JS excited about BJ DANIELS @ WR?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Davis HSU tweeted that JS is excited about Daniels and Norwood. This comes as a surprise to me about Daniels because we really haven't seen much from him at all in that capacity. Does anybody know what he's basing this enthusiam on? I find it intrigueing nonetheless.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3lxm6m8p said:
Davis HSU tweeted the JS is excited about Daniels and Norwood. This comes as a surprise to me about Daniels because we really haven't seen much from him at all in that capacity. Does anybody know what he's basing this enthusiam on? I find it intruigueing nonetheless.

I don't know...practice?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Last season we were making loud noises about C-Mike. I'm excited to see what Daniels has got, Norwood has a big six months ahead of him, hopefully he makes a leap.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hes been practicing at WR since hes been on the practice squad apparently and he made the active roster after Richardson went down so he must be flashing a little something something in practice. Maybe he will be what Seneca Wallace should have been but Holmgren was always too nervous to use him as.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Not to knock him, but do the Hawks need another 5'11" WR that may be a project? Don't they already have plenty of average sized WRs with more experience.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":2ej895fn said:
Not to knock him, but do the Hawks need another 5'11" WR that may be a project? Don't they already have plenty of average sized WRs with more experience.

While a bigger go-to redzone threat makes the most sense, we need playmakers. Guys who can makes the most of their matchups and when the box is stacked make teams think twice about going 1v1. Find a receiver who commands the respect of the defense and this team hits the next level, providing we keep Lynch. If that guy just so happens to be a 6,3+ redzone nightmare then 19-0.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I wonder if this means we may look at drafting a QB. I shall go to the NCAA forum and ask exactly that.

Hyak

Reaction score
Not the craziest idea. There have been a number of college QB's who converted to WR in the pros - Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle-El come to mind.

He's a fringe QB in the NFL.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seanhawk":8pm92swc said:
HawKnPeppa":8pm92swc said:
Davis HSU tweeted the JS is excited about Daniels and Norwood. This comes as a surprise to me about Daniels because we really haven't seen much from him at all in that capacity. Does anybody know what he's basing this enthusiam on? I find it intruigueing nonetheless.

I don't know...practice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

jackflash50

Reaction score
Edelman was a college QB. Too a few years to develop into a pro WR but I would take a player like Edelman on this team any day.
Not saying BJ will be an Edelman but why not give it a shot & see how he starts to develop.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I really thought Daniels was going to be active in the Super Bowl to try a couple new plays. I was bummed when I saw he was inactive.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
The hawks are known to value versatility, so if daniels can flash potential at WR it gives us an emergency QB and someone who maybe can run some trick plays.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":30cpbac4 said:
Last season we were making loud noises about C-Mike. I'm excited to see what Daniels has got, Norwood has a big six months ahead of him, hopefully he makes a leap.

I agree, I'm expecting Norwood to make a big push this year. IMO he's a bigger faster version of Kearse.

mikeak

Reaction score
hawknation2015":347xqp89 said:
It would be nice to have a backup QB who can also contribute in a reserve role at WR and special teams.

How about a converted QB that ends up being a great WR & punt returner with ability to be used on trick plays as Qb

I would take that as well :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
lobohawk":3utm1ifw said:

If you're talking next years 53 man roster you may have a point. But there is still the 90 man pre-season roster to fill out.
The Hawks do have a need at PR/KR and Daniels has athleticism. Bryan Walters, Lockette and Kearse are FA. Richardson has his knee injury to rehab and will likely start on PUP.

Lot of things to sort out at WR this offseason.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I listened to that interview. The context for which he said it didn't make sense for B.J. Daniels. I honestly think he meant to say Chris Matthews and Kevin Norwood but misspoke. Two guys who really didn't get a chance this year to display what they are capable of, and who they're excited about for the future.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2lusr2yz said:
I listened to that interview. The context for which he said it didn't make sense for B.J. Daniels. I honestly think he meant to say Chris Matthews and Kevin Norwood but misspoke. Two guys who really didn't get a chance this year to display what they are capable of, and who they're excited about for the future.

You know your WR corps is in trouble when your GM is saying "wait, who was that guy who made the big plays for us in the Super Bowl?" :34853_doh:

jblaze

Reaction score
If we get some more talent in the WR corps, I could see using BJ as a 5th WR. You can use him in certain packages and trick plays that may give the other team something to scout for and could provide a few big plays during the season. Also getting flexibility out of your 3rd QB would be key. They could use him at WR and special teams and that could keep him on the roster.

I thought the talk about him during the playoffs was a bit of a smokescreen but I guess not.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I get that we've unearthed some gems in the UDFA market... but I really hope JS/PC make a concerted effort this offseason to get a RELIABLE wide receiver. Not some converted QB from South Florida.. not Kevin Norwood.. not even Chris Matthews.. go get a veteran please. I don't care that the Percy experiment blew up in our faces, they have to try again to address the position.