Millen goes off again on KJR about PC "play call" attackers

irocdave

Reaction score
I just caught the tail end of it on the way home tonight. Love or hate Millen, he says what he feels and stands by it until proven otherwise. Yea, he wasn't a RW fan in the beginning but he has admitted he was wrong and has given RW his due admiration. If you get a chance to listen to at least the part I did it worth listening to. I tried google, and found several instances of Millen making headlines with his stories and strong opinions but nothing about todays activities on KJR.

Side note, Millen at one point talked to a reporter about playing for a team that placed speakers in the O lines helmets and also lubed up the O lines jerseys. That was published in a New England news paper and the reporter referred to Shanahan and the Donks from the late 90's.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Didn't hear it, but let me guess, another "circle the coaching wagons" rant. Tell him Wyman beat him to it.
I can't stand Millen, and I'm a big UW fan.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
FargoHawk":3usbdedq said:
Care to summarize?

Yeah, how about some context for those of us who didn't get to hear his rant on KJR.

I have no idea whether I should agree or disagree with the OP...

gonzhawk

Reaction score
He was defending Carroll about how much he continues to get raked across the coals...it was beautiful actually.
He says he would have probably attempted the run also, but the fact that Pete is taking bullets 5 days later, he has a problem with, as do I. Its a bit more detailed, sorry can't recall all of it, but just thought it was really cool for him to step up for our beleaguered coach.

We are not on the verge of "REPETE" from one yard out if it was not for this coach. The best in Seahawks history.

In Pete I trust. Thanks Hugh.

firebee

Reaction score
PC has no reason to be raked over the coals... He trusted Bevell to make the right call. Bevell did not call a good play. Bevell probably saw that they brought out the goalline defense and told Pete it was a good time to go for the pass if we're going to pass. That part... I can see the call being agreed to. Had he told Pete that he was going to call quick slants with an empty backfield against a goalline defense that would have inside leverage in coverage, PC probably would've called a timeout and asked Bevell a really simple question... "Are you a complete and total idiot?"

Hawkpower

Reaction score
There is no media in the WORLD as laid back as Seattle's.

Imagine the reaction in Philly if the same play had replicated there. YIKES.

Its the biggest sporting event in the world, and a bad decision cost the game, so yeah there is going to be some discussion.

Pete knows he has it easy here in regards to scrutiny and he's a big boy. We dont need to worry about his hurt feelings or running off to coach in New York to get away from the big bad Seattle media lol.