Reaction score
An inspirational video to help those ready to move on from Super Bowl XLIX

[vimeo]119362723[/vimeo]

bbsplitter

Reaction score
kidhawk":1wm8braj said:
An inspirational video to help those ready to move on from Super Bowl XLIX

[vimeo]119362723[/vimeo]

I'm guessing it's a bad omen when the video won't load for me. Apparently I can't move on yet. Oh well :17:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you are on tapatalk or something else that cuases the video not to load, you can try going to the link below. It's a vimeo video

[urltargetblank]https://vimeo.com/119362723[/urltargetblank]

bbsplitter

Reaction score
kidhawk":2r0dj12h said:
If you are on tapatalk or something else that cuases the video not to load, you can try going to the link below. It's a vimeo video

[urltargetblank]https://vimeo.com/119362723[/urltargetblank]

Ah, that would be why, my work blocks Vimeo. No voodoo magic going on after all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I like the inspirational stuff, but everybody remembers Dan Marino's response early in his career about getting back to the big game.

Super Bowl wins are too rare to waste unnecessarily.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
After three days of funk & grouchy, I was ready to get shed of the negative crap attached to XLIX and re-light the fuse.
This ride ain't over, I'm looking forward to the Draft, and I can hardly wait to see how the Seahawks come back out swinging.
Pete Carroll?...There's a lot of fight left in that cagey old dog, WOOHOO!! :thirishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":iigrns9t said:
I like the inspirational stuff, but everybody remembers Dan Marino's response early in his career about getting back to the big game.

So your saying that if you get knocked down...You stay down?
I look at it like, a stroke of bad luck and poor execution on a bad play call, one Yard short, a time out, and 26 Seconds of winning our second in a row.
The target is no longer on our back, and I ain't ready to quit on the Seahawks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm still pissed and shocked what happened on the last drive in what should of been back to back titles. Once free agency and some of these signings start it may get better. I am more interested to see what happens next year after such a demoralizing loss.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
scutterhawk":131vzmsl said:
RolandDeschain":131vzmsl said:

So your saying that if you get knocked down...You stay down?
I look at it like, a stroke of bad luck and poor execution on a bad play call, one Yard short, a time out, and 26 Seconds of winning our second in a row.
The target is no longer on our back, and I ain't ready to quit on the Seahawks.

Is that what he said at all? Reading comprehension much? All he said was that it's very tough to get to the big dance and it's crucial no opportunities are wasted

Mojambo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27wuccz7 said:

And time is too precious to keep lamenting what is DONE and OVER.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":zgw9u4jy said:
RolandDeschain":zgw9u4jy said:

And time is too precious to keep lamenting what is DONE and OVER.

This. Let it go, cause dwelling on it won't change anything. It just feeds into what can't be done, not what is possible.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am ready to move on. had this happened before we had already won a Super Bowl I would be in such a funk that I would not be talking to people or anything. However having finally won a SB has made it easier for me to deal with this loss and I am ready for 2015 and great things ahead.

This Seahawks team is 365 days a year at this point. I am doing some small projects at home related to the Hawks to keep the momentum going. I really can't get into any other sports at all though I will get into the Islanders playoff run when that starts.

NYCoug

Reaction score
JonRud":2uvw3vbp said:
I am ready to move on. had this happened before we had already won a Super Bowl I would be in such a funk that I would not be talking to people or anything. However having finally won a SB has made it easier for me to deal with this loss and I am ready for 2015 and great things ahead.

This Seahawks team is 365 days a year at this point. I am doing some small projects at home related to the Hawks to keep the momentum going. I really can't get into any other sports at all though I will get into the Islanders playoff run when that starts.

Agreed. I grew up playing baseball first and foremost, and I've been a Jays fan for as long as I've been a Seahawks fan, and even with the hype around them this season I just can't get into it as much as the Seahawks. Maybe it's because they've burned me before, and always seem to somehow end up at the .500 mark, but it's probably because I always have Seahawks on the brain.

If XLIX had happened in 2002 or 2003, I would have been absolutely devastated. I'd be like you JR, I wouldn't be talking to people (friends, fam, girlfriend, no one). I'd be catatonic. A loss like that would cripple me to the soul. It would be like being the lovechild of a Titans and a Bills fan.

But winning XLVIII definitely made it easier to swallow. Being robbed in XL also made this one easier to swallow. The pain I felt after that loss lingered for a long time. It still makes me sick when I think back about it, and the only reason I can ever laugh about it is at how much of an obvious sham it was and how quickly it was forgotten by everyone (for those who even noticed.)

The Islanders are moving to Brooklyn next season, I think. My roommates and I are all going to jump on the bandwagon once they get here and start walking over to Barclays to watch them play. We should all go. We can bring a 12th Man flag and drape it behind one of the goalies. Okpoko's nasty, and I don't even know jack about hockey.

I really liked this video. The message and the actual video itself are pretty awesome. Well done.