologize' for it.

Was that Lindsay Czarniak??...can't remember for sure.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":30tli2jo said:

Thanks for posting this was nice to hear from Coach Carroll directly.

TwilightError

Reaction score
SuperFreak":pprvfmvt said:
kidhawk":pprvfmvt said:

Thanks for posting this was nice to hear from Coach Carroll directly.

Same here, thanks. Just look at Petes emotions when he gets those cheering words from fans. A great man.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Extremely telling answer:

Q: So again, take the outcome out of it because nothing you can do about that. You would make the same call if the situation were the same today?

A: We can change the rhythm of those calls. One of those calls was going to be a pass in there to stop the clock. A timeout would stop one, an incomplete pass, the game's over if you win and if you score. So that [pass] happened to be that one. But going back again, I might do it differently. I'm not going to tell my opponents which way I'm going to do it. But we have the choice.

Run the ball first if there's a next time, Pete. Go with your most trusted way of scoring, then pass to a reliable receiver only if you need to.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
huskylawyer":i3si3a14 said:
WilsonMVP":i3si3a14 said:

True that. I'm starting to see the positives. First, if the HAwks win it next year, they are a dynasty IMHO. Blowout superbowl, loss on a fluke call, and another superbowl? That team will be talked about for generations if that happens. With a set-back comes an opportunity.

And last year's ring definitely takes the sting out of this year's SB loss. The Hawks have completely taken off the table the, "get back to me when you win something" troll attempt, and when Pats fans say, "u mad bro?" I just give the Sherman reply, "Not that mad" with a picture of the SB ring.

Things could be a heck of a lot worse.

And when you are really low, just think how it must be like to be a Cleveland Browns fan...

Not knowing this interview is already linked here at the forum, I had posted a link. Downloaded it and put it on a disk to watch several times.
Yea, I cried when we lost, I cried watching the interview for the transparency of PeterBird [as I call him]. Cried reading your post. PETE CARROLL IZ our man. And you're right, WHEN we get to the super bowl next year WE WILL PROVE TO ALL THE WORLD WE ARE THEE FOOTBALL DYNASTY OF ALL TIME.
There isn't a team in ANY sport like the Seahawks. And love Pete's optimistic outlook on life. Failure is just a temporary mistake that can be rectified.

LTH

Reaction score
I could not imagine the pain this guy must be feeling... much more than any of us....he probably wont admit that but its true...

bowzerbird

Reaction score
torontoseahawk":3rdrcuq9 said:
love Pete, this will only make him more hungry for that second superbowl

Just imagine this . . . .

In Russell's rookie season HE & WE almost went to the SB. Then we won last year. AND this year, we would have won again.
Can you Imagine 3 THREE Super Bowl WINS!!??!! With the team players WE have, the coaches, the upcoming draft [and I bet we pick VERY tall and weighty guys: just a thought] and the new coaches [we just picked Lofa Tatupu who used to play w/the Hawks]. Kinda reminded me a little of Marshawn. Bad ass and knew how to "push" through.

The Seahawks have shown the world we are a viable foe. DANGEROUS.

YOU MAD BRO -- WE BAD BRO