No Tommy John's (sherman)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah that's kinda where I'm at.

If Sherman and the team Dr.'s truly think no surgery is needed and he can just rehab, then that's great news. But if this is one of those "let's see how rehab and the arm responds once training camp starts before doing something drastic like Tommy John surgery"......................then that makes me nervous.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Glad to see Dr. Andrews advising caution rather than just leaping in to perform surgery. I figure he's pretty much THE authority, so that seems to me to suggest that the injury wasn't as bad as initially feared.

Plus, the article said he's going to take another look in a month, so it's not like they're just going to ignore it until June.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Tommy John is for throwing athletes. I had Tommy John my senior year of college and the doctor said it was totally unnecessary now that my baseball career was over. The only reason I went through with it is because my growth plate broke off and my tricep detached.

There's nothing to worry about on this one. It's a major deal for baseball players because throwing causes so much stress on your elbow. You don't get anything like that with any other sport, including weight lifting. It really is a throwing specific surgery. Sherman's was just a freak injury.

Latest posts