New DB Coach?

Hyak

Reaction score
It would appear that Seto is staying in his role as pass defense coordinator. Any thoughts on who they bring in to coach the secondary now that Richard is the DC?

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Heath Farwell?

edited 4:05 pm - Heath was on KJR a bit ago. He said he feels better than he has in the last 2 years so he is going to try to play next year. He wants to keep going until he can't any longer.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Monte Kiffen?
Trufant?
Babineaux?
Milloy?

Hell...they arent coaches...

Kenny Easley
Ronnie Lott
Joey Browner

All 3 of them. It would be super fun.

LTH

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":nc512fol said:
Monte Kiffen?
Trufant?
Babineaux?
Milloy?

Hell...they arent coaches...

Kenny Easley
Ronnie Lott
Joey Browner

All 3 of them. It would be super fun.

Ronnie Lott? I love it!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We all know about Easley.

And you might know Ronnie Lott and Joey Browner are both highly regarded USC Trojan alumni.

But did you know...

Carroll coached Browner from 85-89 with the Vikings.

And Carroll also coached Ronnie Lott from 93-94 with Jets.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sometimes great players don't make great coaches. Some of the best coaches were never star players. Dwayne Walker would be my choice but he's already the Jags DB coach. Dang, Gus Bradley. I don't believe it's much of a need (in terms of being filled immediately) as Seto, Richard, and Carroll are all former DB coaches. Between the three of them, the secondary will be ok.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I kind of expect them to name a DB coach this week given that the combine is next week. I have not heard anybody mention any names connected to this.

Jville

Reaction score
After spending a year as an special teams assistant, Marquand Manuel spent two years as a defensive back assistant during Dan Quinn's second tour. I thought his more to Atlanta was predictable and would allow it as possibly preplanned for Quinn's eventual departure.

They still have Carroll, Richard and Seto as DB evaluators. For me, an assistant defensive line coach to pair up with Travis Jones and an announcement on who the run coordinator will be is of more pressing interest.

crosfam

Reaction score
I think there will be a few more coaches, probably and asst DB coach will eagerly move up to work on this staff. and then at least a new asst position or quality control coach. I doubt it will be celeb coach like Lofa, probably somebody flying under the radar that only other coaches know.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
BullHawk33":3dwn96o1 said:
Heath Farwell?

edited 4:05 pm - Heath was on KJR a bit ago. He said he feels better than he has in the last 2 years so he is going to try to play next year. He wants to keep going until he can't any longer.

Heath needs to give it a rest and call it quits. I doubt he'd make this team.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
I believe Quinn was DC and line coach. So why can't Richards be the DC and DB coach.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Waterhawk1":krlgvb4g said:
I believe Quinn was DC and line coach. So why can't Richards be the DC and DB coach.

Quinn has a D-line background obviously, but Travis Jones was our D-line coach the last two years.