NJ Seahawks Fans

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I have been a fan since 1976. I have lived through the highs and lows over the years. As I flew my 12 flag during the playoffs, I noticed several others in Manasquan did as well. I got to thinking after the Super Bowl loss that 12's are loyal and been through much worse defeats. I also thought I wanted to meet more Seahawk fans that live and die with a team on the other coast. I believe the state where Seattle had its greatest achievement deserves to have an organized fan base. We could get together for a road game each season or maybe periodically make a pilgrimage to the Emerald City. Shoot me a message or email me if you're interested. [email protected]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not in NJ anymore, but lived in Hopatcong for a few years.

OP
OP
H

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Thats not far, I'm in Cherry Hill all the time. We have a member from Beach Haven, northern NJ...come on aboard

sjhawkfan

Reaction score
Cherry Hill is right down Rt 38 from me. Lumberton. A game at PJ's would be fun!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I say we go to Giants/Jets game whenever Hawks come to town and we take over the swamp.

JonRud

Reaction score
I have been a NJ Seahawks fan since 1985. I used to watch every game at Poor Billy's (RIP) in Woodbridge and Fox & Hound in Edison.

Now I am in Monmouth County and I have a Seahawks flag outside my house 365/24/7. A week before the Super Bowl a 12th Man Flag showed up 2 houses down from me, I couldn't believe it!

The 12's did a great job at the Hawks/Giants game in Dec. 2013. Not sure we took over the Stadium but we had a big, loud showing with an awesome pre-game tailgate.

It will always be a source of pride for us Jersey Boys that the Hawks won their first Super Bowl in our home state.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
JonRud":3pbjj8wh said:
It will always be a source of pride for us Jersey Boys that the Hawks won their first Super Bowl in our home state.

:th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

NJlargent

Reaction score
Morris County.

December 2013 was a great game. But with the the exception of the prior game (with the late pick 6) we hadn't won there in a long time. The 99 yard drive game sucked and there were no Hawks fans anywhere near me. Same when we got bombed 42-6 in 09. In the 1990s there were no Hawks fans, although i loved wearing my Cortez jersey.

I'm down with hanging though. Giants fans are quiet so we can have some fun.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":30fcauz2 said:
Morris County.

December 2013 was a great game. But with the the exception of the prior game (with the late pick 6) we hadn't won there in a long time. The 99 yard drive game sucked and there were no Hawks fans anywhere near me. Same when we got bombed 42-6 in 09. In the 1990s there were no Hawks fans, although i loved wearing my Cortez jersey.

Very true...didn't we get a shellacking in the old Giants stadium 2010-2013 as well? I remember hyping that game up with my brother in law..only to get destroyed that Sunday?

Good to know Hawks wont lose there again for a while.

NJlargent

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":23ojgd4v said:
NJlargent":23ojgd4v said:
Morris County.

Very true...didn't we get a shellacking in the old Giants stadium 2010-2013 as well? I remember hyping that game up with my brother in law..only to get destroyed that Sunday?

Good to know Hawks wont lose there again for a while.

Yeah I thought it was 42-6 but it was 44-6. I was there wearing an old school Hawks hat that had a beak coming out of it. Took some guts wearing it but I was with a couple of Giants fans. I remember at halftime in the bathroom some guy said to me "don't bend your beak on the wall" when I was at the urinal. I give him props for it but it was tough walking out of there solo. Of course, fast forward a few years to December 2013 and I had 2 Marshawn jerseys next to me at the urinal.

It is nice to know we are wining the next couple of game there too.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I got my venues mixed up...
I remember being all hyped up for this game because it was home...then we got destroyed.

11/07/2010 New York Giants Seattle Seahawks Away Qwest Field (Seattle, WA) 41-7

OP
OP
H

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I saw them in Shea Stadium and Veterans in Philly. I was too young to care and the team wasn't good enough for the home team to bother you

JonRud

Reaction score
I was at several of these games. Another miserable one was losing the final game of the 1999 season to the Jets 19-9. However the day turned out happy in the end when the Raiders beat the Chiefs later that day to send the Seahawks to the playoffs.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":222xz874 said:
I once flew into Newark, does that count?

that's at least 10 XP points right there.

Note how he says once.

I don't blame you one bit.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
I've been a seahawks fan for over thirty years... I have lived in nj my entire life.... I live in cape may nj 37 years ... I remember when i first started to like seattle ... It was a monday night football game cant remember who we were playing even but we won and at that age i never had a favorite team and i never heard anyone else in my school or my town even say they liked the seahawks and i hate being one of the norms (bandwagon local team fans)and i've been a diehard fan ever since... My parents hated it because before there was an internet for the masses they had to travel to the ends of the earth to find hawks gear for me at christmas and other occasions (some how they always did) and then qvc the shopping network helped but being a hawks was never as special as winning the superbowl in nj ( i almost went but tickets were fakes ) but i still watched us beat the hell out of the broncos and getting there again this year and being so close to winning another one just makes me more of a hawks fan that ever (24-7) :snack: GO HAWKS!!!!!