The Last 3 Years

Hyak

Reaction score
Just reflecting on how consistently good the Seahawks have been in this period. 42-14 (36-12 regular season, 6-2 playoffs) with 1 SB win and 1 SB loss.

The other 2 teams with similar records are Denver (40-13; 2-3 playoffs) and NE (41-14; 5-2 playoffs).

Of the 14 Seattle losses, what's impressive is this:

1. They lead in every game at one point.

2. The largest loss was by 9 points, where the final 3 were after a failed 4th down with the ball and a chance to win with 2 minutes left. In the same period, Denver had 6 losses of 10 points or more in this span. NE had 4 losses of 10 points of more in the same time frame.

4. The 2 playoff losses were games that they appeared to win right at the end only to see heartbreak happen.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
yea definitely an incredible run. Too bad in the long-term what we'll remember is those 2 devastating playoff losses, obviously in addition to the Super Bowl blowout win

swagcity21

Reaction score
We will remember them yes, but as long as we have our franchise QB we will always be in the game. Don't forget over those three years we only lost by more than 7 points once. and that was this in San Diego.

As long as we are always in the game we will always have to chance to win. AND have successful seasons. If anything has been proven the last years its that once the playoffs start all bets are off.......and we can actually win a game on the road.

byau

Reaction score
What I realized....

If it's the last drive and our defense has to make the stop for us to win, I would pick our D to make that stop over the opposing offense and win us the game

Likewise, if it's the last drive and our offense has to make the score to win, I would still pick our team to make that score over the opposing defense and win us the game

Sure there are times the Seahawks don't deliver in those situations, but i feel that is the exception, not the norm

That is how clutch these guys have been in big time situations overall these last three years on both sides of the ball

How about that?

drdiags

Reaction score
They were getting smoked by ATL before mounting their second half comeback. But your main points still hold.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I was gonna do a thread like this pointing out in draft position Seahawks finished:

7th in 2012 (30 seconds away from at least a 4th place finish)

1st in 2013

2nd in 2014 (1 yard away from a likely 1st place finish)

Finished 1st in DVOA in all 3 years.

Was the 4th youngest team in 2012 & 2013.

7th youngest in 2014.

Lot of peeps talking trash right now @ the Seahawks and a lot of fans in disbelief but I feel like we've only just begun our dominant run.

NFC West took a step back and not many teams other than the Packers and Lions scare me going forward. Cowboys are up there as well but they have to prove it again more so than any team. Murray, Romo, and Bryant played out of thier minds.