Kris Richard Named Defensive Coordinator (Among 4 Others)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/564946710175432705[/tweet]

Pretty much expected, but good to hear it all the same

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-Announce-Coaching-Changes/20049667-54b8-42b4-9e70-0de3534b006b[/urltargetblank]

Defensive backs coach Kris Richard promoted to defensive coordinator among four coaching moves by Seattle Seahawks today.

B9cYc6KCQAArIPu

cdallan

Reaction score
Don't know if he's ready, but he stands the best chance of anyone in keeping things running like they are currently. No need for any drastic change.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Guess I never really thought of Lofa as a coach. Looking forward to having Richard as the DC though!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
cdallan":eut04jl1 said:
Don't know if he's ready, but he stands the best chance of anyone in keeping things running like they are currently. No need for any drastic change.

Pete has systems in place that he's used for a long time. Bringing up Richard along with hiring his son and Tatupu should make it easier to transition, as these guys should already be well versed in the system.

Hyak

Reaction score
Man the defensive coaching staff is pretty young. Interesting dynamic as they should relate to the players well but I wonder if they also need a seasoned vet on that side (knowing that Pete obviously is heavily engaged there).

No mention of a change with Seto's role. I wonder if a DB coach is on the way.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Lofa! That is awesome. Really wish Norton was still around. Anyone know anything about Barrow?

Hyak

Reaction score
I remember Barrow as a player and he was an excellent LB. He was smart, athletic, and intense.

As a coach, I don't know much about him but I suspect what he brought as a player translates.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
JTB":rjoyw0xh said:
Man the defensive coaching staff is pretty young. Interesting dynamic as they should relate to the players well but I wonder if they also need a seasoned vet on that side (knowing that Pete obviously is heavily engaged there).

No mention of a change with Seto's role. I wonder if a DB coach is on the way.

Pete Carroll himself is the seasoned vet.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1kbj6zyd said:
Hasselbeck called it. I love this move!

He was damn close anyway. He called for him to replace Norton, and that was a bit of a stretch as he had no real coaching experience, but the Assistant position is a perfect fit, and probably as close as it could possibly get, so bonus points for that.

Jville

Reaction score
My goodness, there are four coaches listed for the offensive line. Tom Cable and 3 assistants .... Pat Ruel, Chris Morgan and now Brennan Carroll.

swagcity21

Reaction score
Love these moves. And it shows that Pete and the FO are in tune with the history of our team. Bringing Lofa and Barrow In gives our LB's leadership and validity to the position as these guys have played the position. Lofa specifically has also played in the Super Bowl and brings that experience.

Good Hires all around. so who takes the DB coaching spot? Anyone want to throw a name out there that sounds realistic, maybe NW ties??? Trufant??

McGruff

Reaction score
Anyone who didn't think Lofa would be a coach wasn't watching. He was never the most physically gifted player, but he was successful for two reasons, both of which translate directly to coaching.

First, he worked harder than anyone.

And second, he had an uncanny football IQ. He diagnosed plays better than any MLB I've ever seen and knew what everyone else on the field was supposed to be doing.

McGruff

Reaction score
swagcity21":29luq4g1 said:
Love these moves. And it shows that Pete and the FO are in tune with the history of our team. Bringing Lofa and Barrow In gives our LB's leadership and validity to the position as these guys have played the position. Lofa specifically has also played in the Super Bowl and brings that experience.

Good Hires all around. so who takes the DB coaching spot? Anyone want to throw a name out there that sounds realistic, maybe NW ties??? Trufant??

Lawyer . . .

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
swagcity21":2bhcwf5j said:

I don't see Lofa as being in tune with our history so much as a history with Pete. Pete coached him at SC so he's got his own history there. I think it's more about bringing in people who know his systems. It doesn't hurt that Lofa is an ex Seahawk, that's for sure.

endzorn

Reaction score
Of our former linebackers I really thought Aaron Curry would make a better coach than Lofa.

A

Anonymous

So, for the record,

Is it pronounced "Richard", as in Richard Sherman, or "Rishard" like the Canadian way?

It's another RUSkull/RusKELL kinda thing, isn't it?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":32ohuq2o said:
So, for the record,

Is it pronounced "Richard", as in Richard Sherman, or "Rishard" like the Canadian way?

I have only heard it pronounced "the Canadian way"