Congratulations on a great season

NSPatsFan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Murray or NSPatsFan. I first want to say I imagine there will probably be some animosity toward me because of my team and I totally get that. But I'm not here to cause trouble.

I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations to the Seahawks on a great season. Obviously it didn't end the way you guys wanted it to and as you no doubt know as a Patriots fan I know what that feels like, in fact Super Bowl 46 legit put me in the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. (turns out it was just an anxiety attack) I know what it's like to have a Super Bowl ripped away from you, and it totally blows; so while I'm happy my side won you do have my condolences cuz I know firsthand how much that hurts.

You guys have a great team and I respect them for the most part. I don't care for some of the antics but I get that from your perspective you see it differently. Also what some of our guys did at the parade, especially the b***h mode shirts I thought was uncalled for. I tend to like guys who do their talking on the field. I respect the Hell out of your "12s" you guys are amazing at travelling to support your team. We can't even get that kinda support in our own stadium most of the time, though I think some of that is because of our club seats and how most of them are filled by yuppies.

One thing I will tell you from experience is big losses like this make when you win so much sweeter. We've been trying to get that elusive fourth ring for 10 years now and we've had some crazy heartache along the way. Losing Super Bowl 42 I felt like someone I loved died, but finally getting it after all this time was so awesome. I hope you guys get to experience that too, yunno maybe 6 or 7 years from now when Brady's retired and we're rebuilding. :D

Also, and I'm sure you guys have beaten this to death, but you should have won that game. Butler made a fantastic play but he should have never had the chance to. I mean if you're going to throw it at least do play action or something, I hope Carroll can keep the locker room together.

Also while I'm here I want to remind you of happier times by personally thanking you for beating the Broncos last year (and this year too) as a Patriots fan I can not root for Seyton Manning. I'll never get my fellow fans who are like "Oh it's a better rivalry if he's equal" or "I always root for the AFC" It'd be like you guys rooting for the 49ers in the Super Bowl against the Ratbirds.

Anyway that's what I wanted to say, thanks to the mods for finally approving my registration. Best of luck next year ( unless you play us again :D )

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
This is the first Pats fan to honestly say congrats and not have a backwards compliment for us.

You sir, are cool with me.

Congrats on the win.

Edit: Losing Super Bowl 42 I felt like someone I loved died, but finally getting it after all this time was so awesome. I hope you guys get to experience that too, yunno maybe 6 or 7 years from now when Brady's retired and we're rebuilding. :D

I take it back. I hope we pummel your QB next year and every year until he retires.

OP
OP
N

NSPatsFan

Reaction score
What do you want me to say? "I hope we lose to you guys" :D

OP
OP
N

NSPatsFan

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2060fq5f said:
NSPatsFan":2060fq5f said:

Lol that's a start.
Ok, how about this. Super Bowl 50 comes down to one play just like XLIX did, but right when that play happens the space time continuum ruptures and all Seahawks fans are pulled into a dimension where the Hawks win and all Patriots fans are pulled into a dimension where the Pats win.

TruFan23

Reaction score
Classy post, I'm sure all of us here hope for a repeat matchup for SB 50 and Beast Mode finally gets that game winning TD!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
NSPatsFan":1ndfpue4 said:
NJSeaHawk":1ndfpue4 said:
NSPatsFan":1ndfpue4 said:

Lol that's a start.
Ok, how about this. Super Bowl 50 comes down to one play just like XLIX did, but right when that play happens the space time continuum ruptures and all Seahawks fans are pulled into a dimension where the Hawks win and all Patriots fans are pulled into a dimension where the Pats win.

I kinda like the idea of the Hawks winning 49 and 50.

But, your OP was classy, dude. Thanks!

Snowprince

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum. I thank you for welcoming me aboard.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a 49er fan. I have bled Red and Gold since 1967. Yes I love my team, but my love for my team is eclipsed by my love for the game itself.

After the Super Bowl last week, I came here to read through the threads to see how the 12's were coping with the loss and 1 thread in particular prompted me to register. That was the Standing Ovation thread. Much like the OP here, I had no interest in gloating or trash talking. As someone who felt 2 years ago what you're feeling now, I wanted to join the ovation.

Let me add my congratulations on a great season. I've little doubt 2015 will be as well.

Respect.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NSPatsFan":y5rrt1s4 said:
I'm sure you guys have beaten this to death, but you should have won that game. Butler made a fantastic play but he should have never had the chance to.

THIS statement gets my respect. It's a statement of gratefulness... knowing his team played just as well as ours, but that the game very well should have ended much differently. Kudos to you, Murray. I don't think I've ever said this before (to a fan of another team and I'm usually quite grumpy with other fans), but I would love it for you to stick around this board. We need more fans like you from other teams.

I personally don't hate the Patriots. When I was a kid, there was a time they were my "2nd favorite team" - as my Dad is from Boston and he introduced me to the Celtics, Red Sox, and to a lesser degree, the Patriots. He also took me out to Seahawks training camps at EWU in Cheney, WA so I could see Jim Zorn, Steve Largent, Don Dufek, etc. Super Bowl 49 was my Dad's dream matchup... as well as worst nightmare. He is one that I can truly say has duel allegiances. He told me he was rooting for the Seahawks, though.

I watched the Patriots during the Steve Grogan era, Andre Tippett, Russ Francis, etc. I sort of rooted for them when the Hawks weren't playing. I remember them beating the Hawks in Foxboro when I was a kid when the Hawks were up something like 24-0 at halftime. I was so mad. But, I still cried on the phone with my Dad when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. There was also a player on that team that my wife knows, which was cool.

I was hard core Celtics through the Bird, Parrish, Maxwell, Wedman, Archibald, McKale, etc. years. HATED (and still hate) the L.A. Lakers. But, they're dead to me just as the NBA is. Somehow, I didn't really get introduced to the Sonics until around my college years just before they had their run. The Orlando Magic don't interest me in the least (I live in Orlando.) Again, I hate the nba now.

I had a Fred Lynn bat and a Carlton Fisk Catchers mitt as a kid playing little league. I probably more jumped on the Mariners bandwagon once Ken Griffey, Jr. arrived. It was fun attending games. I also felt much satisfaction when the Red Sox finally beat the curse of the Bambino. I HATE... I HATE... I HATE... the Yankees. I was properly raised to hate them.

This Super Bowl was our "Buckner" game. It was a monumental cockup of epic proportions.
But, "I...am... Bullet-Proof! - Ben Wrightman"

Congratulations to the New England Patriots. BTW... I think Brady is the current "G.o.A.T."

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Snowprince":93wlcy4o said:
This is my first post on this forum. I thank you for welcoming me aboard.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a 49er fan. I have bled Red and Gold since 1967. Yes I love my team, but my love for my team is eclipsed by my love for the game itself.

After the Super Bowl last week, I came here to read through the threads to see how the 12's were coping with the loss and 1 thread in particular prompted me to register. That was the Standing Ovation thread. Much like the OP here, I had no interest in gloating or trash talking. As someone who felt 2 years ago what you're feeling now, I wanted to join the ovation.

Let me add my congratulations on a great season. I've little doubt 2015 will be as well.

Respect.

What the h--- is going on here? I'm loving other fans' posts. Am I on Candid Camera? Awesome to have you here. (By the way... I've got a new bit of respect for your team and even CK after dealing with the Packers fans over the last few years. More in person than in here. I've had it with them. CK at least had the class to go congratulate RW after the NFCCG and tell him to go get a ring. Cheeseheads are THE most obnoxious tunnel vision fans... as well as Seahawk hate spewing. Steelers might be a close 2nd, but the Packers and their fans have lost my respect. I can still respect the Rooney family and some of their players, etc.)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Butler did make an incredible play.

I'm hoping for a rematch.

OP
OP
N

NSPatsFan

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":13aer064 said:
THIS statement gets my respect. It's a statement of gratefulness... knowing his team played just as well as ours, but that the game very well should have ended much differently. Kudos to you, Murray. I don't think I've ever said this before (to a fan of another team and I'm usually quite grumpy with other fans), but I would love it for you to stick around this board. We need more fans like you from other teams.
Hey, sometimes you gotta be good and sometimes you gotta be lucky. I think Butler was the good and the play call was the lucky. But to my mind as a Pats fan we should have never let you guys get that close if we wanted to win that game. I was so depressed when Kearse made that circus catch because as everyone well knows we Pats fans have seen that movie before, twice, in our last 2 Super Bowls. When it happened I tweeted "That's the Tyree dagger, right there."

As for classyness, hey I'm a Pats fan so I've seen my share of classless opposition fans (not to mention some classless Pats fans) we have to deal with Jets fans and they're the worst, lol. And this whole cheating nonsense has pushed my patience to the limit. I'm sure you guys know what I mean with all the PED allegations you have to deal with. I think every team cheats somehow, if the NFL doesn't want PED they should test every player after every game. If they don't want footballs being manipulated they should watch them like they did at the Super Bowl. Just my $0.02

TeamoftheCentury":13aer064 said:
I watched the Patriots during the Steve Grogan era, Andre Tippett, Russ Francis, etc. I sort of rooted for them when the Hawks weren't playing. I remember them beating the Hawks in Foxboro when I was a kid when the Hawks were up something like 24-0 at halftime. I was so mad. But, I still cried on the phone with my Dad when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. There was also a player on that team that my wife knows, which was cool.
I became a Pats fan when I was 15 in 1994, so I missed the really, really crappy years. But I'm proud to say I'm not some bandwagoneer who just jumped on when Brady and Belichick came along. I truly feel as I expressed in my OP that you can't truly enjoy the good times unless you're there for the bad. Any Pats fan who survived losing the Perfect season has my respect.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NSPatsFan":19i0bcng said:
TeamoftheCentury":19i0bcng said:
Hey, sometimes you gotta be good and sometimes you gotta be lucky. I think Butler was the good and the play call was the lucky. But to my mind as a Pats fan we should have never let you guys get that close if we wanted to win that game. I was so depressed when Kearse made that circus catch because as everyone well knows we Pats fans have seen that movie before, twice, in our last 2 Super Bowls. When it happened I tweeted "That's the Tyree dagger, right there."

As for classyness, hey I'm a Pats fan so I've seen my share of classless opposition fans (not to mention some classless Pats fans) we have to deal with Jets fans and they're the worst, lol. And this whole cheating nonsense has pushed my patience to the limit. I'm sure you guys know what I mean with all the PED allegations you have to deal with. I think every team cheats somehow, if the NFL doesn't want PED they should test every player after every game. If they don't want footballs being manipulated they should watch them like they did at the Super Bowl. Just my $0.02

TeamoftheCentury":19i0bcng said:
I became a Pats fan when I was 15 in 1994, so I missed the really, really crappy years. But I'm proud to say I'm not some bandwagoneer who just jumped on when Brady and Belichick came along. I truly feel as I expressed in my OP that you can't truly enjoy the good times unless you're there for the bad. Any Pats fan who survived losing the Perfect season has my respect.

Thanks.
A couple of things...

The Seahawks haven't had to deal with PED's for quite awhile now... and one of those players was Browner. PED's seems more like a league wide thing now. When was the last time a Hawks player was suspended for PED's? I can't remember now. (That's a good thing.)

I have been a fan since the Seahawks inception. I guess I'm in the "39" club now (need to change that by my screen name.) So, I must be over-qualified and primed for more successful seasons. I've been there for every season (except for a couple of years when I lived out of country and the Internet wasn't what it is now.) Can you put in a good word for me at the league office? Let them know my case and that I'm deserving. :th2thumbs: lol

Make sure to come back to this forum now and then if you're not planning to stick around regularly.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Classy post, Thanks.
Any way you look at it, both teams and fans should feel honored to not only be in the most watched Super Bowl ever, but arguably the one with the most exciting finish, that will be talked about for years. Neither of these teams are going anywhere but up, and I suspect will lead their divisions once again in 2015.

OP
OP
N

NSPatsFan

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":26r85dr4 said:
A couple of things...

The Seahawks haven't had to deal with PED's for quite awhile now... and one of those players was Browner. PED's seems more like a league wide thing now. When was the last time a Hawks player was suspended for PED's? I can't remember now. (That's a good thing.)
Yeah, that's why I said allegations. But the haters never let it go. With spygate all the other teams were doing it and as Belichick said in his press conference the guy who was recording the signals was wearing Patriots gear standing out in front of 80,000 people where anyone could see him. Taping signals wasn't even illegal until that season so at most we gained 1 game's worth of benefit from it, but to hear people talk every single game we ever won was because of cheating.

Then we get to deflategate and the league instead of taking care of it right away lets us dangle in the wind for 5 days then they come out with a press release saying they were still investigating it. Now we know it wasn't 11 out of 12 balls that was low but it was only 1 AND we think it's the one the Colts intercepted. The Colts have used their connections in the league to their benefit before, Hell it's the only reason they were finally able to beat us in 2006. They changed the rules to suit them.

I can guarantee you you'll be hearing about PED from hater fans for as long as you guys have a good team. Spygate was over 7 years ago now.

SEAHAWG

Reaction score
NSPatsFan":15qwa7g4 said:
Hi, I'm Murray or NSPatsFan. I first want to say I imagine there will probably be some animosity toward me because of my team and I totally get that. But I'm not here to cause trouble.

I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations to the Seahawks on a great season. Obviously it didn't end the way you guys wanted it to and as you no doubt know as a Patriots fan I know what that feels like, in fact Super Bowl 46 legit put me in the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. (turns out it was just an anxiety attack) I know what it's like to have a Super Bowl ripped away from you, and it totally blows; so while I'm happy my side won you do have my condolences cuz I know firsthand how much that hurts.

You guys have a great team and I respect them for the most part. I don't care for some of the antics but I get that from your perspective you see it differently. Also what some of our guys did at the parade, especially the b***h mode shirts I thought was uncalled for. I tend to like guys who do their talking on the field. I respect the Hell out of your "12s" you guys are amazing at travelling to support your team. We can't even get that kinda support in our own stadium most of the time, though I think some of that is because of our club seats and how most of them are filled by yuppies.

One thing I will tell you from experience is big losses like this make when you win so much sweeter. We've been trying to get that elusive fourth ring for 10 years now and we've had some crazy heartache along the way. Losing Super Bowl 42 I felt like someone I loved died, but finally getting it after all this time was so awesome. I hope you guys get to experience that too, yunno maybe 6 or 7 years from now when Brady's retired and we're rebuilding. :D

Also, and I'm sure you guys have beaten this to death, but you should have won that game. Butler made a fantastic play but he should have never had the chance to. I mean if you're going to throw it at least do play action or something, I hope Carroll can keep the locker room together.

Also while I'm here I want to remind you of happier times by personally thanking you for beating the Broncos last year (and this year too) as a Patriots fan I can not root for Seyton Manning. I'll never get my fellow fans who are like "Oh it's a better rivalry if he's equal" or "I always root for the AFC" It'd be like you guys rooting for the 49ers in the Super Bowl against the Ratbirds.

Anyway that's what I wanted to say, thanks to the mods for finally approving my registration. Best of luck next year ( unless you play us again :D )

THEN GO AWAY AND DIE!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
NSPatsFan":324wewjd said:
TeamoftheCentury":324wewjd said:

TeamoftheCentury":324wewjd said:

So in the 20 or so years you have seen 7 superbowls and 4 wins....seems like a good life for a fan. 1/3 of the Seasons you have watched have resulted in a superbowl appearances

That perfect season ended by the giants made me pissed off i cant even imagine how pats fans felt....So pissed Moss didnt get a ring, hes in my top 3 fav players of all time