Looks like Kris Richard is it....

purpleworld

Reaction score
Alex RozierVerified account
‏@AlexRozier Sources tell me Coach Carroll told the team about Richard's hire after Ken Norton reached an agreement to be the #Raiders D Coordinator

Alex RozierVerified account
‏@AlexRozier NEW: Sources close to the team confirm Kris Richard will be the new #Seahawks Defensive Coordinator.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hm...sounds like Pete was deciding between the 2, knowing whoever lost out would be gone.

If so, tough decision between two guys who he's known for a long time.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Same guy...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexRozier/status/563794516101308416[/tweet]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea who this Rozier guy is

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":iwr3b8tg said:
I honestly have no idea who this Rozier guy is

Yeah never head of him either, but his twitter indicates he works for King5 News in Seattle and he's verified.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ScottEnyeart/status/563797724999323648[/tweet]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
So...

Seahawks lose:

DC Quinn
LB Norton
DB Manuel (assistant)

Now:
DC Kris Richards
DL Travis Jones
LB Heath Farwell (placeholder)
DB Rocky Seto

Seto is now a co defensive passing game coordinator plus possibly assisstant HC.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Jim Schwartz right now to coach the LBs and help Richards to coordinate the front 7.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Cable is already asst. HC, unless he got demoted.

Seto is probably secondary coach taking over Richard's old spot, he was previously already the defensive passing game coordinator (?).

GLio14

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2gbitzib said:
So...

Seahawks lose:

DC Quinn
LB Norton
DB Manuel (assistant)

Now:
DC Kris Richards
DL Travis Jones
DB Rocky Seto

Seto is now a co defensive passing game coordinator plus possibly assisstant HC.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Jim Schwartz right now to coach the LBs and help Richards to coordinate the front 7.
Wait is it official that Heath is the linebackers coach?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I know that they aren't announcing anything until they are done, but they have been updating the coaching page as they leave. There are currently only 4 defensive coaches listed. Obviously none have been given new titles to reflect any organizational changes yet

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches.html[/urltargetblank]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":y8m4muoh said:

Seto is probably secondary coach taking over Richard's old spot, he was previously already the defensive passing game coordinator (?).

I think you can have more than 1 assistant head coach. Its more or less just a honorary tag to get a "promotion". I know I just read about a team promoting one of thier D coaches to Ast HC when already had one on offense. But the names and team escape me. Maybe the Titans with Dick Lebeau and Mike Munchak.

And yeah I know Seto was "the" passing game coordinator.

But now that Seto will likely get a direct coaching position coaching DBs and our DBs coach becoming a coordinator. I just presume that both will have equal influence on the passing game defense.

Hence the co-passing game coordination tag.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Price of success. Still sucks to see great coaches leave. Hope Richard can do a good job.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
GLio14":uubsiwpi said:
Pandion Haliaetus":uubsiwpi said:
So...

Seahawks lose:

DC Quinn
LB Norton
DB Manuel (assistant)

Now:
DC Kris Richards
DL Travis Jones
DB Rocky Seto

Wait is it official that Heath is the linebackers coach?

No Heath is not official which I designated with a placeholder tag... As in hes likely the next viable inhouse possiblity.

I wouldnt have talked about Schwartz if Farwell was already in place.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
If this is true then I'm happy. Well, to be honest as long as Pete's buying the groceries and cooking the gourmet spread, I'll be happy.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2t2jsrhp said:
Price of success. Still sucks to see great coaches leave. Hope Richard can do a good job.
Yeah, this. I had a drink (or rather I had a Martini while he had soda water) with Norton in Toronto a few years ago and he was a really cool guy. It's inevitable that this sort of thing happens, but it's still a little sad. Oh, well. On with the next!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Next man up... I like what Pete has created here. A system. There are only a few pieces overall that would hurt this team if it were to loose them. Pete, Kam, Wags, Earl, Russ, maybe Sherm. The rest are replaceable without a significant hit to our team. We found these people to begin with I have faith we can find more. Norton might have been great at his position but there was a reason Pete did not make him DC last time he had the chance or rush to make him our current DC. I think position coach and DC require different skill sets and maybe Norton doesn't have it? I could be wrong I just wonder why Pete did not make him DC sooner if he was so great.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Rozier used to be a news guy in Spokane for KHQ and was recently picked up by KING5. He was good and well-liked in Spokane (presumably why KING5 wanted him).

sutz

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3cd90fof said:
dontbelikethat":3cd90fof said:

I think you can have more than 1 assistant head coach. Its more or less just a honorary tag to get a "promotion". I know I just read about a team promoting one of thier D coaches to Ast HC when already had one on offense. But the names and team escape me. Maybe the Titans with Dick Lebeau and Mike Munchak.

And yeah I know Seto was "the" passing game coordinator.

But now that Seto will likely get a direct coaching position coaching DBs and our DBs coach becoming a coordinator. I just presume that both will have equal influence on the passing game defense.

Hence the co-passing game coordination tag.
The title of "AHC" is a bit of an honorarium that has the affect of protecting the guy from poaching. Another team would have to annoint them HC to steal them without permission. I believe it usually doesn't have a lot of effect on the chain of command in most cases.