Schneider on KJR

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Not much new since yesterday -- he did indicate Richardson is 50/50 to be ready for the season.

OP
OP
B

Bprez3

Reaction score
One thing that they covered today was the possibility of Maxwell being retained. He is quoted as saying, "I just can't tell you it's gonna be good enough."

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I have a few things to take care of before I can listen, but even a rehash of what he said on KIRO is surely worth the listen.

LTH

Reaction score
I think it is interesting that JS will talk about PR and his health but will not talk about Mebane's health status much... What does that say? I think it says there is still a major question about Mebane's status and there could be some movement at that position...

LTH

Hyak

Reaction score
Given when the injuries happened and the recovery time, that's probably why, Mebane should be available for offseason work whereas Richardson likely will miss all of TC and the early part of the regular season.

LTH

Reaction score
I luv the way Mitch ask's the tough question... this guy is like the probowl QB radio guy! LOL

Basis4day

Reaction score
LTH":31h62ji0 said:
I think it is interesting that JS will talk about PR and his health but will not talk about Mebane's health status much... What does that say? I think it says there is still a major question about Mebane's status and there could be some movement at that position...

LTH

I can't listen to the interview at work. Was he specifically asked about Mebane? If not, i wouldn't expect him to say anything unprompted.

LTH

Reaction score
JTB":155zashi said:
Given when the injuries happened and the recovery time, that's probably why, Mebane should be available for offseason work whereas Richardson likely will miss all of TC and the early part of the regular season.

Mebane's contact is not up there is one more year... If there was no problem and Mebane was going to be back then why would he just say that? when asked about PR he gave the fact that PR was 50/50 to go on the pup list...he even said they would be active at the position... why not talk about Mebane?

LTH

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LTH":2bmj72lt said:
I luv the way Mitch ask's the tough question... this guy is like the probowl QB radio guy! LOL

Totally disagree. I hate Mitch, he just loves to hear himself talk. I dont want to ruin it for you but if you listen to him you will notice he always says the same thing like 5 times/ 5 different ways, its so annoying.

So JS, How is PRich recovering? His injury was totally gruesome, is he coming along well? He was definately missed when he was out the last two games, do you think he'll be ready for OTAs? This offense can definately use him, is his recovery on time? Tell us about richardson wont you. How about an update on Paul...........

titan3131

Reaction score
Is there anyway to listen without logging into this stupid I heartradio.

OP
OP
B

Bprez3

Reaction score
titan3131":3b6thodz said:
Is there anyway to listen without logging into this stupid I heartradio.

Not that I noticed. If you have a Facebook or Google+ account you can log in that way

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":28hjd50y said:
LTH":28hjd50y said:

LTH

I can't listen to the interview at work. Was he specifically asked about Mebane? If not, i wouldn't expect him to say anything unprompted.

He was asked a combination question about his injury and about his contract and whether he'd be here next year under the same contract. He said that Mebane had surgery and that he's doing what needs to be done, but he wouldn't comment on any player coming back or getting extensions or anything of that sort at this point. He gave a similar answer to another question as well. He just doesn't want to discuss their strategy for players right now.

LTH

Reaction score
kidhawk":szrq8kru said:
Basis4day":szrq8kru said:
LTH":szrq8kru said:

LTH

He was asked a combination question about his injury and about his contract and whether he'd be here next year under the same contract. He said that Mebane had surgery and that he's doing what needs to be done, but he wouldn't comment on any player coming back or getting extensions or anything of that sort at this point. He gave a similar answer to another question as well. He just doesn't want to discuss their strategy for players right now.

Maybe its nothing then... but why would he talk about Richardson? I'm probably wrong but I think there is going to be movement in that position...

LTH

kidhawk

Reaction score
LTH":1ezi909o said:
kidhawk":1ezi909o said:
Basis4day":1ezi909o said:
LTH":1ezi909o said:

LTH

Maybe its nothing then... but why would he talk about Richardson? I'm probably wrong but I think there is going to be movement in that position...

LTH

It wasn't a question about Richardson returning. Richardson is under his rookie contract. Completely different situation. He has no desire to say what our plans are in regards to areas where there may or may not be question marks. It leaves other teams guessing. Telling them anything at all, even that there is no change would give away a bit of our strategy

LTH

Reaction score
Well thats not exactly true he said Richardson was 50/50 on whether Richardson would be on the pup list and that they would address the WR position like every other position... maybe its nothing but an inconsistant answer by JS... Mitch should have followed up on the question about mebanes health because I heard JS address more Mebanes contract situation rather than a clear answer about his health status... Nobody knows exactly where Mebane is at mitch even said that....

kidhawk

Reaction score
LTH":34mgwffe said:
Well thats not exactly true he said Richardson was 50/50 on whether Richardson would be on the pup list and that they would address the WR position like every other position... maybe its nothing but an inconsistant answer by JS... Mitch should have followed up on the question about mebanes health because I heard JS address more Mebanes contract situation rather than a clear answer about his health status... Nobody knows exactly where Mebane is at mitch even said that....

Everyone already knows that a person with an ACL surgery that late is more likely to hit the PUP than not. This is not news to anyone who works for an NFL front office or scouting department. He gave them no information whatsoever that anyone didn't already know "he might be on PUP...he might not".

AgentDib

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ibw25vu said:
He gave them no information whatsoever that anyone didn't already know "he might be on PUP...he might not".
I agree that the situations are fundamentally different. Listing Richardson as 50/50 is divulging no information, whereas listing Mebane's position with the team as 50/50 would be divulging a lot of information.

LTH

Reaction score
I think the question of Mebane's health is a legitiamte one...the Hawks are not talking about it...because of that, the question of is there going to be player movement at that position is legitimate...

LTH

kidhawk

Reaction score
LTH":3b037l9q said:
I think the question of Mebane's health is a legitiamte one...the Hawks are not talking about it...because of that, the question of is there going to be player movement at that position is legitimate...

LTH

the fact that y ou feel that it's a legitimate question is exactly why there's no reason to answer the question. If there's a chance that we could be looking to fill that position and he answers the question honestly, that would let other teams know what we are doing with the position. Even if we have no plans to make any changes whatsoever, if you opponent thinks you are, then you are winning. The name of the game is misdirection and every team tries to play that game this time of the year.