Reasons why Russell Wilson is factually ELITE...

hawksurething

Reaction score
Wilson is such a elite passer that he has a better passer rating than peyton his 1st three years... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... lsRu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... nnPe00.htm

#1. Hawks Oline gave the most penertration in the NFL ! Peyton & Brady would get destroyed behind it and throw 26 ints at least like they have thrown multiple 5-6 ints games. that's even if they make it through 2 games.

#2. Wilson can throw on the run like staubach,montana,etc...

#3. Wilson is accurate even when blitzed & throwing to undrafted WRs who Peyton refused to play with,so he choose the broncos knowing he would suck with hawks WR corps.

#4.Wilson is so accurate when he has time in the pocket & the WRs present a sure target...that he went 14 for 14 straight in one game. ( ohh and he did this with WRs that Flynn & Peyton could not succeed with). Wow ! Know we are starting to see why Schneider wants to make Wilson the highest paid QB ???

#5.Wilson has faced the most top defenses & elite QBs in the nfl ,yet holds a the best win% against them. Wow !

#6.Wilson is a 3rd down machine & is so clutch that he had 55 straight games with a game leading drive & score,until he finally failed at the 1 yard line in the Superbowl. Amazing ! Guess its true that nobody can win them all?

#7. Wilson broke Peyton's rookie record with 31 total TDs,26 passing,less ints. Wow !

#8.Wilson completely took a 7-9 team & turned them into a winning team. He turned our top 10 defense into the #1 defense due to his low mistakes and long drives keeping them rested & willing to gamble more knowing he is a comback artist ! He also made lynch even better ! He Had the players glowingly talking about him in preseason making them believe in Superbowl rings ! The coaching staff,fans,& owner all went nuts over this young man's personality,passion,study,ability to lead & win,and most of all his will & never say die clutch plays.

#9. Wilson is the most popular player in the NFL. With the #1 sales in all NFL merchedise !

#10.Wilson has the best first 3 years stats than any QB in NFL history !

#11. Wilson has Back to back Superbowls with one win. Wilson had 200 yards 2TDs 0ints a passer rating of 123.00 ! 3rd down% was crazy keeping Peyton off the field & the defense got 5 turnovers.
While Peyton had 270 yards 3 turnovers & only 1 TD in his bowl win where his dungy defense bailed him out with 6 turnovers !!!

So the" defense is the only reason Wilson wins" nonsense has just been destroyed,because every elite QB'S defense is the reason they win too. Brady's defense just won it for him again this year ! Bigben,Rodgers,Montana,aikman,etc... All had great defenses & run games.

If you fans have any other ridiculous stats or accomplishments our #1 star ELITE QB has done ? Please add :)

You can copy and paste my post when every people down our Hawk's amazingly elite passer ;)

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
He's still too short to play according to many people still. Yet Andrew Luck probably has more batted down passes than Wilson.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
the incrediblesok":3qzt1851 said:
He's still too short to play according to many people still. Yet Andrew Luck probably has more batted down passes than Wilson.

Wow did not know that !

I knew he had a high delivery, but would not expect less batted balls with so much penertration than luck whom is tall.

Thats a good fact you came up with sok !

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Good stuff. Maybe I'll just drop a link to this thread instead of continuously pointing out the same stuff when I argue with fools that say RW ONLY wins "because of that D and Beast Mode."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":if6rq21g said:
I've heard something like that myself in relation to Wilson having a very high release point but I wonder if it's a statistic they actually track?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
He definitely has a high release point. It almost looks like the ball slips out of hand early, especially in slow motion

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Ohh...I got a new one. Wilson threw more TDs than luck with almost 200 less attempts a year ! That is just ridiculous.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IMO, people who bitch about the Seattle O-line are way off base.

True story. When asked about the best offensive line he faced this year, Brandon Marshall, LB for the Broncos, said the Seahawks O-line was it. The best he had faced.

Yet some Hawk fans continually label it as awful.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Our O-line is decent if we have all of our starters in, the problem has always been injury. How can an O-line gel if they are always changing their lineup.

I don't know how good Brandon Marshall LB for the Broncos is, but the NFC West defenses have been abusing our O-line for a long time.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ondy3zp said:
IMO, people who bitch about the Seattle O-line are way off base.

True story. When asked about the best offensive line he faced this year, Brandon Marshall, LB for the Broncos, said the Seahawks O-line was it. The best he had faced.

Yet some Hawk fans continually label it as awful.

Probably got trucked by Sweezy a couple times on run plays, so...not sure I'd put a lot of stock in that.

I would not rate the O-line as awful in any way, but I would like to see more consistency, especially in pass pro.

kearly

Reaction score
Lynch struggled mightily in 2010. Then Cable shows up, and just like that, Lynch is amazing. So amazing that he went from a borderline first round bust to a guy paving his way to the Hall of Fame. There's a lot of other stuff you could look at, but ultimately that's what it boils down to for a team built around running the football and playing defense.

And has been cited in other threads, Seattle's sack rate on passes held less than 3 seconds or on play action are league average. It's only when Wilson wings it that the OL's sack numbers go up, but that's okay because the team understands this as a risk/reward concept. Doesn't mean the OL is to blame for failing to block for 7 seconds.

I also want to say that Wilson has at least 3-5 sacks a year where he gets shoe-string tackled on a scramble an inch behind the line of scrimmage, which goes down in the books as a sack.

Seattle's OL has also dealt with an inordinate amount of injury in 2013 and 2014. Give them a healthy year, and they might be on par with Dallas, who's OL is much more similar to Seattle than many realize.

Seattle will continually look to add OL every year. I think more than any other area of the team, OL is the spot where competition is key, since most of guys Seattle drafts for OL can play multiple spots.

kearly

Reaction score
I put Anthony! on ignore a long time ago. Good kid, but probably a kid. I'll check back on him in five years.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
kearly":1v3jx0a3 said:
Lynch struggled mightily in 2010. Then Cable shows up, and just like that, Lynch is amazing. So amazing that he went from a borderline first round bust to a guy paving his way to the Hall of Fame. There's a lot of other stuff you could look at, but ultimately that's what it boils down to for a team built around running the football and playing defense.

And has been cited in other threads, Seattle's sack rate on passes held less than 3 seconds or on play action are league average. It's only when Wilson wings it that the OL's sack numbers go up, but that's okay because the team understands this as a risk/reward concept. Doesn't mean the OL is to blame for failing to block for 7 seconds.

I also want to say that Wilson has at least 3-5 sacks a year where he gets shoe-string tackled on a scramble an inch behind the line of scrimmage, which goes down in the books as a sack.

Seattle's OL has also dealt with an inordinate amount of injury in 2013 and 2014. Give them a healthy year, and they might be on par with Dallas, who's OL is much more similar to Seattle than many realize.

Seattle will continually look to add OL every year. I think more than any other area of the team, OL is the spot where competition is key, since most of guys Seattle drafts for OL can play multiple spots.

Duh. Any o-line can block UNDER 3 secs !

I said block for a 3 step drop which is over 3 secs...they are the most penetrated oline in the NFL on pass protection, 47% ...so why bring up lynch and run blocking ???

The fact is they give too much penertration that we see almost at the snap ! There are very few chances to sit comfortably in the pocket when your used to having to run for your life most times.

Its not about geling...its about getting pushed back

A good oline must block for 3 to 4 seconds. Not under.

You can't derail my post about our QB with run blocking or pass blocking under the appropriate time ;) keep its factual & on subject. Wilson.

Tical21

Reaction score
Elite quarterback, yes. Elite passer, no. Elite passers diagnose and dissect defenses. But usually have decent receivers. Something doesn't pass the eye test and I'm still way too lazy to figure out why.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Tical21":2osokouu said:
Elite quarterback, yes. Elite passer, no. Elite passers diagnose and dissect defenses. But usually have decent receivers. Something doesn't pass the eye test and I'm still way too lazy to figure out why.

Elite passer better than Peyton was at this stage. Passer rate 100.00. You lose.

Rex

Reaction score
As a Rams fan I wasn't convinced until midway '13 season. Wilson's game is very different. He isn't asked to carry the offense with his arm. He excels at turning broken plays into big yards. He's very smart and so durable. He is elite and within that classification he stands alone.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
This was his 3rd year playing and he showed this year that he can take over a game and especially that Panther's game where he was able to diagnose what the defense was doing. Also the Rams game and Redskins game. I'm sure the coaches aren't giving him free reign like Brady or Manning at this part in his career, but I see next year giving him more a bit more responsibility. Look at the 49ers, Kaepernick had better weapons on offense than we did but couldn't get it done. Give Wilson those guys and I bet ya right now he be torching teams.

Chris Matthews, I hope is the tall receiver we need, but we still need a speedy guy. Look what happened to Nick Foles when he didn't have Deshawn Jackson. Pete said that they are always looking for a speedy WR to take the top off the defense. I think they will go after another one in the draft.

I like it that Wilson took the responsibility of that last play. I sense that it will be his driving force for this coming season. Elite or not he's actually in his own class and I'll take that over the Elite status.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2u9ttgwr said:
This was his 3rd year playing and he showed this year that he can take over a game and especially that Panther's game where he was able to diagnose what the defense was doing. Also the Rams game and Redskins game. I'm sure the coaches aren't giving him free reign like Brady or Manning at this part in his career, but I see next year giving him more a bit more responsibility. Look at the 49ers, Kaepernick had better weapons on offense than we did but couldn't get it done. Give Wilson those guys and I bet ya right now he be torching teams.

Chris Matthews, I hope is the tall receiver we need, but we still need a speedy guy. Look what happened to Nick Foles when he didn't have Deshawn Jackson. Pete said that they are always looking for a speedy WR to take the top off the defense. I think they will go after another one in the draft.

I like it that Wilson took the responsibility of that last play. I sense that it will be his driving force for this coming season. Elite or not he's actually in his own class and I'll take that over the Elite status.

Yes. If hawks get a #1 WR that must be double teamed, plus a speedy WR like Dorsett,Devin smith,maybe Greene ? With Baldwin in the slot...lynch will have to stay facing 7-6 man fronts ! Yay !