Schneider/Carroll Press Conferences from Indy

kidhawk

Reaction score
Schneider is scheduled to have his press conference from the Combine at 11 am ET (8am Seattle time) on Thursday, February 19.

Carroll is scheduled to hold his press conference from the Combine at 3 pm ET (Noon Seattle time) on Friday, February 20.

I will likely miss most of Schneider's press conference as it's smack in the middle of my commute, so If someone can post any links or any overview of it when it occurs, that would be great.

Unless something pops up at work I should be around here for Pete's press conference on Friday.

Not sure if we'll get anything useful from either of them, but I'll welcome about anything "new" this week.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I expect more of, "Pete, if you could do it again, would you still make that same call?" Well that and, "What will you do if Marshawn Lynch retires?"

Many of the media are not the most imaginative when it comes to questions.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
They are supposed to be shown live at NFL Now when their time comes. They may also be on .com as well, but haven't heard any confirmation on that. Here's the link to the NFL now live feed. [urltargetblank]http://now.nfl.com/live[/urltargetblank]

Jiggy

Reaction score
sc85sis":32pw3yyh said:
I expect more of, "Pete, if you could do it again, would you still make that same call?" Well that and, "What will you do if Marshawn Lynch retires?"

You forgot the "What were you listening to on the way to the combine this morning?" question. You know, the real riveting football stuff!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":2skaifxy said:
I expect more of, Well that and, "What will you do if Marshawn Lynch retires?"

While I agree that it's maybe the question that's going to be asked....again....I expect to hear Pete say something along the lines of 'We're moving on, because if we don't want to anchor ourselves with what if's".

With respect to the Marshawn question, if Schneider doesn't cover it, and which we all know is coming, I'm way more interested in what their answers may be, although I do realize that Pete will be pretty generic in his answers, I hope he will say something for us12's to dwell on. :mrgreen:

jblaze

Reaction score
Basic summary of Schneider's press conference:

1. No word yet from Lynch. He has talked with his representatives a lot. Eludes to a deadline for notification. Won't be surprised if he retires although he's not expecting it really.
2. No timeline on RW extension although talks have begun.
3. Mentions Maxwell and you get the feeling he knows he's gone with a strong market for him ahead.
4. He thinks it's a strong RB draft class.
5. Mentions the value of the 31st pick and offers it to anyone who wants it to "come and get it". Trade down again possible.
6. He's not over the SB loss.

Not a ton of good info in today's press conference, all stuff we pretty much knew.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":3q7gygmv said:
Basic summary of Schneider's press conference:

1. No word yet from Lynch. He has talked with his representatives a lot. Eludes to a deadline for notification. Won't be surprised if he retires although he's not expecting it really.
2. No timeline on RW extension although talks have begun.
3. Mentions Maxwell and you get the feeling he knows he's gone with a strong market for him ahead.
4. He thinks it's a strong RB draft class.
5. Mentions the value of the 31st pick and offers it to anyone who wants it to "come and get it". Trade down again possible.
6. He's not over the SB loss.

Not a ton of good info in today's press conference, all stuff we pretty much knew.

Thanks for the summary. Nothing really too surprising at all. Talent differential between what we can get at 31 and what we can get early to mid 2nd round isn't that huge, so moving back wouldn't surprised me. What would surprise me is if we moved up in the first round. That would be a total shocker. I'm trying to keep an eye out for a link to the full thing and will post it if/when I see one.

Hyak

Reaction score
Really a rehash of his Seattle radio interviews last week.

He did talk up Norwood, which I thought was encouraging.

jblaze

Reaction score
Another tidbit just released. Lane also tore his knee in the SB and is questionable for the start of the season.

Yikes!

jblaze

Reaction score
More info:

1. Confirms the team will not use the franchise tag.
2. ET has not had surgery yet, could be out the preseason or more.
3. Not sure yet if Kam will require surgery.
4. Says team could have 11 picks total after comp picks. Said he's been saying 10 so he won't be disappointed if it's 10.
5. Mebane recovering well. Should be ready by summer.

Hyak

Reaction score
They cut him off of NFL Network before he mentioned Lane's injury. Was it an ACL?

jblaze

Reaction score
JTB":3avplgxq said:
They cut him off of NFL Network before he mentioned Lane's injury. Was it an ACL?

Nothing specific on the type of knee injury, just that he tore something on the same play he broke his wrist on.

marko358

Reaction score
jblaze":tejdciio said:
Another tidbit just released. Lane also tore his knee in the SB and is questionable for the start of the season.

Yikes!

Damn this dude is injury prone. We better find some good CBs in the draft.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah we likely draft two CB"s now with Lane's injury. That or possibly get Thurmond on a one year deal since he should be fairly cheap. That would be pretty cool.

Hyak

Reaction score
I expected them to draft a CB anyway but this makes it more imperative IMO. It also puts the onus on Simon to have a strong offseason working on his game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/John-Schneider-Combine-press-conference/27fd80dd-be68-4028-85e1-8adea46d63b6[/urltargetblank]

I am watching it now. Not sure how long he spoke but this video is about 16 minutes long

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
JTB":h31x1l76 said:
I expected them to draft a CB anyway but this makes it more imperative IMO. It also puts the onus on Simon to have a strong offseason working on his game.

I think it also ups the ante as far as needing more draft picks, so it increases the odds of them moving back. More draft picks allows you to get in more bodies from the top of the pool at each necessary position

jblaze

Reaction score
We're likely going to have 11 draft picks and that's typically where JS likes to stay. Usually he has to trade down a few times to get that many but we have that many to start with this year.

There's several intriguing prospects that may fall to 31 and if they do, I think he sticks and picks otherwise he trades down. There's a lot of value to be had for trading down from a first round pick.

On a side note, a few of the ones he may stick and pick with may be a RB (Gordon or Gurley), a big WR (Funchess or DGB) or a OL (Collins, etc).

They can likely find a CB in the later rounds 4-6 no problem.