SB 49 thread

TAB420

Reaction score
So every couple of days it seems like the fog lifts, I'm ready to more on. I log in at .NET which always gets me excited about the future of our hawks, and there they are, endless threads about SB49. Dim the lights cue the fog, and my 12 step program(no pun intended) is debunked. Next thing I know, I'm a dark alley asking strangers "why didn't they run Lynch?" But in all seriousness, does anyone else find the one place that always brought comfort, is know rehashing wounds that you so want to start healing? If so, does the idea of a ongoing threat dedicated to SB 49 sound like a bad Idea, than when you want to think about things like your dog running away, grandma dying or SB 49, just click on that threat and pop a Prozac.

If I'm way out of line on the thought of a thread dedicated to SB 49, just let me know(Like you wouldn't anyway) I do trust most of your opinion, some of the time.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
TAB420":3txo1nno said:
If I'm way out of line on the thought of a thread dedicated to SB 49, just let me know(Like you wouldn't anyway) I do trust most of your opinion, some of the time.

It's not that the topic is out of line it's there are already a ton of threads on the subject and your OP's that I've read have been lacking substance. You could have just easily bumped a thread that was already made. That's my two cents.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I really want to be snarky about my response here.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
SuperFreak":1rkvl5sg said:
TAB420":1rkvl5sg said:

It's not that the topic is out of line it's there are already a ton of threads on the subject and your OP's that I've read have been lacking substance. You could have just easily bumped a thread that was already made. That's my two cents.

Why would the conditions of my posts have anything to do with the question being asked?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
TAB420":2q2a39go said:
Bobblehead":2q2a39go said:
I really want to be snarky about my response here.

Snark on.

You know, the douche zone uses something like that.. where they have a Kaep thread, its, what over 1000 pages long, and they have a Seahawk thread that's now over 500 pages long.

Well it's hard enough going through 10 pages of stuff let alone.. hundreds. Now a WIlson page maybe something we could do.. all things Wilson, but there is so much about the Sb that needs and people want to dissect and to have it in one place would be distracting, off topic and no one will know what anyone is referring to. For example your discussing a particular aspect and between your questions someone else brings up another question, or thought and in the end.. nothing.

I think thats why it's the way it is.

My snarky response involved being selfish.. so I'll let it go at that.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think we need a separate forum called 'The Wailing Wall' for those who just can't manage to move on. A few generic thread titles will suffice, like 'Fire which coach?;Cut which player?; get which player?; Woe is me, etc' [emoji6] [emoji10] [emoji10] [emoji10]

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2xxlruc7 said:
I think we need a separate forum called 'The Wailing Wall' for those who just can't manage to move on. A few generic thread titles will suffice, like 'Fire which coach?;Cut which player?; get which player?; Woe is me, etc' [emoji6] [emoji10] [emoji10] [emoji10]

Agreed...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Part of my self-imposed ban for a few months (apparently it's not working that well) was because coming here, as much as this is my home on the interwebs, became too depressing. I get it...After the circumstance and importance of what occurred at the end of the game that was played on 2/1/15, this place naturally becomes a sanctuary to let it all hang out. All the feelings, the good, the bad, the ugly.

The beauty of .NET is also a curse. It's the place we 12's get to come together online and celebrate the good, but also suffer through the bad.

It's easy to come here every day and when the sky is blue and hope springs eternal. But when you are 1 yard away from what many would begin to utter the word "dynasty" when it comes to the Seahawks...And it's taken from you in one ball punching, horrific play...Well, you get to see the levels of depression and the stages of grief we all go through.

It can be therapeutic, and for the large part I believe it is...But for others that are sensitive to the emotions and thoughts of others in their environment (like I am), it can be quite literally, well, overwhelming.

We all grieve and process shock and loss in our own way and on our own schedules. That is why it is difficult for some of us to read and post regularly, while others NEED the daily interaction, to help the healing process move forward.

In the end, I am so happy that .NET is alive and well. It's become a necessary online community for 12's to come to, post, lurk, read, laugh, cry, get pissed off, whatever...

No matter where you stand, in the end, .NET is here for you. I love that.

evergreen

Reaction score
Why does no one lament our D never getting a play for a safety at the end? We had 26 clicks and a TO with the ball on the .3 yard line. That game wasn't over until the offsides. Brady can't kneel down in the end zone. Do they run and risk a stop? Do they dare pass and risk an int, holding call for a safety, sack for a safety, or intentional grounding for a safety? They have a serious problem. Any stop for no gain has a 50-50 chance being spotted as a safety. Even if they get pass the goal line we have a TO for another play. So at the most two plays for a safety. Most likely its Brady on a sneak. Clog that middle up and sell out on it. And miracles do happen folks. We get two and they kick from the twenty. We're sitting at midfield a play later needing a FG. Actually, it's a very rare chance for a swing play right after a game "ending" swing play.
Would've been a better end than offsides followed by a fight.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
This subject makes me........ :pukeface:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I'm over it already.

We coulda/shoulda won the game, but as consolation we're picked as the favourite to win SB50, and every team in the NFL dreads seeing us on their schedule.

Opposing fans of ANY other team pencil in a loss vs SEA when they make their pre-season predictions. Fantasy footballers bench their starters when they play Seattle.

We've won one Super Bowl, and have national respect on the order that this team has never had before. People are talking dynasty even with the loss in XLIX.

People speak of Wilson as a game manager because the alternative - that he will spark a potent offense to match our defense - is simply too frightening for them to comprehend.

I'm not going to cry over spilled milk because we're in a great place. You want bad? Try being a fan of San Francisco's dumpster fire. Or imagine Johhny Football as your greatest and only hope for the future, and you might understand Josh Gordon seeking escape through drugs.

Instead we have Pete Freaking Carroll, and john Freaking Schneider, and the Legion of Freaking Boom, and Russell Freaking Wilson. And if a wolverine is a really pissed off badger, then a really pissed off wolverine is Doug Baldwin.

It's a fun time to be a Seahawks fan. Not going to hang my head and pack a sad.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1mi2nb63 said:
I'm over it already.

We coulda/shoulda won the game, but as consolation we're picked as the favourite to win SB50, and every team in the NFL dreads seeing us on their schedule.

Opposing fans of ANY other team pencil in a loss vs SEA when they make their pre-season predictions. Fantasy footballers bench their starters when they play Seattle.

We've won one Super Bowl, and have national respect on the order that this team has never had before. People are talking dynasty even with the loss in XLIX.

People speak of Wilson as a game manager because the alternative - that he will spark a potent offense to match our defense - is simply too frightening for them to comprehend.

I'm not going to cry over spilled milk because we're in a great place. You want bad? Try being a fan of San Francisco's dumpster fire. Or imagine Johhny Football as your greatest and only hope for the future, and you might understand Josh Gordon seeking escape through drugs.

Instead we have Pete Freaking Carroll, and john Freaking Schneider, and the Legion of Freaking Boom, and Russell Freaking Wilson. And if a wolverine is a really pissed off badger, then a really pissed off wolverine is Doug Baldwin.

It's a fun time to be a Seahawks fan. Not going to hang my head and pack a sad.
That's what I'm trying to say....Lets move on.