To move on we must look forward

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok we all have bashed Bevell, dissected the last play, and are or I hope on the way to seeing that we achieved a great amount of success last year and that the heart we played with was unmatched in the Super Bowl.

Now looking at next year, yes it is early but knowing the state of first the NFC West and then the Conference and then looking at the league.

First : The West

Seattle will need to rebuild their Defensive staff, on many teams this would be a big hurdle, not so much here, our defense is Petes defense, he needs teachers and motivators to come in and someone that has good play vision and anticipation to call the formations on game day. With his long tenure in both the NFL and in College I think we will see a pretty seamless transition, Richard is detailed oriented based on how our DB's play and study. The unknown is will he be aggressive or conservative with his defensive sets and attacks. The rest I think will be fine, Pete will bring the right attitude and level of teaching to keep our defense on track.

Replacing players lost, we have a lot of mid round picks this year, what was used to build our current roster, I have no doubt that JS is busy attacking the holes and needs for the planned release of certain players as well as bringing in depth for those we have here and will stay.

Arizona :

They need to replace their DC as well, Arians is a offensive guy, who he brings in and the turnover of that staff on that side of the ball is going to be the key to see if they can maintain the threat to overtake the Seahawks, of the 4 teams in this division they are the team I think could rise and or drop farthest. Palmer has to be healthy, they got by on smoke and mirrors much to Arian credit when Palmer went down, the playoffs showed that missing your starter at QB can cause to happen. If they feel he is porcelain they may go QB again this draft. additionally they like us were hit hard with injuries, getting their player back on defense is also key.

Rams :

On defense I don't expect any difference, aggressive and dirty to many they will maintain what they do, on offense well new OC again, Does Bradford stay? does Davis step up? doe they dare I say draft again? huge question marks, although I read that the new OC was a OC at Fresno State, not sure when but they have been a offensive juggernaut in the past, a more pass and wing it offense could be on the table, they have brought a lot of receivers in there, if I had to choose a QB to run it, it would be Davis and not Bradford. This is the Joker in the division, not sure which side of the coin will end up face up. I do think it will take a bit of time for anything to sync up if it is a wholesale change.

49ers :

Oh I do pity the fans there, the debacle that is happening hurts us all not just them, as a division we are stronger when we are all pushing each other, I see this as being Kaeps last hurrah there, I think we see them floundering early on, maybe the fans will get lucky and the 49ers will be so bad that a changed is forced mid season and the F.O. is forced to hire a legitimate Coach that will be more then a puppet for York and Baalke.

The Conference as a whole :

I think GB steps back and maybe Detroit or Minny takes it away from them this year, Falcons and Panthers are going to be a dogfight for the division, Bucs could also step up and surprise, Cowboys and Eagles will duke it out in the East, I see the Giants falling back again, not because they lose much, but because the Cowboys and Eagles step ahead more.

So a way to early prediction Seahawks, Minnesota, Cowboys and Falcons with Arizona and the Eagles as Wild Cards, Sorry Saints not next year.

The AFC:

The West : Oakland is going to be my surprise team, I think they take the West next year, brought in some good coaches and they have a lot of pieces and a draft that will help a lot, they are no longer cash strapped as well.

The East : Patriots as much as I hate to see them add to their history, Bills, Jest starting over pretty much, Dolphins are Jekyll and Hyde and will continue to be as long as the present F.O is in place.

The North : Ravens take it, I think the Bengals window has been open as long as it can be without being pushed closed again, Browns are a mess still with no real legitimate starter at QB, and the Steelers have a huge hole to fill on defense with their DC's departure.

The South : Texans take it, Colts runner up, Jags improve but not yet and the Titans once again a mess.

AFC will be Oakland, Ravens, Texans and Patriots, Wild Cards Broncos, and Colts.

Yes it is early but looking ahead is the best way for me to restoke the fires and regain my sanity and put disappointment in the past.

Granted this is with out transactions and draft, but more based on Coaching and what transpired at the end of the season, this whole thought process could change in 5 months when I see teams make trades, draft and or cut players. But for now I have moved on.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Ok, you said it's way too early. Sure enough.

I'm not really a predictions guy, but I think one can take a general look at what teams showed in 2014 and make some comments. Sort of a current state of affairs with what is known.

The two divisions that I could see being more competitive than usual are the AFC East and the NFC North. The AFC West has been competitive enough even though it's been the Broncos. Oakland should be better. But the other two divisions could see some surprise team challenge the perennial division winner.

The Packers weren't exactly world beaters all season. They won some close games. I think that division could get interesting with John Fox taking over in Chicago and the staff he put together there. I'm with you on Minnesota. I'm not sure they'll contend just yet, but they are headed in the right direction and are loading up with young talent and I think have the right coach. They may very well be a team to be reckoned with soon enough. Detroit will be motivated and in the 2nd year under Jim Caldwell. McCarthy just relinquished play calling duties to the OC, so changes going on there.

The AFC East has been owned by the Patriots. Buffalo has some talent there. The Defense is already pretty good and now Rex Ryan comes in. Todd Bowles will instill toughness in the Jets. The Dolphins beat the Patriots last year and the Jets always play them tough like the Rams and Seahawks. That Super Bowl slump might very well show up. The Patriots are still the Patriots, though. I can just see that division being a bit more competitive.

You know who the Steelers new DC is, don't you? Former Seahawk Keith Butler. They have some young talent with the likes of Shazier. Antonio Brown is scary good. Yes, the Ravens are tough, but I don't know about counting the Steelers out.

The NFC West should be a battle between the Seahawks and Cardinals again. Perhaps even could meet in the NFC Championship. The 49ers and Rams have some question marks, but probably good enough to make the NFC West the best division in 2015. Not sure about that NFC South. The Falcons have a lot of work to do. Can't count out Carolina or New Orleans.

Just real broad stroke thoughts and so much off-season to play out. But, that's how I see it looking forward this far away from the start of the 2015 season.

LTH

Reaction score
It was an incredible season lets focas on the highs of the season... there are a lot of things to like about this team... RW for one he is just a great QB... If you guys focas on the positive the negitive will be much less...

LTH

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I love this team! I love their heart, talent, and desire to be great.

We have lots of good things to look forward to: RW is just getting started, our Offense will jell even more. Another year for our OL to grow; and a healthy Richardson and Norwood, will bring more fire power.

Our Defense will be even stronger with some of our DL coming back from IR and hopefully the LOB gets healthy. (The fact they played with such, IMHO, major injuries, just gets me more fired up about next year!

Plus, there's still free agency and the draft.

We're gonna be a bunch lionagators!! :les:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I love looking ahead and analyzing how things are going to look.

On the NFC West:

Arizona. They're aging on defense, so it's to be expected that they will get some more injuries. Their secondary is still really good, and they'll be getting Washington back. Depending on how their new DC adjusts, I can see them pushing Seattle for the division, but I also don't see a run like last year. It was just too flukey.

Rams. They have the defensive talent. Their OL is getting better, but they still have questions at QB. Until they get those questions answered, they will be fighting with the Niners to stay out of the basement in this division. Until they prove it, they'll be considered the bottom dog.

SF. this team could come back and challenge Seattle for the division, or win 6 games. I think if they go back to a running, read option offense with kaepernick, they will win a lot more games. They'll get Bowman and Willis back next year, but their DL depth is suspect and Justin Smith is a year older. They are aging, and their secondary over achieved last year. They have average talent in that defensive secondary. New Coaching staff is a wild card, if I had to make a prognostication, I'd say they take a step back. Their window is closing.

For the NFC, the Packers are still up there with us. They took it to us in the NFCCG, and they get us at home, so they're exorcising those Seahawk demons. They need to improve on defense, but their OL looks a lot better and they have balance on offense, so they will be tough to stop.

Minnesota I see taking a step forward. they have young talent and their HC looks to be the real deal. It also helps to get Adrian Peterson back.

I think Detroit takes a step back. They're going to lose Suh; they can't afford him and it sounds like he doesn't want to be there anymore. Fairly has been unimpressive lately, and the strength of that defense was the front 7. With the loss of Suh, it will take a step back.

New Orleans could win their division if they can somehow scrap what happened to them last year on defense and find their 2013 form. Panthers still need offensive weapons outside and some secondary help. Falcons could be good under Quinn if he can fix their putrid defense, but it's a lot replacing a guy in Smith that's been there a long time.

For the AFC, I see the Patriots winning that division. The Jets don't have a QB and have a new HC, so it's a reset mode out there. Same with Buffalo, except Buffalo has better defensive personnel. Dolphins are really inconsistent but they could put a wild card season together.

I don't see the Browns doing anything. There's just too much turmoil, with Josh Gordon and now Johny Manziel going to rehab. Bengals will always be held back by their average QB. The Ravens are the most balanced team, but it remains to be seen if their new OC can keep the balance going on offense.

The Steelers have one of the best, most balanced offenses in the NFL. Their defense is aging, but has some bright new stars. I don't think you can easily replace a guy like LeBeau.

Seafan

Reaction score
I'm glad it isn't just the fans who are questioning Bevil. The players are as well. He needs to step up his game or ship out. I knew after the San Diego game the Hawks weren't going to repeat with Bevil calling the offense. The team seriously needs to upgrade it's WR/TE talent.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I appreciate Chris' effort on this thread...... still fun but it may be a bit early to see how things shake out. Without addressing the white elephant in the room and situations that involve said individual, I think the Hawks 2 biggest issues in 2015 will be health (how our stud players recover from injury) and fatigue as they have played 19 meaningful games in back to back years. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks drop off a bit for those 2 reasons alone, I hope I am dead wrong on that however.

LTH

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3fdv48qq said:
I appreciate Chris' effort on this thread...... still fun but it may be a bit early to see how things shake out. Without addressing the white elephant in the room and situations that involve said individual, I think the Hawks 2 biggest issues in 2015 will be health (how our stud players recover from injury) and fatigue as they have played 19 meaningful games in back to back years. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks drop off a bit for those 2 reasons alone, I hope I am dead wrong on that however.

Health is my biggest concern as well especially on the D... However they have some time to work out guys to fill in and with all the success they had this year with all the injury's I am encouraged with PC and JS... These guys are really good at finding talent and if there are some injury situations that dont get resolved in time I have confidance that it will get worked out... if not it could be an interesting season.... who knows the O might carry the D for a while...

LTH

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LTH":127s2x64 said:
Sports Hernia":127s2x64 said:

I have 'confidance'
LTH

Is that like a soft-shoed version of confidence, or just confidence that you got some moves?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :mrgreen: Super Bowl loser + player health ( 2 long seasons; 2 very short off-seasons) + coach poaching + normal FA losses makes the task ahead of us tough for sure, but I'd choose no other coach and staff for it.

What do you bet that Carroll and Snyder don't get due recognition if they succeed? Always puzzling to me that COY candidates get such heavy weighting for 'turning around' what wasn't so great the year before, when many times that's largely because of the players finally learning enough and gelling with one another. String 3 Super Bowl trips together and you end up as just a footnote with maybe 1 or 2 votes...LOL! Which is more consistently outstanding?

LTH

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":383nuwn4 said:
LTH":383nuwn4 said:
Sports Hernia":383nuwn4 said:

I have 'confidance'
LTH

Is that like a soft-shoed version of confidence, or just confidence that you got some moves?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :mrgreen: Super Bowl loser + player health ( 2 long seasons; 2 very short off-seasons) + coach poaching + normal FA losses makes the task ahead of us tough for sure, but I'd choose no other coach and staff for it.

What do you bet that Carroll and Snyder don't get due recognition if they succeed? Always puzzling to me that COY candidates get such heavy weighting for 'turning around' what wasn't so great the year before, when many times that's largely because of the players finally learning enough and gelling with one another. String 3 Super Bowl trips together and you end up as just a footnote with maybe 1 or 2 votes...LOL! Which is more consistently outstanding?

Im not exactly sure what your talking about but the one thing I know is that PC and JS dont care about recognition...

LTH

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":341h5um0 said:
If New England can constantly be playing in multiple playoff games for nearly 15 years in a row I expect nothing less from the Seahawks. Elite players figure out how to take care of themselves so they can continue being so.

LTH

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3dmz5yes said:
Sports Hernia":3dmz5yes said:
If New England can constantly be playing in multiple playoff games for nearly 15 years in a row I expect nothing less from the Seahawks. Elite players figure out how to take care of themselves so they can continue being so.

Its amazing to me that those guys take the physical abuse they do... totally amazing!

LTH

Barthawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":aowwv7jv said:
I love this team! I love their heart, talent, and desire to be great.

We have lots of good things to look forward to: RW is just getting started, our Offense will jell even more. Another year for our OL to grow; and a healthy Richardson and Norwood, will bring more fire power.

Our Defense will be even stronger with some of our DL coming back from IR and hopefully the LOB gets healthy. (The fact they played with such, IMHO, major injuries, just gets me more fired up about next year!

Plus, there's still free agency and the draft.

We're gonna be a bunch lionagators!! :les:

Agree! I hope the offseason surgeries go well and the men are able mend quickly. A lot of key players were pretty nicked up at the end and each face a difficult road back to good health. I bet Earl has never been this injured in his life... that will present a challenge for him.

Get our guys healthy and draft well, and look out because we are coming again.