Best/Worst games of the PC Era

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
Well after a couple weeks of depression about the loss, I finally was able to see a silver lining. In what seems like yesterday, Pete Carroll took over this team. Five years later, he turned an abysmal five win team with a void of talent into a juggernaut reaching heights this city has never seen. This got me thinking of a fun way to enjoy the off season. I am going to watch the condensed versions of every game on nfl rewind and relive this teams transformation.

Some games I look forward to, the 2010 game against the chargers(Leon's two returns). The 2011 game against the Bengals(First time I realized Sherman could be pretty damn good). And the 2012 game against the Patriots(Russell's first standout performance).

Some games I am not excited about, the 2011 game against the browns(final score of 6-3). And the 2012 loss against the Falcons.

Seeing as how there are so many games to watch, I wanted to hear what some of your favorite and least favorite games have been in the Pete Carroll era.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Husky Seahawk":2tucg8fv said:
Well after a couple weeks of depression about the loss, I finally was able to see a silver lining. In what seems like yesterday, Pete Carroll took over this team. Five years later, he turned an abysmal five win team with a void of talent into a juggernaut reaching heights this city has never seen. This got me thinking of a fun way to enjoy the off season. I am going to watch the condensed versions of every game on nfl rewind and relive this teams transformation.

Some games I look forward to, the 2010 game against the chargers(Leon's two returns). The 2011 game against the Bengals(First time I realized Sherman could be pretty damn good). And the 2012 game against the Patriots(Russell's first standout performance).

Some games I am not excited about, the 2011 game against the browns(final score of 6-3). And the 2012 loss against the Falcons.

Seeing as how there are so many games to watch, I wanted to hear what some of your favorite and least favorite games have been in the Pete Carroll era.
XLVIII hands down best!
XLIX hands down worst thanks to our OC being a moron.

OP
OP
Husky Seahawk

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":a74t7neh said:
Husky Seahawk":a74t7neh said:

XLVIII hands down!

Haha. Well Obviously :p

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That 2012 Pats game was amazing. 2012 Bears game too, followed by the 3 game stretch of just pure domination against the Cardinals, Bills, and 49ers. Man that was a fun stretch of Seahawks football.

2013 Week 2 against the 49ers. The comebacks against the Texans and Bucs.

Those are favorites off the top of my head (for regular season).

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
The Packers game with the replacement refs :lol:

I actually didnt mind both the Atlanta playoff game and the superbowl loss against the Pats...both were really exciting games that even though we lost we came back and should of had the lead in both games with under a minute to go...just didnt work out for one reason or another.

The other two are the 49ers playoff win and superbowl win in NY. One was the edge of your seat with an amazing finish and the superbowl was a big party

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Honestly for my money 2012 is where it's at. I had high hopes for russ after watching him all pre-season and we got to watch him fully emerge vs NE, Chicago, Buffalo and the amazing comeback vs Atlanta. 2013 was obviously amazing but it almost felt like fate watching it unfold. 2012 was just a totally unexpected surprise and kind of the real proof that Pete had jumped this team up another level.

seahawks3732

Reaction score
If were taking out XLVIII (should be everyone's favorite haha) I'd have to say my favorite PC era game was the 2010 playoffs game against New Orleans, no one gave us a shot that game and then beastquake happened. Some other personal favorites are 2011 against NYG (I was there. BB's pick 6 was coming right at me) Also 2013 dismantling of NYG (I was there as well. I'm from NJ). Another favorite for me was the 2010 play-in game against STL in week 17... The list could go on...

evergreen

Reaction score
No one mentioned one of my favorites, the 2012 Christmas present. The demolition of the 49ers 42-13. Plus I still think their last td shouldn't have counted.

OP
OP
Husky Seahawk

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
Wow lots of great stuff guys. So many great games that I hadn't even thought of in a while. Super excited to watch games from the 2012 season with the emergence of Russell as well as this defense finding it's swagger. Also going to be awesome to watch the rivalry develop with the Niners (seems fun to watch every Seahawks Niners game back to back).

titan3131

Reaction score
the worst games have to be the 2011 @steelers blowout loss

or the browns game

OP
OP
Husky Seahawk

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
titan3131":1d7j58tb said:
the worst games have to be the 2011 @steelers blowout loss

or the browns game

Ewww. I forgot about that Steelers game. I wonder which of these two games will be more painful to watch.

Reaction score
A couple of my older "forgotten" favorites is the 2011(?) game against the Ravens where we out-muscled them and won. Another would be the 2011 game against the Eagles. Brandon Browner's LOB coming out party, and Golden Tate making a sick TD catch to put the game away.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Worst from what standpoint? Worst performance game was hands down the Cleveland game in 2011. After that game people were saying the Hawks and the PC era was coming to an end very soon. Without the drafting of Russ perhaps it does. Best game was XL.

kearly

Reaction score
Worst loss was XLIX obviously, but that's not really fair.

Among regular season games, Oakland in 2010 was the worst. Got blown out by THE RAIDERS, and suffered a huge number of injuries in the game. As brutal an asskicking as I've ever seen. Seattle was 4-2 going in and everyone thought they be 5-2 after it. Instead they were 4-3 and the injuries keyed the worst stretch of football of the PC/JS era, a 2-7 stretch that took the team from 4-2 to 6-9.

The good thing about that game is that it probably played a role in Pete Carroll pursuing Tom Cable a year later.

Best game was probably the 49ers-Seahawks NFCCG.

bryantology79

Reaction score
some of my favorites: 2012 bears and 2013 texans

worst: 2011 niners (xmas) browns (6-3)

Vetamur

Reaction score
The worst for me was the loss to the Chargers this past season. 10s of thousands of us invaded SD and had a good time..til the day of the game.

That day never felt right.. the weather was crap, the stadium was like a 50 year old high school stadium, and the team was just "off". Then, in a situation he loves.. one possession to win the game..Wilson doesnt.. I dont mind some losses, they are going to come but it was so lackluster...

Best game.. obviously last years Super Bowl and, oddly, the Atlanta Playoff game. After two massive comebacks in a row, that game partially cured me of the Beaten Down Seahawk Fan Syndrome. Even though we ended up losing I learned that with this team and this QB we are never really out of any game.

Greenhell

Reaction score
San Diego game this year was worst in my recent memory. Gawd, the Hawks looked horrible that day.

Best game? Super Bowl XLVIII and the crushing of the Broncos and never having to live under the shadow of Bronco fans saying, "Seattle?! Who the hell is Seattle?! LOL" They damn well will forever know who Seattle is. 43-8.

Nevermore. Nevermore.

Throwdown

Reaction score
2010 regular season vs Oakland, they punked us up n down the field all god damn day.

Super Bowl 48 the best