Piling on

chris98251

Reaction score
Notice a trend going on in stories,

Seahawks predictions : Will lose multiple home games next year.

Seahawks Cap situation : Won't be able to keep team together if they have to sign Lynch and Wilson

Seahawks will have to pay up to keep 12th Man name

This is just the start and I know there were others I read, seems that we have a bunch of grave diggers out there hoping that they have a body to put in them from the Seahawks. I am so going to enjoy next year, writers and Mediots are writing us off, they have the Super Bowl predicted as the Patriots and Giants also.

I hope that all the surgery's go well and we get plenty of rest, the bodies ability to heal and rest is what makes repeating so hard, many teams don't get healthy after deep playoff runs and Super Bowls before the next season starts. They may recover from the injuries but the body still has not rested for the next season, you are continually rehabbing and rebuilding the injured portion of the body and it takes a lot of energy and time so your mind and body still doesn't "rest" from the previous year.

At least we should have less distractions, appearances and demands this off season overall, well except for the fuel that writers and Mediots are going to provide to the team, having them all but done with just the dirt to throw on them in those graves.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Right on...I like to think all this talk adds fuel to the fire and gives the Hawks a big chip on the shoulder..I love it!

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is the best thing the mediots can do.

This team obviously plays much better with a chip on it's shoulder. And folks are obliging. Excellent.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Regarding the 12th man issue, the fact they A&M licensed it for $5K/year (if that is true) suggests that they didn't want to fight the Hawks on the issue for fear of losing. I highly doubt the negotiation went, (a) We'll pay nothing, (b) A&M counters with "how about $10K, and (c) Seattle counters with $5K. Such small amounts suggest that A&M knew that Seattle had some leverage, otherwise it would not have settled for such a low amount.

I think my biz partner wrote a blog post on the issue. I'll try to track it down...

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Some people are just naturally negative, and because of the loss, they feel this is their soundboard to vent. I would like to see what they posted after that San Diego loss, or Cowboys at home. I bet they were real hard on the team, giving them no chance to repeat.

LTH

Reaction score
Kind of interesting that the Seahawks are favored 5/1 to win the SB 50...I dont follow the betting lines so maybe its misleading but usually vegas is pretty close..

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Regarding the 12th Man, nobody associated with the team uses the term 12th Man and instead calls the fans the Twelves. I don't see how a number can be taken away from the team.

And the rest of the things are all just speculation and mean very little at this point. There are maybe two or three teams in the league that wouldn't trade our whole roster for theirs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Good post Chris. This is a young team and as such should recover well physically. HOWEVER, the biggest question by far IMO is how they recover mentally and emotionally from having already won a second straight Owl in their minds and hearts only to see that blow up right before their eyes. I heard a national mediot say on the radio that the team and franchise will never recover from this. Hyperbole for sure because 15 years from now it'll be a whole different group of players, coaches and likely FO personnel as well as possibly a new owner.

The real question will be how the guys handle things if Bevell is back which sadly is likely. The locker room had real issues this past season with Harvin and this situation may be even more difficult to overcome. Really we're not going to know until next season unfolds. I'm worried frankly, especially as it concerns the relationship between Marshawn and Bevell.