******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

jlaff35

Reaction score
***Disclaimer******* The following story is exactly how it transpired. Whether or not it turns out to be accurate, we will find out in about a month. I promise you that I am not fabricating this one bit, in an attempt to stir up the site. Just simply wanting to report to my fellow Hawk lovers what I'm hearing. After all, the Lions can still franchise Suh and make all of this a moot point.

So last night, I'm sitting down watching some TV, when I get a facebook message from an old friend that lives in Seattle, who happens to be a diehard Cowboy fan, but also a very passionate and knowledgeable guy about all things football. Let's say he works at a "Prime" employer in the Seattle area, and one of his best friends and co-workers happens to be really close friends with a prominent Hawk player with ties to the Northwest. Here's what the message from my buddy said:

"Hey bro. My buddy at work is friends with (player name hidden to keep anonymity). He says Suh is a done deal to Seattle. 4 years $55M"

Now, I'm pretty skeptical at this point. But I take solace in the fact that my buddy isn't happy giving me this news....he's not liking us getting Suh one bit. Still, I ask a follow up question.

"that would be sick....you feel like this is pretty reliable info?"

and he goes,

"he's the one that told me about the first Percy trade before it happened".

marko358

Reaction score
Aren't there tampering rules in place for this sort of stuff? I couldn't imagine the Hawks talking to him and risking all sorts of fines and penalties such as losing draft picks.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
jlaff35":39qifgp7 said:
"Hey bro. My buddy at work is friends with (player name hidden to keep anonymity). He says Suh is a done deal to Seattle. 4 years $55M"

That would be amazing. :th2thumbs:

pehawk

Reaction score
Definitely smells right from a Seattle perspective. That's exactly the year and amount they could do, pragmatically and fiscally.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Not commenting on validity of the rumor or not..

but tampering is SOP in the NFL. Every year the first day of free agency complex contracts are signed within hours. Everyone knows. Unless youre not discreet about the tampering the NFL turns a blind eye.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marko358":69iwo0dp said:
Aren't there tampering rules in place for this sort of stuff? I couldn't imagine the Hawks talking to him and risking all sorts of fines and penalties such as losing draft picks.

Yeah, this isn't Dan Quinn's wink wink nudge nudge "nothing's in place" head coach move to Atlanta 12 seconds after the SB is over.

Teams can get in HUGE trouble for even talking to players outside the FA window, so I highly doubt this is legit........especially already having the $$$ worked out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not buying it.. needs more Pete Carroll hanging up the phone in a fit of rage saying we have a quarterback and his name is Charlie.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
It would be great if it happens but there's 4 levels of hearsay accounting this report. I'll believe it when I see it.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26in7015 said:
marko358":26in7015 said:

Yeah, this isn't Dan Quinn's wink wink nudge nudge "nothing's in place" head coach move to Atlanta 12 seconds after the SB is over.

Teams can get in HUGE trouble for even talking to players outside the FA window, so I highly doubt this is legit........especially already having the $$$ worked out.

Sgt Largent also contends wrestling is real, because, well, Vince McMahon says so. Also, Phillip Morris released a statement saying cigarettes are NOT harmful, which Sgt Largent also believes. He still believes there's WMD's in Iraq, too.

Not saying this rumor is legit, but, it's Pollyanna of you to think tampering doesn't occur. DavidSeven and you are a politicians dream "whatever I say they'll believe...they're great!"

Boycie

Reaction score
marko358":32wrtcnu said:

This stuff goes on all the time. Why do you think that at 1 minute after free agency, we see guys getting signed. This stuff probably get's done through unofficial channels. it happens in hockey free agency all the time.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Awesome I felt Suh would sign to about 14 per year if he was coming to us. If this happens our D is complete.

We wouldnt need as deep rotational depth as Suh will take every down snaps.

And Maxwell becomes less of a priority with an elite pass rush especially in the intertior.

Hopefully, at least for me that this doesnt mean losing Mebane. I know his hammy is a big deal but he would have almost a year of recovery and rehab.

Obviously we need to temper our expectations and take this with a grain of salt but this is great news none the less and come March its going to be like Christmas morning.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2m8pr1j5 said:
Wait, wrestling isn't real?

Tumblr m0j23yIMIq1qzevc9

Hulkimania IS real.

Bart brought up a great point on twitter. Adding Suh to that DL means the defense can do with less at the CB opposite Sherm. They could then afford to let Maxwell walk and plug in guys on rookie deals.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Could mean the end of Mebane though, right? And if Mebane is gone does that still afford cap space for Maxwell?

niveky

Reaction score
if they could swing it and keep mebane....mebane and suh in the middle and bennett plus whoever they put on the other side(situationally Irvin), also on passing downs have Bennett and Suh in the middle..man, the possibilities

pehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":10ft4nve said:
Could mean the end of Mebane though, right? And if Mebane is gone does that still afford cap space for Maxwell?

The Seahawks made Maxwell on their own. He was made by coaching-up a low draft pick. They can do it again.

Maxwell's overvalued on this board, IMO.