Earl Thomas out 6-8 months

12thManNorth

Reaction score
For a guy like Earl who has poured his heart & soul into this team in two straight long seasons, this could be a blessing in disguise to give him a much longer mental break than he probably would've taken. Obviously only as long as he's 100% ready to go for reg season game 1

Playmaker21

Reaction score
6 months = early August (missing a week or 2 of Training Camp)

7 Months = beginning of the 2015 NFL Regular season

8 Months = beginning of October. Likely missing 3 or 4 games.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind that Earl will be ready game 1. He will continue to workout and put in footwork and study and be the effing man he is.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Earl's been with us for 5 seasons, and he's never missed a game due to injury. I don't think that's going to start now, especially given how well he takes care of himself and how driven he is. I've got full confidence that he'll be ready Week 1.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I'll guess this means 8 months minimum then, knowing our luck.

kidhawk

Reaction score
idahohawk":gwub42hu said:
I'll guess this means 8 months minimum then, knowing our luck.

Many other players I'd agree, but Earl isn't any other player. I said this about Kam in the super bowl...I'll be shocked if he isn't ready to play to start the season

Hyak

Reaction score
Schefter's report on ESPN says Thomas will 100% by training camp so it's likely more of the 6 months recovery.

Also to note is that the NFL season starts later in 2015. A little bonus given our late finish and guys recovering from surgeries.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/563463233122480129[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wow! It seems Thomas is likely to miss part of next season. Hope he has a successful recovery and doesn't try to over push himself. Just take time and make sure you can recover fully. His health is the most important thing than anything else. That goes for all those who are injured.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I wish him to take his time getting well, I hope he never plays anywhere BUT Seattle in his career- a pure winner!!!!

Best to you Earl, get it done, and get well soon

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This could be a good thing in the long run.

Whether its getting a decent vet or rookie or in house... Someone is gonna get first team reps and god knows how much we need quality DB depth.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
The 2014 Seattle Seahawks Defensive Backfield was not the true Legion of Boom. Sure they had Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor. But this was not as talented, overall, of a defensive backfield as the 2012 and 2013 groups were. Primarily because of Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond leaving left a huge hole at CB. Maxwell and Lane were ok, but not to the level of Browner and Thurmond.

It's like the original "Fearsome Foursome" from the Los Angeles Rams of the 1960's. You had the original 4 of Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Rosey Grier, and Lamar Lundy This is the defensive line Dick Butkus called "the most dominant defensive line he ever saw"

But then in 1967 Roger Brown replaced Rosey Grier and in 1970 Coy Bacon replaced Lamar Lundy. And though they continued with the moniker of "Fearsome Foursome" the replacements of the original members were never as good as the original unit.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I disagree. I would argue that Maxwell was head and shoulders better than Browner in coverage. Browner was slow and relied on jamming at the line. Maxi was better at his coverage, and at times played the slot.

crosfam

Reaction score
Browner had lots of penalties as a Seahawk. Too bad he was so good in the SB. Jeron Johnson is an UFA, and might be gone. So we may need to go get a back-up/temp replacement for Thomas III. I say lets convert Tharold. He can un and hit, but maybe not cover like a corner.