Should Russ Be Heavily Involved In WR Evaluation?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Is it illegal practice for him to be the one throwing the passes in private workouts and such?

Hold conversations with such prospects to see if they mesh well together mentally?

I know Seahawks have one of the best scouting departments in the NFL but its Wilson who has to throw the passes and I think if Russ genuinely likes a prospect and they seem they can develop a strong chemistry together and be on the same page from ground zero that goes a long way than drafting a knucklehead with plus athleticism that you would need to coach up or adjust his game to fit into Wilsons.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2npk11qn said:
Is it illegal practice for him to be the one throwing the passes in private workouts and such?

Hold conversations with such prospects to see if they mesh well together mentally?

I know Seahawks have one of the best scouting departments in the NFL but its Wilson who has to throw the passes and I think if Russ genuinely likes a prospect and they seem they can develop a strong chemistry together and be on the same page from ground zero that goes along way than drafting a knucklehead with plus athleticism that you would need to coach up or adjust his game to fit into Wilsons.

If they did it that way, they should have Russ throw nothing but intermediate router because that's were our drops happen. Russ throws an uber-catchable long ball, but short-to-intermediate stuff takes a receiver with some special hands. Richardson seems like the only receiver we have who is almost always money when catching those throws.

themunn

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2xvr9o22 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2xvr9o22 said:

I know Seahawks have one of the best scouting departments in the NFL but its Wilson who has to throw the passes and I think if Russ genuinely likes a prospect and they seem they can develop a strong chemistry together and be on the same page from ground zero that goes along way than drafting a knucklehead with plus athleticism that you would need to coach up or adjust his game to fit into Wilsons.

If they did it that way, they should have Russ throw nothing but intermediate router because that's were our drops happen. Russ throws an uber-catchable long ball, but short-to-intermediate stuff takes a receiver with some special hands. Richardson seems like the only receiver we have who is almost always money when catching those throws.

Come on, when was the last time Baldwin was targetted on one of these throws and you thought "he is not good enough to be targetted on those"

Ranker777

Reaction score
themunn":1ui8fvit said:
HawKnPeppa":1ui8fvit said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1ui8fvit said:

Come on, when was the last time Baldwin was targetted on one of these throws and you thought "he is not good enough to be targetted on those"

Sorry of topic but maybe it is time to retire........

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT? -The 12th Man