Wilson could sign a 1 year,15 mill contract ? hope news true

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksurething

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -contract/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... guaranteed

I hope this happens...
Wow Russ is a team player only concerned with the hawks going to the Superbowl every year. So unselfish. Russ is smart he knows he can make more money with endorsements over the years if he reaches Michael Jordan status in the NFL with stats & rings.

Hawks make history with a contract like this being the 1st of its kind! Schneider is a genius,since this will allow him to finally surround his QB with WRs like Marshall or V.jackson,draft one of the top 5 WRs,draft a speed WR like Dorsett,Greene in the 2nd. Plus get Olinemen like Bulaga,newton,Pernell,free or O.franklin. With Baldwin in the slot where he will be better than edelman. = Lynch running vs 7-6 man fronts so he might want to play again

Then get DT like Melton,etc..

People mention Russ's 4 ints,without mentioning Peyton & brady's multiple 5 to 6 int games! They say Russ's defense,but don't mention Brady, big Ben,Peyton's defense...colts got 6 turnovers in the bowl,yet Peyton stunk with a 79.0 passer rating. While hawks def got only 5 TOs,yet Wilson was amazing with a 123.00 passer rate! Also Peyton has had 1st round WRs,TE,&RBs to make him good...but Wilson only has a RB,yet he has had the best 1st three years of any QB in history

Only the blind or ignorant says Wilson is only good because he has a star RB & great Def,without saying that Peyton is only good because of his star RBs,WRs,TEs,& defense. Right ?

"Super Schneider" struck gold with Wilson & can now surround him with a all star cast !

We can only hope .Go Hawks !!!

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Mariners trade for Russell Wilson signs contract with both teams for 20m gtd combined 10m hit to seahawks per year.

Sac

Reaction score
1 year, 15 Mil would be silly. That 15 million would hit the cap immediately and hinder us from doing anything else this year. I'd rather see a large signing bonus spread out over multiple years to keep the cap number low for as long as possible.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
A 1/$15mil deal would not really help the Seahawks all that much. If he signs a long term deal, his year 1 cap hit would likely be under $8mil. A 1 year deal would mean equal cap hit ($15mil). It would be a massive concession on Russell's part, as he could command 80mil guaranteed, but I can't see this happening as it's not a huge benefit to the Seahawks cap situation.

Also, to the question about losing Russ in 2016 if he signed a 1 year deal, don't worry about it. Seattle could franchise him and avoid any chance of Russell hitting the market. Simply put, he's not going anywhere regardless of how this offseason plays out with his contract.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Where in the article is a 1 year 15 million dollar contract mentioned? Or am i blind?

Sac

Reaction score
Basis4day":1csn3wsj said:
Where in the article is a 1 year 15 million dollar contract mentioned? Or am i blind?

You're not blind. The OP is saying it "could" happen, the same way cdallan is saying his scenario with Kate Beckinsale is "possible" in his new shacked thread.

Basis4day

Reaction score
And real quick about endorsements.

NFL players don't make nearly has much off of them as many fans assume.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Where are you getting 1 year $15 mil from? Thats not in the article from what I could see. They are just saying it might be a fully guaranteed contract

TAB420

Reaction score
I could see this being a multi year deal, worth 15 mil a year and it all guaranteed.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksurething":1ozx9r1g said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472324/article/will-russell-wilsons-new-deal-be-fully-guaranteed

I hope this happens...
Wow Russ is a team player only concerned with the hawks going to the Superbowl every year. So unselfish. Russ is smart he knows he can make more money with endorsements over the years if he reaches Michael Jordan status in the NFL with stats & rings.

Hawks make history with a contract like this being the 1st of its kind! Schneider is a genius,since this will allow him to finally surround his QB with WRs like Marshall or V.jackson,draft one of the top 5 WRs,draft a speed WR like Dorsett,Greene in the 2nd. Plus get Olinemen like Bulaga,newton,Pernell,free or O.franklin. With Baldwin in the slot where he will be better than edelman. = Lynch running vs 7-6 man fronts so he might want to play again

People mention Russ's 4 ints,without mentioning Peyton & brady's multiple 5 to 6 int games! They say Russ's defense,but don't mention Brady, big Ben,Peyton's defense...colts got 6 turnovers in the bowl,yet Peyton stunk with a 79.0 passer rating. While hawks def got only 5 TOs,yet Wilson was amazing with a 123.00 passer rate! Also Peyton has had 1st round WRs,TE,&RBs to make him good...but Wilson only has a RB,yet he has had the best 1st three years of any QB in history

Only the blind or ignorant says Wilson is only good because he has a star RB & great Def,without saying that Peyton is only good because of his star RBs,WRs,TEs,& defense. Right ?

"Super Schneider" struck gold with Wilson & can now surround him with a all star cast !

Ahh no place doe sit say 1 year 15 mil, it says fully guaranteed. now the 15 mil might be right but it will not be 1 year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":1159ouyh said:
A 1/$15mil deal would not really help the Seahawks all that much. If he signs a long term deal, his year 1 cap hit would likely be under $8mil. A 1 year deal would mean equal cap hit ($15mil). It would be a massive concession on Russell's part, as he could command 80mil guaranteed, but I can't see this happening as it's not a huge benefit to the Seahawks cap situation.

Also, to the question about losing Russ in 2016 if he signed a 1 year deal, don't worry about it. Seattle could franchise him and avoid any chance of Russell hitting the market. Simply put, he's not going anywhere regardless of how this offseason plays out with his contract.

I guarantee you they will not tag him, if they did he would hold out till the cap was taken off and then be gone. Anyone who thinks they would tag him and it stand would be fooling himself.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Basis4day":h9qkfuig said:

In his third year in the league, Russell made 7 million last year.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Anthony!":12jdn9si said:
brendonkuhn":12jdn9si said:

I guarantee you they will not tag him, if they did he would hold out till the cap was taken off and then be gone. Anyone who thinks they would tag him and it stand would be fooling himself.
You keep making this ridiculous fictions guarantee. What exactly are you basing it off of?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1glbcpu1 said:
Basis4day":1glbcpu1 said:

In his third year in the league, Russell made 7 million last year.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ekf ... no-atkins/

I've seen estimates in the 5-7 range, which isn't small potatoes but isn't as high as many fans expect. When i hear it discussed it sounds like fans think the most marketable players receive endorsements in the range of what the top 5 qbs in the league make a year.

Here is some 2014 estimates by Forbes for comparison. Would you assume that Calvin Johnson only made 800,000 in endorsements?

cacksman

Reaction score
hawksurething":2pmmpz4f said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472324/article/will-russell-wilsons-new-deal-be-fully-guaranteed

I hope this happens...

Please, just stop.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anthony!":h8nyn6zl said:
brendonkuhn":h8nyn6zl said:

:lol:

I guarantee you he won't be tagged either, because he will be signed a long time before it ever reached that point.

But yeah Anthony.. this FO would totally let a Super Bowl winning QB walk in FA with absolutely no compensation or backup plan in place. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.