Anyone Else Think the #12 "Fan" Jerseys Are Dumb

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone else feel this way? I love being a part of the "12th man" here in Seattle, but don't really understand why anyone would want to by a jersey that says "Fan" on the back. To me, it's just kind of corny.

Sorry if I offended anyone, i'm sure many posters on here have that jersey. Just seeing if anyone else has the same feeling.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Well, #12 won't get traded or take a pretend dump in front of the world. We got that going for us. Low risk of issues arising.

Myself, I ride with #24.

Ranker777

Reaction score
I wonder what the players really think of them. I am sure they would rather see their # in the stands instead.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
what other team gave their fans a number? I have an assortment of a bunch of them including the 12. No name on the back would probably be better though. Only problem with getting a player jerseys is usually they don't last long and end up somewhere else. How many of you wear a Harvin. Tate, Rice, Clemons, Bryant still?? I want to get a Lynch but at most he will be here 2 more years. Although I think he would be right up there with legends like Jones, Largent etc...especially if they gave him one more run...

Chapman

Reaction score
I've got a 12 with my name on the back.
I agree with just leaving Fan on there.
The only reason I have my name on mine is because it was a gift.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree that not having "Fan" on the back would be better. I'd probably wear a 12 jersey with no name. The "FAN" thing just seems a bit corny to me.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I have a "FAN" one. It matters not to me. I know that I am a FAN of my team. It is the other logos, colors, and the play of the players that dont EMBARRASS me that make me the fan.

pehawk

Reaction score
For whatever reason it feels reminiscent of wearing a coco-cola hat or John Deer cap.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
It's been that way from the beginning and if you really think about, it makes sense. That's the jersey I wear on game days; that's what makes us a "part of the team." Have no problem with those that put their own names them either. It's tradition - embrace it or move on. Sorry...I would have to question any "true" fan that doesn't get it...

sutz

Reaction score
Chapman":1wq1up31 said:
I've got a 12 with my name on the back.
I agree with just leaving Fan on there.
The only reason I have my name on mine is because it was a gift.
Yeah, that's how I roll. "FAN" was a bit too lame for me, so I had a custom done with my screen name on it. That way, if a netter spotted me, he'd know. ;)

But it's a personal preference, TBS. Putting my name on a numbered player jersey doesn't seem right if I put my name on it.

:229031_shrug:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Is this just a thing where new members come on and their first posts are about how other .net members are dumb, do dumb things, or write idiotic posts?

Just a phase or what?

Edit: Not an attack on OP, btw. Just didnt feel like making a thread about it.

marko358

Reaction score
I ordered one from what turned out to be a Chinese knock off site. Says flan on the back of mine.

Ranker777

Reaction score
BlueTalons":giclah9p said:
It's been that way from the beginning and if you really think about, it makes sense. That's the jersey I wear on game days; that's what makes us a "part of the team." Have no problem with those that put their own names them either. It's tradition - embrace it or move on. Sorry...I would have to question any "true" fan that doesn't get it...

You're not part of the team.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
marko358":3mhq4l43 said:
I ordered one from what turned out to be a Chinese knock off site. Says flan on the back of mine.

Flan!

Flan1

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Why care what others have on the back of their jersey that they spent their money on. They are still showing their support for the team with the jersey and to the NFL with the money spent to buy it. The teams also benefit from the sale from the revenue sharing so its win/win/win all around.

I have no issue with the folks that happen to wear one of the top 15 selling NFL jerseys in the last year. I cant picture why any fan of the team would have an issue but eh, to each their own.