The definition of a fair weather fan (haha I laughed)

byau

Reaction score
I found this Craigslist post amusing.

(Which, incidentally, I am taking as a sign that I am ready to move on, this being Day 3 and all.)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cl ... 12638.html

Seahawks apparel trade for Patriots apparel - $500 (Long Beach)

I'm looking to sell all my Seahawks stuff for $500, or trade for New England Patriots stuff.

Attachments

• seahawks-trade-for-patriots.jpg
    seahawks-trade-for-patriots.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,893
OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2ymnpoh3 said:
Gotta be a troll. Gotta be.

Pretty clever. Probably grabbed a pic off someone's site.

Surprised they put it on LA tho. Would make more sense if a NE'er put it on Seattle

Although: being in LA, being around a funky sports crowd, somehow I wouldn't be surprised if it was real. You know that's about the right amount of stuff that could be purchased since the last SB ....

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
byau":7jhe8j91 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":7jhe8j91 said:
Gotta be a troll. Gotta be.

Pretty clever. Probably grabbed a pic off someone's site.

Surprised they put it on LA tho. Would make more sense if a NE'er put it on Seattle

Although: being in LA, being around a funky sports crowd, somehow I wouldn't be surprised if it was real. You know that's about the right amount of stuff that could be purchased since the last SB ....
The Largent stuff is the giveaway. Also, I think there's a Julian Peterson tee/jersey in the pile. Nobody who'd actually have bought that would be selling it off like this.

Where did this silly idea that Hawks fans are super bandwagony come from anyways? There's probably 15 franchises -- including the Patriots, for the love of god -- who are worse than us. People think it's an effective slam, somehow, but it's just too dumb an idea to stick.

peppersjap

Reaction score
We have an awesome fan base and always have but I'm not sure how you cannot see that it has increased like crazy the last couple of years (especially in the last year). I get very irritated when people who really don't know anything about football suddenly want to talk about it with me (mostly female). That being said, we all became a fan sometime! I welcome them with open arms!
The only time I was offended by the bandwagon thing this year was when the Carolina Panther fans were saying it and they are one of the few fan bases that have been around less than us.

pmedic920

Reaction score
byau":1bs9yzga said:
pmedic920":1bs9yzga said:
Seahawkfan80":1bs9yzga said:
And while wandering my eyes.....look what I found in Seattle.....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/4879217886.html

dangit....

That's a fair price IMO.
If I didn't have one, I'd snatch that up.

Saw that. What is it? Specific to Seattle ?

It was a limited/ collectable run.
I think they did all the team colors. They were only sold regionally and ended up being hard to come by.
I drink MM and was desperate to get my hands on one.
viewtopic.php?t=100456#p1468403
^^^
Cool story in this thread, worth a look see.

AirStrike

Reaction score
peppersjap":31cgkiym said:
We have an awesome fan base and always have but I'm not sure how you cannot see that it has increased like crazy the last couple of years (especially in the last year). I get very irritated when people who really don't know anything about football suddenly want to talk about it with me (mostly female). That being said, we all became a fan sometime! I welcome them with open arms!
The only time I was offended by the bandwagon thing this year was when the Carolina Panther fans were saying it and they are one of the few fan bases that have been around less than us.

Happens with every good team, it's a good problem to have.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2wf1b50i said:
byau":2wf1b50i said:
pmedic920":2wf1b50i said:
Seahawkfan80":2wf1b50i said:
And while wandering my eyes.....look what I found in Seattle.....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/4879217886.html

dangit....

That's a fair price IMO.
If I didn't have one, I'd snatch that up.

Saw that. What is it? Specific to Seattle ?

It was a limited/ collectable run.
I think they did all the team colors. They were only sold regionally and ended up being hard to come by.
I drink MM and was desperate to get my hands on one.
viewtopic.php?t=100456#p1468403
^^^
Cool story in this thread, worth a look see.

I went to a place in now-wheresville and asked if they had any of them bottles. They said the owner tried to get some in and they could not. None of the 'goodies' were sent to outlying areas that are small towns.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
peppersjap":303i2qj8 said:
We have an awesome fan base and always have but I'm not sure how you cannot see that it has increased like crazy the last couple of years (especially in the last year).

Yep, according to Nielsen the Seahawks had the largest proportion of bandwagoners (first year fans) in the NFL this season, with the fanbase growing by 27%.

That's not a knock on the team or its fanbase (it would be weird if a Super Bowl winner DIDN'T have the largest spike in bandwagoners), but it's not simply anecdotal.

See here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitn ... -interest/

mistaowen

Reaction score
That's gotta be fake. No way someone rocking Alexander and Largent jerseys would suddenly choose to be a Pats fan after a heartbreaking loss. It probably was taken from somewhere else and added to craigslist as a joke.

Or this guy is a Cavs/Heat fan.

kjreid

Reaction score
i had one, but after the finish of that game I opened it and drank it :34853_doh:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I was at the store last night getting diapers and dog food and what not and an old Saints fan walks up and shakes my hand and says, "Glad to see you still have your Hawks gear on."

Tipped his Saints hat and said a few words about fair weather fans, but that was a cool gesture.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
vin.couve12":24157qxw said:
I was at the store last night getting diapers and dog food and what not and an old Saints fan walks up and shakes my hand and says, "Glad to see you still have your Hawks gear on."

Tipped his Saints hat and said a few words about fair weather fans, but that was a cool gesture.

That is a cool gesture !

A

Anonymous

Bait and switch post, byau... :sarcasm_on:

What an idiot. He's got personalized stuff front and center.

Maybe it's dude's way of dealing with the horror? This observer is not amused. (well.... maybe a little) :mrgreen:

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1788uqt6 said:

That's an obnoxious gesture. You should have told him to eff off, you don't need his BS validation.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1p6wzwb0 said:
vin.couve12":1p6wzwb0 said:

That's an obnoxious gesture. You should have told him to eff off, you don't need his BS validation.

Ha.. strange that two people can see the same things in such opposite ways. I thought it was pretty cool

Latest posts