Is Doug Baldwin a Mal-Content?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I know most are fed up with his antics since his SBXLIX charade.

But does he pose a problem for Wilson going into the future?

Is he becoming a distraction?

Baldwin is one of my favorite players and if I were to get a jersey at the begining of last year it would have been between #89 or #31.

I know Doug's passionate and is one hell of an effecient WR but another poster the other day pointed out some huge red flags that Baldwin might have with Wilson.

Not saying something like that exists but if it did would the Seahawks take action to remedy it?

As in snuff Baldwin? He only signed a three year deal. And Wilson will be here much longer than that.

I dont think they'd flat out release him but I could see a trade.

Colts could use an elite slot WR to complement Tye Hilton's speed as they're liking moving on from Wayne. And already being familarized with Luck would just sweeten the deal. Baldwin for a late 3rd Round pick seems fair.

The pick for the Seahawks is nice on top of the money saved because it would also give them options in pursuing a guy like Vincent Jackson or a Fitzgerald or a Cobb.

And this is the route I would want most if trading Baldwin was ever the case (which to be honest is only like a 10% feel, dont think it would happen unless a team reaches out to the Seahawks first)

But I really want Martellus Bennett. For some reason this eats away at me from time to time. Maybe its Michael Bennett or that Marty is just a freakin good TE. Either way I want Bennett more than Fitzgerald... And believe me Fitz on the Seahawks has been a reoccuring dream.

Back on topic...trade scenario two is...

Baldwin + Zach Miller for Bennett.

Seahawks get probably the 2nd Best All-Around TE in the NFL. Someone who'll command a lot of respect and attention from opponents.

Bears get a cheap, proven and elite slot WR to pair with Ashlon Jeffrey. It allows them to cut or trade Brandon Marshall. Baldwin can say wassup to Tate. Plus, the Bears get a proven all-around TE that they can cut or keep depending if Fox and Gase want to make a run at Julius Thomas. Also a name the Bears players have familarity with as they also had a Zach Miller at TE.

Just win-win for both sides.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I'll say this, they had enough of Percy and moved on mid season if they think Doug is a problem he'll be shown the door Harvin of course was a much greater talented they moved on from.

I'm tried of his act, the poop celebration was more so out of line that I lost all respect for him to pull that selfish move in the biggest game for his team was beyond stupid.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its the off-season.

I would also like to point out Ive got nothing against Baldwin...No problem with his celebration... I think he's hilarious and a great player.

This is merely a hypothetical on what the Seahawks could do if they felt he was putting himself above the team and if he did in fact had an issue with Wilson.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I tended to tolerate Baldwin's actions the last couple of years but I can easily say he is my least favorite Seahawk after the crap he took on the organization and all its fans during the Super Bowl and when asked about it he feels he did nothing wrong.

I have sent 2 different complaints to the organization about his actions and have heard nothing back so apparently they are taking the, it is OK because he is "Angry Doug" attitude! I was on the fence with him until that game, how does anyone think squatting over a ball and acting like you are defecating could possibly be an appropriate celebration? He has to know many fans are upset about this yet he feels there is no need to apologize? I know kids didn't see it live but I'm sure most have seen it now, how would you feel if you saw a kid do that at a peewee football game?

It cracks me up that we are taking the high and mighty attitude when people ask about how they would feel if Suh ended up on our team when we have someone as disrespectful as Baldwin on our team? Before you flame me remember he pretended to pull his pants down and then squatted over the ball he had just scored a TD with and pretended it was the results of his defecation and then had talked his partner Kearse into coming over and being part of his show.

After all this he has said he was just having fun (even though he earlier had said it was directed at someone and they would know what it meant). As a father a 13 year old Seahawk fan I have never respected a player less because he feels he did nothing wrong and I'm seriously starting to question the organization because they have addressed it in no way!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He's a young guy who still shows poor judgment at times. But he hasn't been arrested or cheated in any way, so we should be able to let it go if he shows maturity.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
peppersjap":h94l3rjf said:
I tended to tolerate Baldwin's actions the last couple of years but I can easily say he is my least favorite Seahawk after the crap he took on the organization and all its fans during the Super Bowl and when asked about it he feels he did nothing wrong. I have sent 2 different complaints to the organization about his actions and have heard nothing back so apparently they are taking the, it is OK because he is "Angry Doug" attitude! I was on the fence with him until that game, how does anyone think squatting over a ball and acting like you are defecating could possibly be an appropriate celebration? He has to know many fans are upset about this yet he feels there is no need to apologize? I know kids didn't see it live but I'm sure most have seen it now, how would you feel if you saw a kid do that at a peewee football game?
It cracks me up that we are taking the high and mighty attitude when people ask about how they would feel if Suh ended up on our team when we have someone as disrespectful as Baldwin on our team? Before you flame me remember he pretended to pull his pants down and then squatted over the ball he had just scored a TD with and pretended it was the results of his defecation and then had talked his partner Kearse into coming over and being part of his show. After all this he has said he was just having fun (even though he earlier had said it was directed at someone and they would know what it meant). As a father a 13 year old Seahawk fan I have never respected a player less because he feels he did nothing wrong and I'm seriously starting to question the organization because they have addressed it in no way!
Lol... This post is hilarious. We're talking about a guy that has always given his all to the organization and fans want him gone because he pretended to crap out a football after scoring a TD?

A

Anonymous

peppersjap":365brhd4 said:
I tended to tolerate Baldwin's actions the last couple of years but I can easily say he is my least favorite Seahawk after the crap he took on the organization and all its fans during the Super Bowl and when asked about it he feels he did nothing wrong.

I have sent 2 different complaints to the organization about his actions and have heard nothing back so apparently they are taking the, it is OK because he is "Angry Doug" attitude! I was on the fence with him until that game, how does anyone think squatting over a ball and acting like you are defecating could possibly be an appropriate celebration? He has to know many fans are upset about this yet he feels there is no need to apologize? I know kids didn't see it live but I'm sure most have seen it now, how would you feel if you saw a kid do that at a peewee football game?

It cracks me up that we are taking the high and mighty attitude when people ask about how they would feel if Suh ended up on our team when we have someone as disrespectful as Baldwin on our team? Before you flame me remember he pretended to pull his pants down and then squatted over the ball he had just scored a TD with and pretended it was the results of his defecation and then had talked his partner Kearse into coming over and being part of his show.

After all this he has said he was just having fun (even though he earlier had said it was directed at someone and they would know what it meant). As a father a 13 year old Seahawk fan I have never respected a player less because he feels he did nothing wrong and I'm seriously starting to question the organization because they have addressed it in no way!

Dude. Paragraphs...

FIFY

Rob12

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":91te76kq said:
Its the off-season.

I would also like to point out Ive got nothing against Baldwin...No problem with his celebration... I think he's hilarious and a great player.

This is merely a hypothetical on what the Seahawks could do if they felt he was putting himself above the team and if he did in fact had an issue with Wilson.

In my eyes, he already put himself above the team by preemptively giving Tom Brady an extra 15 yards and putting pressure on our defense.

Dude had one catch for three yards and a ref-assisted TD.

I've grown very tired of Doug. Grow up or move on, 89.

Rob12

Reaction score
Given our cap situation, I have an honest question: Is Baldwin worth $4M?

Could we possibly sign Shorts and Britt/D. Moore for that amount?

Rob12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2h7gn2g6 said:
He's a young guy who still shows poor judgment at times. But he hasn't been arrested or cheated in any way, so we should be able to let it go if he shows maturity.

Part of being mature, even at his age, is admitting a mistake after the fact. He hurt his team. He put our organization in a negative light. Most don't care what others think, but some do. I'm not one of them, but I can understand how that penalty chapped a lot of people's *****.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rob12":1uo217ja said:
hawknation2015":1uo217ja said:

Part of being mature, even at his age, is admitting a mistake after the fact. He hurt his team. He put our organization in a negative light. Most don't care what others think, but some do. I'm not one of them, but I can understand how that penalty chapped a lot of people's *****.

I would rather he apologize to the team privately. Making a big public statement will just attract more attention to the embarrassment.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We're really mad over something that doesn't matter?

And if you're worried about a message to a kid, maybe you need to worry about your parenting skills. These dudes should never reach larger than life status to someone, whether its Doug, Russell, Sherman, or Lynch.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If Baldwin was as a big problem for Russ he would already be gone and if he was as great a WR as he thinks he already is his buddy Andy of Nazerith would have already sent for him.

At this point he is a solid but not spectacular performer who needs to start living up to his cap hit. I hope next season we hear less talk and see more action from him. In hind site it sure looks as if we needed Tate a whole lot more than Baldwin.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I'll let the Seahawks front office worry about Baldwin's antics. I just want him to do what he gets paid to do and that is catch balls, and that he does very well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No one got punched, no illegal drugs were used, nobody got hurt, though a few defensive players may wish to have words with Doug. It was a rather ill conceived TD celebration with a message sent which could have been better thought out. I love DB. He's a very good players who plays hard and speaks out when he thinks BS is happening. In every other way he's a very solid citizen and I know this from talking with him in a relaxed setting. He is a very bright and considerate thoughtful person, so this celebration is out of context for him and he shouldn't allow the Prime Time's, etc. of the world to get under his skin.

I suspect he regrets this rather juvenile display of emotion, and has $ 11,000+ reasons besides his his now otherwise unbesmirched reputation to think over after this error of judgment which probably had more to do with being ADB than being intentionally foolish.

Trading him from the team b/c he made a mistake that ultimately he is and will pay for? C'Mon, really??? As it's the off season and everything is worthy of consideration it's an interesting idea but getting a 3rd for him is pipe dream stuff, besides he's signed to an advantageous contract to the team and he has a good rapport with RW. On another team with a better OC he'd put up Tate like numbers and he is worth more to the team than many acknowledge.

I'm sure Pete has already spoken to him about not doing things that intentionally put the team in a more difficult situation. I know eventually he and the other WRs here will get their recognition as genuinely solid players, but pooping out a football isn't the way it'll get done.

Rob12

Reaction score
Throwdown":2201wa3y said:
We're really mad over something that doesn't matter?

And if you're worried about a message to a kid, maybe you need to worry about your parenting skills. These dudes should never reach larger than life status to someone, whether its Doug, Russell, Sherman, or Lynch.

It was embarrassing. When he can back it up with his play, he can act stupid. I'm perfectly fine with Beast grabbing his sack. It typically always happens after a big play and he backs it up.

Doug needs to quit worrying about what talking heads on television think and produce. He was a ghost all game long. I don't care if he was covered by Revis or not.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
So because Baldwin got a penalty during the SB he's now a malcontent with issues with Russ? This is why I hate the offseason.

What next? Lynch grabbing his crotch means he hates Paul Allen and puppies?