John Schneider interview on 710

kidhawk

Reaction score
Interesting note....when discussing Lynch, he said the expected stuff about how they didn't want to set precedent last year by negotiating a contract with 2 years on it. Said he'd have guys lined up outside his door if they did that. Added that they have told him, and Marshawn knows that they want him back. The most interesting thing I took from it though, was that Schneider said they don't know if he even wants to come back. It didn't sound like he's leaning on leaving or anything like that, but it seemed he wanted to give him time to get away from the game and evaluate his personal situation and decide if he wants to come back.

So for those who may have believed there was a contract already done, this sounds extremely unlikely.

It does sound like he's right on top of things and everything is going on schedule.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
John Schneider: "We're going to get this thing back on track."

:179417:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have to be honest....listening to John Schneider makes me ready to move forward and into the off season to prepare for the 2015 season and another Super Bowl run.

Hyak

Reaction score
The mindset of Carroll and Schneider is pretty amazing. Always moving forward in a positive manner. The goal is multiple championships and being perennial contenders to win championships.

I also love how they are committed to doing it their way. The "model" and what other teams do is irrelevant.

That's really all you can ask for as a fan base.

grizbob

Reaction score
kidhawk":41t2jzn2 said:
I have to be honest....listening to John Schneider makes me ready to move forward and into the off season to prepare for the 2015 season and another Super Bowl run.

:13: Yup, time quit rehashing the past and start realizing we have so much to look forward to :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":3351tsx1 said:
I'm good with that. :th2thumbs:

2014 is done and so is the Superbowl and nothing can be done to change that but we sure can change/improve the team for 2015 and going forward.

jblaze

Reaction score
Tons of really interesting info in that interview.

Sounds like we'll get 10 picks overall, not 11 so we likely won't get 4 comp picks but 3.

Sounds like RW's contract will be "out of the box" and JS hinted at RW taking a discount of sorts to allow the team to be competitive for the long term. This is great news! Note that this doesn't necessarily mean he'll take less, but maybe structured in a way to help the team or setup a restructure down the road.

Interesting info on Percy and his lack of fit.

JS like the "balance and depth" of this draft class. Has been working on it for a couple of months already.

They want Lynch back. Unsure if Lynch wants to come back. One thing is sure, either he'll retire or play under a new contract. He won't finish out his current contract. This could actually help us as his first year cap hit would be lower than his current 2015 number although it would extend it 2 years likely.

Great stuff overall. Here's the link for anyone who wants to listen:

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":3nc3xe7i said:
Tons of really interesting info in that interview.

Sounds like we'll get 10 picks overall, not 11 so we likely won't get 4 comp picks but 3.

Sounds like RW's contract will be "out of the box" and JS hinted at RW taking a discount of sorts to allow the team to be competitive for the long term. This is great news! Note that this doesn't necessarily mean he'll take less, but maybe structured in a way to help the team or setup a restructure down the road.

Interesting info on Percy and his lack of fit.

JS like the "balance and depth" of this draft class. Has been working on it for a couple of months already.

They want Lynch back. Unsure if Lynch wants to come back. One thing is sure, either he'll retire or play under a new contract. He won't finish out his current contract. This could actually help us as his first year cap hit would be lower than his current 2015 number although it would extend it 2 years likely.

Great stuff overall. Here's the link for anyone who wants to listen:

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

I was just coming here to post this. For those looking to hear it from the horses mouth and get a little excited for things to come, it's a great listen. I may never totally get over that loss, but I'm now ready to move on. Definitely a worthwhile listen.

On Wilson's extension, I didn't take it as much as a discount, but more that they will work out a contract that allows us to be able to keep other players. This may be more of just contract structure instead of actual discount. Will be interesting, I'm sure.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Best news out of this interview is Wilson already agreeing to get creative with his extension to help the Hawks be competitive for a long time.

All the rumors during the SB was that Wilson was flat out going for broke and was going to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. Schneider's comments tell me that's not true, and that Russell isn't blinded by holding a gun to the Hawk's head and telling them he needs to make 25M a year or else.

Interesting as hell to see how this works out, because if true could mean we COULD afford a guy like Suh or Fitzgerald.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":8jcizs9r said:

I kind of missed the details in this when I heard it the first time, but I was just re-listening to it and after he said "I think it's 10" he adds on that it depends on what they decide to do with the compensatory picks. Sounds like the formula Schneider is using says we get 3, but even he doesn't sound positive about it. I believe they announce these in March sometime. Either way though, whether it's 10 or 11, we are in pretty good shape with our draft capital this season and with the additional cap room, I think John can keep us in the mix for another Super Bowl run and I'm starting to get excited for it.

torontoseahawk

Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned before, but IF Lynch doesn't come back with us, anyone think the Hawks would at least approach Adrian Peterson....

kidhawk

Reaction score
torontoseahawk":1b1f8qg9 said:
I know this has been mentioned before, but IF Lynch doesn't come back with us, anyone think the Hawks would at least approach Adrian Peterson....

Can't approach Peterson as he's still under contract. They could approach the vikings, but the draft/player capital would be way too much.

jblaze

Reaction score
kidhawk":2w3hd5jm said:
jblaze":2w3hd5jm said:

I kind of missed the details in this when I heard it the first time, but I was just re-listening to it and after he said "I think it's 10" he adds on that it depends on what they decide to do with the compensatory picks. Sounds like the formula Schneider is using says we get 3, but even he doesn't sound positive about it. I believe they announce these in March sometime. Either way though, whether it's 10 or 11, we are in pretty good shape with our draft capital this season and with the additional cap room, I think John can keep us in the mix for another Super Bowl run and I'm starting to get excited for it.

I think they always expect less and anything above and beyond that is gravy. You have to plan for the worse and hope for the best. All the planning that goes into it is with the expectation of 3 but a 4th may be a "luxury" pick if other areas of the roster are already accounted for in need and depth with the 3.

Also something I will mention is that we typically move down in the draft to get 10-11 picks which is the volume drafting philosophy they like but perhaps they don't need to move down this year with the comp picks. That would be helpful.

One thing is clear, this year's draft is critical to the sustained success of our team going forward. 2013 and 2014 draft's were a little underwhelming in my opinion and I hope we get back to setting the curve on draft success this year.

jblaze

Reaction score
I think Lynch comes back with a new contract for 2 more years with no gteed money in 2016 so they team can get out if necessary. Might get 10m in 2015.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":s349ftxn said:

Amazing, isn't it? "Back on track" seem like words that would follow a ~4-12 season and NOT after losing a Super Bowl by 20 seconds and one yard.

This helps to move on from the loss and put it all in perspective. These are indeed good times!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":ws6m3m4a said:
Hawkfan77":ws6m3m4a said:

Amazing, isn't it? "Back on track" seem like words that would follow a ~4-12 season and NOT after losing a Super Bowl by 20 seconds and one yard.

This helps to move on from the loss and put it all in perspective. These are indeed good times!

"Back on track" to me means hitting on draft picks and supplementing with FA deals that are cap friendly to the team...........which if we're being honest hasn't been the case the past two years.

I like our 2014 draft class, but due to bad luck, injury, etc they weren't huge impact players in 2014. Add in the Harvin debacle and I can see where John and Pete want to get back to mining the draft for impact players and not feel desperate to find those impact and depth players in the expensive FA market.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Thanks again to Y'all for the links guys :th2thumbs:
Sounds like it's a beehive at the V.
We as fans can lament about the loss, and do a bunch of what ifs, and should have been about XLIX, but it sounds like there's no time to be in a dither about the loss for Pete, & john, as they are in a race to reset the schedule for next Season.
I really hope that Marshawn can sort out where he is health wise and whether or not he feels he can put it out there for another Year or two, put up with Goodells bullshit, or maybe just call it quits, I for one would love to see him back next Season, but either way he decides to go, I hope he makes that decision sooner rather than later.
Just a gut feeling of mine, but I think the Seahawks are going to be contenders a third Year in a row for the SB.
I thought it was funny as hell at the end of that interview, that those guys were throwing questions about John going after Fitzgerald & Suh LOL.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Let's play a game. Which player is Schneider referring to?

Q: How do you tell you really loves to play football before they're here?
"Just the way they play it. If you watch Marshawn Lynch run the ball in college, you pretty much know he loves football. Earl Thomas, the way he ran to the ball in college. We're going through it right now. We're watching players who don't finish plays. And what is that? What does that mean to you? It means there is a certain lack of intensity to them. And those players can't make it here. They will get passed over. And you can get tricked by the speed or the athleticism or the upside, and we've done that plenty of times here. And you have to be able to avoid those mistakes. If you do make those mistakes, you have to be able to compensate for them as quickly as you possibly can."

B9316107051Z1 20150202234642 000 GED9RPL691 0

Latest posts