needed a few days

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I rarely post here, but have been a reader since the scout days. I just need some fellow 12s to be around.

I couldn't bear to watch highlights or talk about the super bowl for a few days. Took the wife and one year old up to Santa Barbara for the day (we live in LA) Still wearing my hawks hat, just as proud as i have been my whole life, but sad and confused and angry and…

Eveywhere we went I heard people talking about the game. Everybody feels the same. Fans of all teams just can't accept/understand what happened. It does not make it any easier, but nice to vent with people.

Except for one jerk of a pats fan. that guy can suck it.

oh well next year!
i will be coming home for the Cleveland game (with a Browns fan), until then go hawks!

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
We all needed a few days. It truly was like losing someone close to you. But now go back and watch the mic'd up version and you really do see how great a game it was. The best in SB history, and that is something else people fans of other teams are saying. Yes, it hurts the way end ended, but let not that take away anything from this epic battle, and performance by our Seahawks.

Oh, and you should hook up with the SO Cal Seahawk fans on Facebook. Great bunch of people, who plan fan get togethers all year. We ran into them at Disneyland last spring.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kinesmajor":2ykqx53w said:
I rarely post here, but have been a reader since the scout days. I just need some fellow 12s to be around.

I couldn't bear to watch highlights or talk about the super bowl for a few days. Took the wife and one year old up to Santa Barbara for the day (we live in LA) Still wearing my hawks hat, just as proud as i have been my whole life, but sad and confused and angry and…

Eveywhere we went I heard people talking about the game. Everybody feels the same. Fans of all teams just can't accept/understand what happened. It does not make it any easier, but nice to vent with people.

Except for one jerk of a pats fan. that guy can suck it.

oh well next year!
i will be coming home for the Cleveland game (with a Browns fan), until then go hawks!

In general, most people have shared our feelings and processing it similarly even if not Hawks fans. But, there's a always got to be a wise guy.

I've allowed a week to hold my tongue and not respond to that sort of thing. But, I think my response to those types henceforth shall be "Do you like Jazz?" Bruce Nolan (Jim Carrey) can play some mighty impressive high notes. ;)

Oh, a good friend of mine (and one of the guys I talk NFL with most often) is a huge Browns fan. That would be fun to go to that game with him. Probably not likely for both of us coming from Orlando, FL. Too, I owe one of my sons a game before anyone else.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The people I've encountered around here all say we should have won and great game ect..I think more attention is payed to us losing than NE winning it but in a positive way because no one rubbed it in except for the one Pucker fan that rides with me.He said "we would have beaten them" and "we should have been there"..I hate the Packers just as much as any team I have now because of fans like him and I want win #4 in a row against them so badly now..As you can see I'm over the loss and ready for next season unlike our first SB the zebras stayed out of the game and were not any factor in our loss so I cannot be too upset when we had our chances in this game with all the injuries we had ..It was a great season and I believe we will be back better than ever..GO HAWKS!!!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3usfmhar said:
The people I've encountered around here all say we should have won and great game ect..I think more attention is payed to us losing than NE winning it but in a positive way because no one rubbed it in except for the one Pucker fan that rides with me.He said "we would have beaten them" and "we should have been there"..I hate the Packers just as much as any team I have now because of fans like him and I want win #4 in a row against them so badly now..As you can see I'm over the loss and ready for next season unlike our first SB the zebras stayed out of the game and were not any factor in our loss so I cannot be too upset when we had our chances in this game with all the injuries we had ..It was a great season and I believe we will be back better than ever..GO HAWKS!!!

I'm with you on the Packers and their fans. Ask him if he'd like to hear Bruce Nolan's greatest jazz hit. (see previous post)