Just when I think I'm OK.... it pulls me back in.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Maybe it is because I've been a Seahawk fan my entire life. (Well, since I can remember, to be fair)

Maybe it is because I had to watch this Superbowl alone, as I was at a conference. I mean I had multiple chats going, which got me through the game, but other than that, it was particularly brutal. But I chose solo vs. watching with people I didn't know well.

Maybe it is because last year's SB victory spoiled me. It has been a a time like no other, to be a Seahawk fan.

Maybe it is because despite the odds being stacked against our beloved Seahawks, they rallied, in a big way, to win the NFC West, make the playoffs, and get HFA again.

Maybe it is because they battled back through so much adversity to pull off a miracle win, for a seemingly improbable 2nd consecutive Superbowl appearance.

Maybe it is because despite an onslaught of injuries, including 75% of the LOB, they battled like the champions that they are & gave all they had.

Maybe it is because despite letting a 10 point lead slip away, Russell led them on a drive for the ages, capped off by a most improbable catch, getting my hopes up knowing what was just 5 yards away.

Maybe it is because even though we have the toughest RB in the league, and the smartest, most mobile QB in the league, we chose a pass play (which in itself I don't have a problem with) that required a backup WR, with questionable discipline & execution to fight to a spot & catch a laser like pass.

Maybe it is all of this... and that I know how rare Superbowl trips are, for any franchise, let alone one that has been challenged at best to get above .500, before the last few seasons.

Whatever it is... I'm still not OK. I still can't move on. I still can't be optimistic they can do it again next year.

I'm not saying I don't believe... I'm just not there yet.

P.S. Thread title is a Godfather III reference.

#GoHawks

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Haha. Brother, there are times I feel the same way. However, I look at the injuries this team had, especially defensively and at the tail end of the season and I am very optimistic about the future of this team. We have a healthy team, especially on the defensive side of the ball, and this game isn't even close.

I am excited to see what PC/JS do during this off season. Lots of tough decisions to make, but I feel they will continue to keep this success going and keep us Hawks fans spoiled.

I always enjoy our chats during the games, and look forward to them next year. And when this team makes it back to the Super Bowl on Santa Clara's homefield, we will watch it together.

And lastly, we can't forget our annual trek westward to a game. I can't wait!!

#GOHAWKS

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I agree...maybe a round at Stone Ridge later this spring will help. Prolly coming up in March for a day or so. I have a friend I want to hook up with there and visit my parents in O-town. Always compete....We all we got..We all we need. Go Hawks.

DHawk

Reaction score
Its okay. I was good until I was walking through Costco the other day and saw the TOP 5 SUPER BOWL PLAYS!!! $!#%^!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm less bothered by it than I thought I might be. Probably because SB VLVIII made me pinch myself and splash water on my face several times after waiting 38 years.

I avoid listening to, or reading about things that irritate me, like how all-world QB Tom Brady single-handedly tore up the vaunted Seattle 'D (at full strength, I'm sure!).' I really hope Russell isn't hanging in there, in glory-hound fashion at age 38, talking about how he's 'still got a lot on football' in him. This is a young man's game nowadays, so I'm happy to see QB's at least thinking about retiring at that age, so the young, promising guys get a chance.